Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Strike CRT

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Air Strike CRT Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Strike CRT - 1/24/2010 5:17:41 AM   
RandomAttack

It has always seemed to me that there were a lot more losses in Air Strikes (on ground units) than I would have expected, so I did some experimenting.

1) The Air Strike CRT (consts.csv) has multiple columns with different losses per die roll, but;
2) Every Air Strike I perform, the dialog ALWAYS says it is resolved under "Column 1". Doesn't matter what conditions, what terrain, effectiveness, etc.
3) Just so happens that a die roll of 3-6 causes a loss-- so you have a 2/3 chance of losing a point EVERY TIME you attack. I verified this over 50 air attacks. The amount of damge you inflict is variable, but your damage is a straight die roll.

Unless the dialog is incorrect, then I suggest that this is way too high given the relatively minor damage usually inflicted. I played around with just 5-6 in column 1 (1/3 chance of loss) and it seemed a lot more reasonable.

Also kind of begs the question as to why the other columns are even there if not used.

Anyway, maybe it was meant to be this high-- but given the high relative cost of air points I think it should be toned down some.

< Message edited by RandomAttack -- 1/24/2010 5:18:36 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Air Strike CRT - 1/24/2010 9:38:03 PM   
Razz

Ja, the ground attack is attrocious.

Need to be 8 or higher and a high tech level.

Use sparingly.

Everytime you attack a weak unit and kill it you loose 1 strength. Very rarely will you not get hit.

For ROI return on investment, try not to use it that much.

(in reply to RandomAttack)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Air Strike CRT Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI