Float plane questions

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Athius

Float plane questions

Post by Athius »

I've got a few questions about floatplanes:

1. Can every float plane be used on subs? For example: if I decide to focus on the Jake, can I replace al other floatplane currently on subs with this type?

2. Regarding maximum range: when searching, does a plane keep flying until it has reached its max range? Or ss there a limit how far the plane will fly, even if it still has enough fuel to continue flying. (Iam asking this because iam leaning towards favoring the Jake above all other FP's, because of its larger max range and, hopefully, search distance)

Thanks,

Athius
FOW

RE: Float plane questions

Post by FOW »

In game terms any floatplane can be carried on the IJN subs.
HOWEVER, in real life only the Glen was designed to do so (light and folded/partially dismantled to fit in the hangar). No way could a Jake or Alf etc fit onto the sub.

Longer range is better but at a cost. If you set the range to max it will search but still only one 10 degree slice per phase, at reduced chance to spot and potential for more Op losses.
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

I would consider replacing Glen with Jake or Alf kind of gamey, even though the game will let you do it.

Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

That issue should have been fixed - I really hate to se Jake on a sub. I do not know why the designers allow loop holes like this to pursist

There is however another FP late war ( and quite good) designed for subs is there not?

Cav
stuman

Post by stuman »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

I would consider replacing Glen with Jake or Alf kind of gamey, even though the game will let you do it.

I only use the Glen for subs. Eventually the Jake for everthing else as I let the other types slowly die off.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

Fishbed

Post by Fishbed »

That issue should have been fixed - I really hate to se Jake on a sub. I do not know why the designers allow loop holes like this to pursist

There is however another FP late war ( and quite good) designed for subs is there not?

Cav

Well maybe because you're big guys who can behave by themselves without the need for the programmers to add another line to the code, potentially fixing the issue but making a fuss and creating new ones while doing so...?
JuanG

Post by JuanG »

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Cav

The M6A Seiran was designed for the I-400s, yes, but it was much larger than the E14 Glen, so it would be wrong to use them on the other subs. On the otherhand, I think it might be reasonable to use the other floatplanes from the I-400 if desired, as they were slightly smaller than the M6A's.
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Cav

yeah, but the Seiran can only be used on the "submersible aircraft carriers" which carry three of them each

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”