From: Jyväskylä, Finland
All the info Ive read about this game suggests that I dont really need to try the demo to make up my mind. These guys have earned my moneys and I hope they make more of games like this. The fact that it costs only 17€ is kind of steal though.
Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 Main Features:
* Great replayability and flexible AI behaviour: “smart” AI analyses tactical movements of player and chooses the best strategy based on opponents’ behaviour, rather than following scripts. It allows players to complete the same scenarios using different tactics as if playing with human player.
* Thorough re-creation of weapons, artillery and vehicles: all battle characteristics, including missile trajectories or number of crew, were modeled according to military archive materials and WW2 chronicles.
* Destructible environment: blast and destroy almost everything, from ground terrain to houses and enemy defences. All traces of previous battles (shell-holes, broken vehicles, corpses, etc.) are left on the battlefield until the end of the scenario.
* Real ballistics: bullets and projectiles follow authentic trajectories. Proper shot longitude, number of frags and their range are calculated.
* Real vehicle damage system: engine, suspension, weapons, aiming appliances can all be damaged separately, affecting the combat abilities of the vehicle.
* Real soldiers' behaviour: every soldier has some basic parameters, such as experience level, fatigue and morale that affect his behaviour and effectiveness.
* Military Encyclopaedia with 3D model viewer and detailed data on all units, describing their historical and in-game characteristics.
*2 control modes: turn-based strategic mode and real-time tactical mode
EDIT: Physical collectors edition coming in may for 23€:
< Message edited by Zakhal -- 2/27/2010 12:59:06 AM >
"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke