Announcement to Customers: Replacement of Defective CDs

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

SeanD

Announcement to Customers: Replacement of Defective CDs

Post by SeanD »

After several customer support requests, our investigation with Digital River revealed a new problem that developed in January with the physical CD duplication system in our UK warehouse. This warehouse fulfills orders for customers everywhere outside North America. We estimate that this problem resulted in over 100 orders being fulfilled with defective CDs. We have tracked down when the problem started and the system is currently being repaired (or replaced, if it cannot be repaired). In the meantime, our physical CD duplication system in the US is handling all orders so there should be no significant delay for ongoing business. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to customers that have received defective CDs as a result of this problem.

We will be re-burning and re-shipping physical copies for all affected customers. The process of re-burning and re-shipping all affected orders is already underway using our US warehouse, but it may take up to a week to complete. If you have any questions regarding a specific order, please contact us via our Help Desk at www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we would like to thank those customers who brought this to our attention.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
markefs1

RE: Announcement to Customers: Replacement of Defective CDs

Post by markefs1 »

Has anyone got his replacement CD yet? I wonder how long this replacement process will take. If somebody did get his disc, did it fix the problem?
mickbelldrfc

Post by mickbelldrfc »

Hi, I believe I may have actually received a defective CD as my original order AND as my replacement. I have to thank Matrix Games for responding to my initial problem relatively quickly but I'm afraid a week after I reported a problem with my second disk i still haven't heard anything.

I ordered John Tiller's Campaign Series, there are only two files (approx 500MB) on the disk, when you try to run the "...setuprelease.exe" file it crashes the computer.

Be really keen to here from Matrix as to whether I can get a working copy at some time soon. Thanks!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Did you use our Help Desk to report this yet? There should only be two files, but running the installer should not cause a crash.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
mickbelldrfc

Post by mickbelldrfc »

Thank you for getting back to me. Yeah, I spoke to customer services from the outset. They were pretty helpful (even offered me a download but I couldn't get this to work either) up to a point but now they have stopped talking to me. Both copies of the disk they sent me were the same but neither works. My computer easily meets the minimum spec for the game and is running on windows XP. This is a UK computer, should there be any compatibility issues? Anyway, i'll send them back to you I guess. Just a bit disappointed 'cos I had West Front and East Front first time around and was looking forward to getting in to them again. Plus I noticed you stock TOAW but its been a bit too much hassle with JTCS.

Anyway. I'll try and return the games.[:)]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: mickbelldrfc Thank you for getting back to me. Yeah, I spoke to customer services from the outset. They were pretty helpful (even offered me a download but I couldn't get this to work either) up to a point but now they have stopped talking to me. Both copies of the disk they sent me were the same but neither works. My computer easily meets the minimum spec for the game and is running on windows XP. This is a UK computer, should there be any compatibility issues? Anyway, i'll send them back to you I guess. Just a bit disappointed 'cos I had West Front and East Front first time around and was looking forward to getting in to them again. Plus I noticed you stock TOAW but its been a bit too much hassle with JTCS.
I just want to make sure you're speaking with our Help Desk, rather than the customer support at DR. There's a big difference. Why were you unable to get the download working?

There should be no compatibility issues with a UK system, we have many, many customers in the UK running these and our other games without issue. If the second copy doesn't work, they should have sent a third, but I wonder if its something system-specific? Did you try turning off all your anti-virus/security software that could be interfering with an installation? Could you e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your Help Desk request ID and I'll check into this?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
526526b

Post by 526526b »

I have the same problem and I can't load the CD that I just purchased onto my computer. Eventually I get a 'Data error (cyclic redundancy check)' Is my CD bad? I purchased it from an independent distributor. How can I rectify this?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi, please contact our Help Desk and provide them with the Order ID printed on your CD. They should be able to get you a working replacement copy.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”