Matrix Games Forums

Players compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta EstDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Strike CRT

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Air Strike CRT Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Strike CRT - 1/24/2010 5:17:41 AM   
RandomAttack

It has always seemed to me that there were a lot more losses in Air Strikes (on ground units) than I would have expected, so I did some experimenting.

1) The Air Strike CRT (consts.csv) has multiple columns with different losses per die roll, but;
2) Every Air Strike I perform, the dialog ALWAYS says it is resolved under "Column 1". Doesn't matter what conditions, what terrain, effectiveness, etc.
3) Just so happens that a die roll of 3-6 causes a loss-- so you have a 2/3 chance of losing a point EVERY TIME you attack. I verified this over 50 air attacks. The amount of damge you inflict is variable, but your damage is a straight die roll.

Unless the dialog is incorrect, then I suggest that this is way too high given the relatively minor damage usually inflicted. I played around with just 5-6 in column 1 (1/3 chance of loss) and it seemed a lot more reasonable.

Also kind of begs the question as to why the other columns are even there if not used.

Anyway, maybe it was meant to be this high-- but given the high relative cost of air points I think it should be toned down some.

< Message edited by RandomAttack -- 1/24/2010 5:18:36 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Air Strike CRT - 1/24/2010 9:38:03 PM   
Razz

Ja, the ground attack is attrocious.

Need to be 8 or higher and a high tech level.

Use sparingly.

Everytime you attack a weak unit and kill it you loose 1 strength. Very rarely will you not get hit.

For ROI return on investment, try not to use it that much.

(in reply to RandomAttack)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Air Strike CRT Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI