Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bunkers - Pillbox - Trench

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Bunkers - Pillbox - Trench Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bunkers - Pillbox - Trench - 1/24/2010 11:35:44 AM   
largo

Hello everybody,

my first question on this game

How can it be done leave units in bunkers or Pillbax or trench? (The artillery maybe?)

Post #: 1
RE: Bunkers - Pillbox - Trench - 1/24/2010 11:58:44 AM   
Geomitrak

Any non-vehicular unit that is in a trench, pillbox or bunker hex is inside those fortifications. You can still see them as normal, but they are protected by whatever type of fortification it is. Section 5.24 of the .pdf manual tells you about it.

Regards

Paul

(in reply to largo)
Post #: 2
RE: Bunkers - Pillbox - Trench - 1/24/2010 12:43:33 PM   
largo

Yes, I saw well but are there more successful weapons against the pillbox or bunkers ?

(in reply to Geomitrak)
Post #: 3
RE: Bunkers - Pillbox - Trench - 1/24/2010 2:33:07 PM   
wings7

Assaulting is the best way!

(in reply to largo)
Post #: 4
RE: Bunkers - Pillbox - Trench - 1/24/2010 3:54:27 PM   
baltjes

An adequate way to attack pilboxes:

1. move a unit into an adjacent hex, hopefully it takes all defensive fire

2. move an engineer tot the same hex; if it has 70 action points left, fire into the pillbox. One unit inside is hopefully disrupted; use the remainder action points (at least 35!) to place a smoke into its own hex. (If less than 70 AP are available, just place the smoke counter).

3. in your next turn, assault with your engineer (provided it is not disrupted by enemy fire) if all units inside are disrupted, otherwise repeat from step 2 untill all units inside the pillbox are disrupted

4. Bring up more engineers (when available) to increase your probability to destroy (conquer) pillboxes and/or repeat from point 2 untill your goal has been achieved

Extra effectiveness is obtained when smoke is also placed on the pillbox itself. This has to be done by smoke-firing artillery.

An alternative: use (anti)tank guns; especially the German 88mm AA gun proves to be an excellent pillbox-cracker.

Use combinations of the above.

For bunkers, the bove procedure(s) work as well, but (long range) artillery is also quite effective. (Long range artillery is quite ineffective against pillboxes

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 5
RE: Bunkers - Pillbox - Trench - 1/24/2010 8:26:51 PM   
largo

Thank you everybody

(in reply to baltjes)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Bunkers - Pillbox - Trench Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI