Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WaW ver. R

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: WaW ver. R Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/14/2010 8:12:05 AM   
tweber

Turn sent.  This was one I would have liked to re-do.  I split my forces vs both Italy and Tripoli and should have instead focused on one or the other.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 31
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/14/2010 6:42:21 PM   
RufusTFirefly

China turn 15c send. No news from the East. All quiet and peaceful. But who knows whats behind the horizon ...

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 32
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/14/2010 11:39:33 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West.

Nice fall in Japan.....

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to RufusTFirefly)
Post #: 33
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/15/2010 9:04:15 AM   
tweber

Turn sent.  I was able to capture Tripoli and Tirane this turn.  I will now be able to support Yugoslavia from the Sea.  Troops holding out in Northern Norway. 

I am yielding in Italy.  The second battle of Messina is about ready to start.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 34
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/16/2010 9:49:01 AM   
RufusTFirefly

Turn 16c sent.

A Japanese division was spotted, resting in a respectful distance to the Chinese border.

Maybe they are afraid to come closer or they are waiting for sushi supply before marching on.

China is planning to build a wall to keep the Japanese out. A wall, big enough to be seen even from the moon.

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 35
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/16/2010 12:49:34 PM   
cveta

Thurn to Japan

Fuhrer personal diery

As usualy I feal headache. Mussolini menage to lose whole Albania to Yugoslav armies. Yugoslav. Jesus - they were armed with shovels and pitchforks and spagheti soldiers retreated from Tirana. He also lost Tripoly to Tommies. He make me mad. Lucky that my SS trops secure Italy and now we must face Tommies in Sicily.
Our spy from Greece tell us that they Grece will join Allies. Again it is becouse General of Italian troops from Albania had someting with a daughter of patriarch of Greek church. Stupid spagethies soldiers cannot even hold their pants up. ANd now I have to send anather SS corps to Greece. I wonder will I have enought SS forces.
After we secure Sicily we will decide where will we go next.
MY Generals tells me that we should hold our attack on Norway. I agree for once since Eva was waiting and I didnot wont to have a long discussion with them. She relive me of my headache.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 36
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/16/2010 9:42:18 PM   
tweber

Turn sent.  I was able to eliminate the Italian pocket in East Africa.  Ran into un-expected fighter wings in Messina.  Otherwise, a quite turn.

(in reply to cveta)
Post #: 37
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/17/2010 5:56:19 PM   
RufusTFirefly

China turn17c sent.

Still all quiet in the east. Might the Japanese really be a peaceloving nation? Hardly believable.

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 38
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/17/2010 9:00:30 PM   
cveta

Turn send

Personal diery

If Eva could wait just for a while. Last time I didnot wont to listen to my Generals about situation in Norway besouse of her. Now I ordered attack and lots of brave German soldiers died. But thouse 10 minutes with her were unbeliveble.
Mamamia solders keep to suprise me. They fight like kids, buit their sailors are better fighters. Few subs sink convoj near Malta. Lots of Tomies drowned.
SS armies come to Albania to help Italians. Now we march to Greece.
Eva sister give me a nice massage today after Eva left me. I didnot have a headech a whole day after that. She sed that she may stay overnight so I dont have to sleep with my dog. That smelly bastard. She is funny but I must think about idea. She had some great socks. She sed they are from Paris.
I have an idea - 50% of soldiers during winter will weare nylons. The other half wil be warm by the sight.

< Message edited by cveta -- 1/17/2010 9:07:32 PM >

Post #: 39
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/18/2010 6:08:45 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West

Winter! I hate winter....

Australian submarine "detained" off the south coast of Japan.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to cveta)
Post #: 40
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/18/2010 7:16:52 PM   
tweber

Turn sent on.  Amazing how long the Norwegians hang on.  Found and attacked some subs in French ports with mixed results.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 41
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/19/2010 5:49:45 PM   
RufusTFirefly

Turn 18c sent.

No News from China, all the same as ever.

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 42
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/20/2010 7:15:24 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West.

the IJA, tired of the squabbling with the IJN, has launched an offensive asaingst China even though they are unprepared to fight in winter, it's January 1941! (German failure in garrisoning the boarder with Russia has brought Japan, China and Russia into the shooting war.)

Only the USA is at peace now. They have however cut off Japna's oil supplies and there is only about 6 months worth in Japan. The IJN begins planning to fix this problem.....

Post #: 43
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/20/2010 11:00:00 PM   
tweber

Turn sent on.

Landed 3 corps in Antwerp.  Hoping to aleviate the pressure in the East.  Did lots of recon in the West and saw about 150-200 rifles with lots of flak but no mobile units.  Hope to build up a large force before the Germans can respond.  It would also be nice to liberate some Western production sites.

Greeks pulling back for now.  They will wait for the German troops to ship to other theaters before going on the offensive.  Might re-deploy to Sicily.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 44
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/22/2010 2:42:22 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to west.

Very cold Feb. '41. Chinese partisans. Not a good time for Japan.....

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 45
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/22/2010 5:12:35 PM   
tweber

Turn sent.  I landed more troops in Antwerp and was able to advance to Belgian Forts.  I also landed along the 4 hexes near LeHarve and hope to threaten Paris.

In the South, I landed in Northern Greece and cut off about 5 corps near Athens.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 46
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/23/2010 1:44:43 PM   
RufusTFirefly

Turns of Russia and China done and sent.

Partisans ion the Balkan made a sudden attack on Vienna and took the city. They try to establish an Hungarian-Austrian monarchy.

Russian attack on Finland continues.

The Chinese comrads get help from Russia. Russia declared war on Japan.

Chinese units started a counterattack against a Japanese unit approaching from the south. Though being four times larger in number and surrounding the Japanese from three sides, the attack was a complete failure. The Chinese commander was dimissed (and his head cut off as he seemed not to use it anyway when planning any attack, so he got ride of it).

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 47
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/23/2010 8:32:00 PM   
cveta

Turn sended to Japan
Tweber keeps on suprising me. He is fantastic player and he constantly do unexpected things. He start one early Overlord in France. He did some unloading in Greece and cut my suplay line. Partisan take Wiena ( stupid me, left it empty ). His force in Norway still holds but they are down to 3 stuff.
But I holding well on my opinion ( Germany is holding well in 1941 - LOL I should be advancing, not holding well ). Overlord will be dealt with ( same as Italian invasion ), Atena is taken so Greece forces are doomed. And Wiena is liberated from the Partisans
And Bulgaria is still passive. I hate that bug. And I cannot tell you how much I need fleet in Mediteranean see. I cannot protect Italy without them, must keep a lot of forces there.
In Su I did some little advance becouse Su is retreting. I attack Su subs and sink them. Also I attack warships in English channel and suffered hawy losses. Things doesnot look good but we will see how will Overlord develop without USA suport. I belive that France will be filled with Thommies graves.
Good luck all

< Message edited by cveta -- 1/23/2010 8:38:37 PM >

Post #: 48
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/24/2010 12:13:48 AM   
springer

Cveta,

Keep on moving! You are under heavy pressure already, but you can handle it.  The allies have high-level generals that should be working for your OKW.   I think a fair handicap would be to require all allied players to drink two or three shots of vodka (for the USSR) or Gin or Whiskey (for Britain/America) before playing a move (at least until January 1943).  I think that would do a nice job of simulating the learning curve that the allies had to put up with.

I know this isn't exactly an AAR, but could one of you do a screen shot (perhaps with units removed)?  I get a sense of the combat situation, but it's always fun to see  it too. (Again, it's not an AAR, so I more than understand, and I'm not sure kibbitzing is as appropriate in the "opponents wanted area".  If not, just let me know, and I'll lurk.)

I'm particularly curious to see the Pacific since the comments are far more sparse....

Side comments... Partisans in Vienna? Interesting historical variant.

< Message edited by springer -- 1/24/2010 12:15:39 AM >

(in reply to cveta)
Post #: 49
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/24/2010 10:39:32 AM   
RufusTFirefly

Hello Springer,

an AAR would be nice, but it should be some turns behind the current state. Russia has just joined action and there should not yet any screenshots be made.

At the pacific action will become intersting now, but it is too early for any report or screenshots. Japan is advancing slowly and China doing not more than sending more troops to the defence line and wait for the enemy to approach.

(in reply to springer)
Post #: 50
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/25/2010 2:55:17 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West.

Spring! Japanese industries are madly chruning out supplies to replenish after the hard winter.

Small advances in China. Lots of partisans!

Russia declares war! Japan signs peace treaty with Russia. Short war.

@springer
Kibbitzing is always welcome!

Post #: 51
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/25/2010 9:16:56 PM   
tweber

Turn sent to the Soviets.

Continue to build my bridgehead in France and Belgium.  I capture Brussels and Cherbourg.  I also cut the land route to Brest.  I evacuated my troops from Greece.  I will wait until the Germans pull back north and re-invade or I might use them to invade Italy.  My bombers were able to knock out Breslau.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 52
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/26/2010 8:43:49 PM   
RufusTFirefly

Turns of Russia and China done and sent.

Germany seems to be more powerful than expected. Russian units retreating. An attack on the Mannerheim line failed. Russian Baltic fleet was trapped in a net of German submarines. Destroyers and Crusisers sunk. Battleships will drown in next attack.

Japanese units advanced successfully from the south. First Chinese production center in danger to be captured. Increased partisan activity caused confusion on Japanese supply routes.

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 53
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/28/2010 6:17:46 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West.

April 1941.

Japan still under sever rationing of everything! Time is running out.

More partisan troubles in China.

No advances this month.

Post #: 54
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/28/2010 8:06:47 PM   
tweber

Turn sent on.  Landed more troops in France and blew a bridge near Brussels to help with the defense.  Captured Calais so I have the channel coast between Antwerp and Cherbourg.  Brest and La Rochelle are cut off.  I did a landing in Kiel and found 9 subs in port which were destroyed.  My fleet then moved into the Baltic and I landed in Copenhagen unopposed.  I almost have the Norway supply locations cut off from Germany.  My bombers took hit Prague and Essen. 

In the Med, my Greeks and Yugoslavs landed behind the Italian lines in North Africa.  I hope to clean up this pocket in the next few turns.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 55
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/29/2010 1:51:36 PM   
kondor

Fun to read guys, keep it up! I support Mr. Springer suggestion of a few SS... It would be fun to read few more good AAR...
Back to this game- East front is still quiet? It's about time for Germany to use those V2 rockets!
Goooo mr. Cveta!

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 56
RE: WaW ver. R - 1/29/2010 5:06:31 PM   
RufusTFirefly

Turn 22 finished and sent.

Russian theatre:
In the north the German attacked successfuly. Riga was taken. Special forces moved close to Pskov, while another spearhead marches on Vitebsk. Kiev prepares for the attack. In the south the enemy remains at his fortifications on the border and does not move.
The Baltic fleet was sunk by German subs. German Kriegmarine moved to Vyborg and supports the Fins to defend the Mannerheim line. Russian artillery was not yet able to ddamage the fortifications severly. Red Army air force joined the battle. Fin fighters went down, bombs successfully dropped on bunker lines at Vyborg.

The war in China:
A fearless advance of a Chinese infanty corps cut of a Japanese infantry corps and a marine corps at Kumming. Flying Tigers did attacks at low altitude causing some losses for the Japs at Kumming. Partisans managed to blow bridges near Shanghei and disturbed supply lines. 9th Japanese infantry is cut off from HQ and supply.

(in reply to kondor)
Post #: 57
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/1/2010 5:23:08 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West.

Japanese fleet at sail!

More partisans rounded up and shot.

New forces prepare to land in China.....

Post #: 58
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/1/2010 8:06:50 PM   
tweber

Turn done and sent.  I blew the bridges around Hamburg to secure my hold on Denmark.  That, coupled with a raid on Munich ended up costing some Level bombers.  Sent a lot of subs in the Med.  I should have good control of the sea around North Africa.  Hoping to hold on in France until I can pour in American reinforcements.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 59
RE: WaW ver. R - 2/3/2010 5:46:52 PM   
Barthheart

Turn to West.

June 6, 1941

In a surprise daylight raid IJN forces have bombed Pearl Harbour from both the air and the sea. The US Pacifc fleet lies at the bottom of the sound.

Also Japanese marines have capture Manila and Dutch oil fields in the NEI.

More Chinese partisans put to death and new IJA men and equipment land in China for the summer offensive.

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: WaW ver. R Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI