Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WaW ver. R

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: WaW ver. R Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/10/2010 10:47:28 PM   
cveta

RufusTFirefly - you should see a screnshot when tweber was take my 9 subs in a port. It was even worst that this one you post.

Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups

(in reply to cveta)
Post #: 91
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/11/2010 4:16:51 AM   
springer

Kondor,

I think this Monty Python skit was the one you are refering to in post #74 World's Funniest Joke

By the way, this WaW thread is fun to follow.

< Message edited by springer -- 2/11/2010 4:25:00 AM >

(in reply to kondor)
Post #: 92
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/11/2010 11:36:26 AM   
kondor

That's the one! Thx Springer.

(in reply to springer)
Post #: 93
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/11/2010 1:40:55 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West.

Aug. 29, 1941

More ASW action for the IJN around Japan.... good target practice....

IJA on the move in China.

Paritsans wiped out in S.E. Asia.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to kondor)
Post #: 94
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/11/2010 8:08:43 PM   
tweber

Turn sent.  I had a supply problem last turn.  One of my big US fleets was in port and sucked up the supply from the UK so my bomber fleet was ground.  I was able to fix supply and resumed flying.  I found Berlin defended so I knocked out most of Paris.

Gain a hex in Norway and a few in North Africa.  Fleets move to Pacific and British army is moving through Cambodia.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 95
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/12/2010 2:42:43 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West.

Sept. 1941

More ASW action off of Japan... soon we'll be able to walk to Guam!

More partisans killed.

Chinese offensive stalled because the Chinese appear to have a huge airforce and army! WTF?!?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 96
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/12/2010 4:22:14 PM   
tweber

Turn sent. 

In Europe, bombers hit Munich to slow SS builds.  Took last port in North Africa.

In Pacific, captured Truk.  Expect some big fleet battles in the next few turns.  British Army moving through Indo-China.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 97
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/12/2010 4:38:55 PM   
cveta

Turn sended. Nothing much. I menage to bomb Cairo and destroyed a bridge there ( wrong one of course, stupid spaghetii soldiers they cant do anything right ). Again have some antipartisan activity in Yugoslavia and Russia with sucess. Line in Russia is stabile now and I hope I will advance again. Helsinki is completly destroyed by comunist planes. Paris also, but bouth citties will be rebuilded. West has strike us with 32 level bombers in a single attack. Seems to me that they dont care about civilaian casulties after all.
Small brittish garison in Denmark was unsusefuly attacked ( again with a suport of spagheti soldiers ). Axis soldiers were masacrated on the shores.
Norway start to be active battleground again. Thouse Toomies are like dogs. You beat them and they still come back when they smell somthing nice.
New order from Fuhrer has arrived. Garison duty will now be executed with Italian soldiers only. They seems to be so bad at attacks that they lowered the moral of German soldiers. I wonder where they learn to hold the guns. In Circus? Shooting ducks probably and with no efect.

(in reply to cveta)
Post #: 98
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/12/2010 8:52:18 PM   
RufusTFirefly

Turn Russia and China sent.

Odessa captured by partisans. Counterattack of Russian tank units at Vitebsk was successful. An enemy division has to retreat after suffering heavy losses. Attackers east of Tallinn bombed, several kills. Although Russian artillery is still keeping up fire on Mannerheim line, the fortifications are only slightly damaged. On possibility for a Russian attack.

Japan has started heavy air raids against Chinese cities.

(in reply to cveta)
Post #: 99
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/12/2010 9:07:48 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: RufusTFirefly
Japan has started heavy air raids against Chinese cities.

Really?!? Cool!

(in reply to RufusTFirefly)
Post #: 100
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/13/2010 12:38:45 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West.

Oct. 1941.... winter's coming.... can't be good.....

More partisns killed.

More Allied subs go to the bottom of the Pacific.

Russian subs spying off the coast of China... can't attack....

Allied troops routed from S.E. Asia.

Small advance in China.

Small landings in a couple of places....

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 101
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/13/2010 3:52:21 PM   
tweber

Turn sent.

Landed in force in Cherbourg.  Blew bridges along the Seine to hinder reinforcements.  Hope to stay in France this time.

In the Pacific, converging fleets on Japan.  Took Saipan and did first bombing run on Tokyo.  The fleet was in port so I did not do much damage. 

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 102
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/13/2010 9:41:46 PM   
RufusTFirefly

Turn China30 sent.

Large Japanese infantry divisions arrived at the southern front near Kunming. The enemy has placed artillery there as well. An air strike on the artillery positions was not very successful. No guns eliminated. Chinese generals worried whether they will be able to hold Kunming.

In the north bombers attacked with small success.

At the Russian theatre the German army group at Vitebsk attacked successfully and caused heavy losses. Two Russian units had to retreat to the city. In a counterattack supported by tanks Russian forces managed to eliminate many SS rifles and forced the Germans to retreat.

Leningrad air division lost fighters in air attacks on Helsinky, while bombardment of fortification at Mannerheim line was successful.

German parachuters are trying to recapture Odessa. The weak partisan unit will not be able to defend. But a tank group advancing to support the enemie´s attack on Odessa is stopped as Russian units blew the bridges and were digging in on the eastern banks of the Dnjestr.

< Message edited by RufusTFirefly -- 2/13/2010 9:42:29 PM >

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 103
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/15/2010 2:03:02 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West.

Nov. 1941... winters coming....

Partisans chased and killed.

Allied subs and small fleet sent to the bottom.

One good and several bad assaults.

Post #: 104
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/15/2010 11:19:09 PM   
tweber

Turn sent.

In Europe, I blew all the bridges across the Rhine.  There is not a standing bridge in France.  I continue to pour troops into Cherbourg.

In the Pacific, I land in Japan.  The home islands are not strongly defended.  Hope to grab a city or two. 

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 105
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/16/2010 8:49:51 PM   
RufusTFirefly

In 1945 it have been the German who blew the bridges across the Rhine.

Turn China31 sent.

Japan continues its attack on Kunming. Defenders southeast of the city had to retreat and enemy forces managed to reach the outskirts of Kunming.
In the north Chinese forces started an offensive and crossed the Yellow River.

In Russia the Germans launched a succesful attack on Kiev. The city fell to the enemy, Defenders retreated across the river. Further north German forces caused heavy losses of the defenders of Vitebsk. The division securing the western flank had to stand the main attack and was reduced severly. Some light tank battallions got lost as well. Suported by infantry a tank division crossed the Narva and moved on Tallinn. SS guards are defending the city.

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 106
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/16/2010 11:15:09 PM   
cveta

Turn sended

Brrrr, winter time. No beans for my soldiers. They must find a way to keep themselve worm. Schnaps made of rotten aples are produced in the outskrits of Kiev. Recipe was found on one drunken Russian ( so drunk that it take 2 days and lots of beatings to sober him ). Soldiers got so drunk that they didnot advance. Russian counterattack are expected. Artilery and air attack on Smolensk with little sucess. Then land attack ( unfortunatly from only 1 way ) without any sucess. Some antipartisan moves as usualy ( too many partisans Tom, 6-8 per turn, too many ).
In France allied forces are massing and at the moment we cannot counterattack. But our subs may, so we sink some DD and other ships. And then we executed air raid on a single battleship and lost a fighter and divebomber. Tommies win a day again.
In Norway Tommies advancing over the hills. I wonder how is that passible - similar strenght in number of units, and I always lost. Something is missing in thouse Prussian drill. We are too soft . We must make a better training for our recruits.
Then after a long discussion an order of the day was issued.
German garrison in France wes under siege. We attack that a relif attack should be executed on a Tommies unit with 1 med tank and rifle lev 1. Our strenght was 10 rifle 5 SMG, 2 MG all lev 2. Units were pure Prussian stile - higly trained and wery expirienced. And attack went wrong. 1 squad lost his way, MG section take wrong callibar of ammo, and leader was bussy in local whorehouse where he make his HQ. German troops were masacrated and no demage was inflicted on Tommies. Seems to me that France part 2 will be a little diferent tan part 1. We will tray to make a happyend for part 2 also.
And we finaly retake one production city ( somwere near Denmark ). Tommies make our life missrable with taking this one. We finaly retake it but only after we suffered bitter loses in few turns.
And how is so that Italian soldiers lose morale ( like they have one, LOL ). I still have few rifle in Africa so continent is not completly lost.

Post #: 107
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/18/2010 1:15:24 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West.

Winter in China is harsh... to all sides....

Allied offensive in S.E. Asia crushed.

More partisan hung.

Allied invasion of Japan severly mauled. Most of invasion fleet sent to bottom of Pacific.

(in reply to cveta)
Post #: 108
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/18/2010 11:05:14 PM   
tweber

Turn sent on.

In Europe, I dropped the bridges near Amsterdam and Breslau.  I also crossed the Seine and am moving towards Paris.

In Asia, I bridged the Mekong and will continue to move North.  My invasion of Japan was contained but I did take out almost 8000 in supply.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 109
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/20/2010 6:08:18 PM   
cveta

Who has the turn? Su?

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 110
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/21/2010 3:42:06 AM   
tweber

RTF should have it

(in reply to cveta)
Post #: 111
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/21/2010 8:07:49 AM   
cveta

I recived turn yestrday, play it and send it on. Winter and partisans are hard combination to deal with. Didnot du much. Destroyed Kuwait, repair some demaged cities. Destroyed bridges in Europe reduce my movements and cost me some problems in transfering of armies.
In France allied forces got a hard grip and seemd to me that this time I will have a problem to beat them back. But maybe Tsunamy came and solve my problem. Good luck all

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 112
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/21/2010 1:06:59 PM   
RufusTFirefly

Sorry for the delay. Had been ill and unable to play.

Nothing important to reprot from Russia. Tallin is encircled and was attacked from the air, but not yet any attempt made to take the city. The enemy ha ssent paratroopers across the Desna, half way between Kiev and Vitebsk. Russian units are unable to engage due to immobility in hard winter. An artillery duell at Kiev caused some losses at Russian side.

(in reply to cveta)
Post #: 113
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/21/2010 1:20:36 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West.

January 1942.

Not much in China as winter sets in hard. Killed some partisans but not all...

More Allies killed in SE Asia... gotta knock out that bridge.....

Japanese home islands safe again. Another US carrier goes to the bottom.

Post #: 114
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/21/2010 9:41:27 PM   
tweber

Turn done and sent.

In France, army inching forward to Paris.  Wx delaying more than the Germans.  Bombers cut all but 1 bridge around Berlin.  I flew into a Romanian fighter trap in Prague but I was still able to drop the bridges.  Hope to liberate Paris in the next turn or two.

In the Pacific, took Kwajelein and Palau.  Found a large, undefended airbase on Hainan and scooped up the planes with a landing.  I got about a dozen.  Hope to build up anti supply forces in region to cut off the south.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 115
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/22/2010 9:13:18 AM   
RufusTFirefly

Russian forces took Tallinn. Now waiting for German division advancing to recapture the city.

Mannerheim line is steadily gunned down, but still too strong to be attacked.

German paratroopers moved deeper into Russian territory.

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 116
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/22/2010 12:35:09 PM   
cveta

Hmmm. Russian forces took Talinn and are ready to withrow? Why they dont withrow all the way to Moscov. Bad and ugly SS division are coming.
All Russian wich put down their wepons will be accepted in our ranks, land ( according to their ranks ) will be given to them and at least 3 womens per soldiers will be provided. Food and shelter to wounded are secured. This is not a Goebels propaganda. This is a honest offer of Fuhrer to all Russians. Just dont attack us anymore and give us a free passge to Moscov. Once we deal with thouse invaders in France we may live hapily ever after.

Post #: 117
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/22/2010 4:35:09 PM   
RufusTFirefly

Oh, no problem, comrad. Free passage is garantied. Just straight east til Sibiria. There is shelter, labor and sometimes enough food and clothes. Come on and take a ride to Sibiria, soldier!

(in reply to cveta)
Post #: 118
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/23/2010 1:35:38 PM   
cveta

Sibiria - no way. We heard that there is cold and long winters. We will hold our positions near Moscov if you agree.
I was not able to play turn yestrday. I will tray to play it today. Sorry.

Post #: 119
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/23/2010 5:50:30 PM   
Barthheart

Feb. 1942 to West.

Winter is a harsh mistress....

Killed some partisans.

Sank an Allied destroyer with troops on it.

Withdrawl and rebuild elsewhere......

(Played from my work PC)

(in reply to cveta)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: WaW ver. R Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI