Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers - 1/31/2010 4:17:45 PM   
JohnDillworth

In a few months ll of my carriers are scheduled to receive 36 Corsairs. Historically, Corsairs replaced Avengers (I think). As these reinforcements are showing as going directly to a carrier what will happen on the day they arrive. Not all of these carriers are scheduled for refit.
thanks

Attachment (1)

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on the list.
Post #: 1
RE: Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers - 1/31/2010 4:24:44 PM   
rjopel

The Corsairs were assigned as a 4th squadron. An addition not a replacement. As for how they show up I don't know.

(in reply to JohnDillworth)
Post #: 2
RE: Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers - 1/31/2010 4:47:49 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

The Corsairs were assigned as a 4th squadron. An addition not a replacement. As for how they show up I don't know.

OK, it looks like Hellcats go from 42 to 32, Avengers from 18 to 15 and Helldivers from 32 to 15 In January 45. Got to see how the mechanics work out in the game. Historically this gave much more flexibility as there was a greater need for fighters and/or ground attack aircraft. Either role the Corsair excelled at. Anyway, they did not need as many ship killers.

(in reply to rjopel)
Post #: 3
RE: Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers - 1/31/2010 4:48:34 PM   
FOW

They replace half of the DB squadron.

you'll end up with (I think) 36 F, 36 FB, 16 DB, 15 TB

Post #: 4
RE: Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers - 2/1/2010 2:40:28 PM   
Panther Bait

So, when does the Galactica get its first Viper squadron?

When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 5
RE: Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers - 2/1/2010 3:08:53 PM   
JohnDillworth

quote:

Thanks for noticing. I thought it was a good name until I guy in antoher thread points out that he names his after Japanese carriers he has sunk. So he has the USS Shokaku!

(in reply to Panther Bait)
Post #: 6
RE: Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers - 2/1/2010 5:04:56 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

quote:

Thanks for noticing. I thought it was a good name until I guy in antoher thread points out that he names his after Japanese carriers he has sunk. So he has the USS Shokaku!

Yeah, but USS Pegasus? Bad juju.

The Moose

Post #: 7
RE: Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers - 2/1/2010 8:57:51 PM   
Chickenboy

John,

Are you bragging about your newfound toys? As a Japanese PBEM player, you can keep your fancy schmancy corsairs on your 'USS My Pretty Pony'. Show off...

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 8
RE: Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers - 2/1/2010 9:15:42 PM   
Panther Bait

Yeah, stay away from Commander Cain.  Either one of them.  They're both crazy and will get you killed (or kill you herself in new BSG)

When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Bunch of Corsairs showing up soon for all my carriers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI