Adding new leaders

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

hellfirejet

Adding new leaders

Post by hellfirejet »

Hi Marshall is there a limit to the number of new leaders that can be added using the editor?[;)]
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
Marshall Ellis

RE: Adding new leaders

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Nope. BUT there is work to be done here (Allowing type selection, cav leader, etc).
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Thanks Marshall,so glad to see that the game is still improving all the time,have been reading up a bit, on the land campaign during the Napoleonic wars.[;)]

I have not been around much recently but I have still been very interested to see how things are progressing.[:)]
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Still coding with my bloody nubs! :-)
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Hi Marshall,While adding any new Generals etc with the editor,I get the following error message displayed,how do I solve this problem?[&:]

Attachments
Addingadm..eeditor.jpg
Addingadm..eeditor.jpg (108.9 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Regards,
Graham.

Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Actually, the problem is that we don't have a picture of your leader! This would most definitely be a problem that needs to be addressed! I'm not sure that I can place in 1.08 BUT in the mean time, if you could produce a 24bit BMP file (portrait of your leader) if the above name and place it in the "Graphics\counters" dir then you should be OK. I realize this is a little cludgy and I will address this with a generic Spanish leader pic at some point. Could I talk you into documenting this in Mantis?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

OK Marshall,I will create an art file for a new leader,will I have to do this for all new leaders that I add ?

Plus as you suggest I will post on mantis[;)]
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

I have posted the above problem on mantis,plus I have created an art file for my new leader,as Marshall suggested the new leader now appears in game,but on the map the leaders face is still obscured by the red dot?
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

As you can see from the picture,the new leader is present but,Gravina is an Admiral and the game won't let me add him to the heavy fleet,it thinks he is a General,so my Admiral is in command off a Corps hehehehe[;)]

The above is for demonstration purposes only,the scenario I'm attempting to create is for the time period 1792-1815 starting when no one is at war,so I should have a few months to build up and position all my forces[8D]

Attachments
Addingan..hleader.jpg
Addingan..hleader.jpg (149.4 KiB) Viewed 91 times
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

I have created an art file for a French Admiral,just like the one Britain uses for Nelson,I'm in the middle of adding more for other nation's as well that have fleets,Spain,Russia etc.[;)]

Attachments
frcnavalleader.jpg
frcnavalleader.jpg (2.25 KiB) Viewed 94 times
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

New Spanish naval leader added[;)]

Attachments
spnnavalleader.jpg
spnnavalleader.jpg (2.28 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Regards,
Graham.

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

New Russian naval leader art.[;)]

Attachments
rusnavalleader.jpg
rusnavalleader.jpg (2.24 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Regards,
Graham.

pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

BUT there is work to be done here (Allowing type selection, cav leader, etc).

I added a reminder note to the Mantis issue.

We should also track another issue for how to change leader ratings over time, such as Napoleon per optional rule 12.3.7.3? I suppose players can create additional leaders such as Napoleon(1809) and Napoleon(1812) and use a house rule to retire the old and assign the new, but there must be a better way.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

We should also track another issue for how to change leader ratings over time, such as Napoleon per optional rule 12.3.7.3? I suppose players can create additional leaders such as Napoleon(1809) and Napoleon(1812) and use a house rule to retire the old and assign the new, but there must be a better way.

Hi pzgndr, I'm for anything that improves the game,and the ability to add new Admirals & Generals that the game programming accepts,is a must for me.
Regards,
Graham.

Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

This is a good one. Likely if this can be figured out so can the changes to Prussia's corps stratgeic rating and British training can be solved.
Daniel Amieiro

Post by Daniel Amieiro »

I simply cannot add leaders. I cannot do it on beta 1.20 and in "stable" 1.08. It adds a corp (army corp in 1.20 and flt corp in 1.08). I see in directories that there is a "generic" leader. I cannot add a leader. It adds corps.

As post Marshall Ellis (good job!, please, do editor facilities! ^_^ ). And include admiral, cavalry and seniority rank. For me it's a must. Same for minor. I would love to add leaders in minors (like poniatowski for poland). -> It would need a pic for neutral "general". Even an admiral (naval leader) for holland (or a very maritime country) would be very nice.

Hellfire: how do you achieve to add a leader?

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”