Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager will be launching on SteamCome and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AE and AKE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> AE and AKE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AE and AKE - 1/3/2010 9:20:14 AM   
Chris H

Not had need to do this yet but how do you get AKE to supply an AE?
Post #: 1
RE: AE and AKE - 1/3/2010 10:00:49 AM   
Smeulders

Unload it's supplies in port and then load the AE ?

AKE isn't a supply ship for AE, in fact it is exactly the same as an AE, the only difference is that late in the war, AE can replenish ships while underway, while AKE will only ever be able to resupply ships in a friendly port.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 2
RE: AE and AKE - 1/3/2010 11:40:22 AM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

Unload it's supplies in port and then load the AE ?

AKE isn't a supply ship for AE, in fact it is exactly the same as an AE, the only difference is that late in the war, AE can replenish ships while underway, while AKE will only ever be able to resupply ships in a friendly port.

True but it's not all what the manual implies about the AKE.

'A ship specifically adapted to carry ammunition but not to perform underway rearming. Can rearm other ships when in both ships are anchored at the same location. Can also transfer cargo to Ammunition Ships (AE).'

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 3
RE: AE and AKE - 1/3/2010 12:27:09 PM   
Smeulders

I seem to have completely missed that in the manual (or more likely I've forgotten it already), I don't know how to do that.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 4
RE: AE and AKE - 1/3/2010 12:47:52 PM   
Mistmatz

English is not my mother tongue but it seems to me that the last sentence refers to the second (because it says 'also') which requires anchorage at the same location.

On the other hand it could also be an oversight in the manual as I dont think its intended to move supplies from AKE to AE without a proper harbour.

If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_the_Pacific:_Admiral%27s_Edition_Wiki

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 5
RE: AE and AKE - 1/3/2010 2:23:54 PM   
Don Bowen

This feature will work when the AE is in a Replenishment TF or a Support TF. It will not work if the AE is in any other type of TF.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 6
RE: AE and AKE - 1/3/2010 3:15:18 PM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

This feature will work when the AE is in a Replenishment TF or a Support TF. It will not work if the AE is in any other type of TF.

What does the AKE have to be in? I would assume standard cargo or does that have to be in a support TF?

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 7
RE: AE and AKE - 1/3/2010 3:20:54 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

What does the AKE have to be in? I would assume standard cargo or does that have to be in a support TF?

It doesn't matter.

I'd recommend that the AKEs be loaded in some rear area port, then move to a forward port and disbanded. TFs could then come to that port and rearm using Rearm From Port. The presence of the AKE would allow rearming in excess of the abilities of the port, as well as transfer of "ammo" to AEs.

Exact same thing for Tankers (and oilers).

This was the intent and what was done historically - ships carrying ammo and fuel but not capable of underway replenishment were positioned at advance bases so TFs could replenish there. The first reference to this that I have seen was in 1940 when Adelaide refueled from tanker Norden prior to arriving at New Caledonia to overawe the Vichy gunboats there.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> AE and AKE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI