Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Float plane questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Float plane questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Float plane questions - 1/11/2010 4:13:42 PM   
Athius

I've got a few questions about floatplanes:

1. Can every float plane be used on subs? For example: if I decide to focus on the Jake, can I replace al other floatplane currently on subs with this type?

2. Regarding maximum range: when searching, does a plane keep flying until it has reached its max range? Or ss there a limit how far the plane will fly, even if it still has enough fuel to continue flying. (Iam asking this because iam leaning towards favoring the Jake above all other FP's, because of its larger max range and, hopefully, search distance)

Thanks,

Athius
Post #: 1
RE: Float plane questions - 1/11/2010 7:40:05 PM   
FOW

In game terms any floatplane can be carried on the IJN subs.
HOWEVER, in real life only the Glen was designed to do so (light and folded/partially dismantled to fit in the hangar). No way could a Jake or Alf etc fit onto the sub.

Longer range is better but at a cost. If you set the range to max it will search but still only one 10 degree slice per phase, at reduced chance to spot and potential for more Op losses.

(in reply to Athius)
Post #: 2
RE: Float plane questions - 1/11/2010 8:11:48 PM   
Q-Ball

I would consider replacing Glen with Jake or Alf kind of gamey, even though the game will let you do it.

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 3
RE: Float plane questions - 1/11/2010 8:12:54 PM   
cavalry

That issue should have been fixed - I really hate to se Jake on a sub. I do not know why the designers allow loop holes like this to pursist

There is however another FP late war ( and quite good) designed for subs is there not?

Cav

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 4
RE: Float plane questions - 1/12/2010 6:16:38 AM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

I would consider replacing Glen with Jake or Alf kind of gamey, even though the game will let you do it.

I only use the Glen for subs. Eventually the Jake for everthing else as I let the other types slowly die off.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 5
RE: Float plane questions - 1/12/2010 7:30:06 AM   
Fishbed

quote:

That issue should have been fixed - I really hate to se Jake on a sub. I do not know why the designers allow loop holes like this to pursist

There is however another FP late war ( and quite good) designed for subs is there not?

Cav

Well maybe because you're big guys who can behave by themselves without the need for the programmers to add another line to the code, potentially fixing the issue but making a fuss and creating new ones while doing so...?

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 6
RE: Float plane questions - 1/12/2010 8:00:11 AM   
JuanG

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Cav

The M6A Seiran was designed for the I-400s, yes, but it was much larger than the E14 Glen, so it would be wrong to use them on the other subs. On the otherhand, I think it might be reasonable to use the other floatplanes from the I-400 if desired, as they were slightly smaller than the M6A's.

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 7
RE: Float plane questions - 1/12/2010 8:17:26 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Cav

yeah, but the Seiran can only be used on the "submersible aircraft carriers" which carry three of them each

(in reply to cavalry)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Float plane questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI