Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beta 1.12 Bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Beta 1.12 Bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beta 1.12 Bug - 12/29/2009 3:10:28 AM   
The Gray Mouser

Hi, would like to report what appears to be a bug w the beta:

It appears to be only an issue w cavalry units but might effect others as well.
Basically, noticed quite a few units that dont move at all when reduced to zero moral, they stay in the same formation they had and just dont move. It generally takes a few turns to literally blast them away with firepower ...

Also likly related:
I had a cavalry unit on my side rout, it routed into another cavalry units hex(my own side)...now have both units in one hex, next turn when i activated that leader, the unit that had routed, still at 0 moral, was in line formation, meanwile, the unit that was "ok" (ie had not lost any moral prior turn) showed 100 moral but was in column formation. I was able to undisrupt the unit w 0 moral and actually charge with this unit!!
(it seems in the progarm gets confused in a multi stack situation?)
I can email the saved file if anyone can take a look

Post #: 1
RE: Beta 1.12 Bug - 12/29/2009 1:24:17 PM   
Sarge

Check their “disruption“ level .........

(in reply to The Gray Mouser)
Post #: 2
RE: Beta 1.12 Bug - 12/29/2009 1:39:10 PM   
Tim Coakley

Gray Mouser,
please send me the saved game file at:

timc at matrixgames dot com

Thanks,
Tim

Post #: 3
RE: Beta 1.12 Bug - 12/30/2009 2:36:35 AM   
The Gray Mouser

No that wasnt the issue, minor disruption but 0 moral...

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 4
RE: Beta 1.12 Bug - 12/30/2009 2:44:13 AM   
The Gray Mouser

Sorry for the delay in getting the saved file to you, just got back from the salt mines. (I attached the file straight up and also zipped )

I dont know how much "recap" you can pull off of a saved file but the unit in question is a Prussian cavalry unit up on the North (top) of the map, 1/CR12 I believe. You will see that this unit is happily charging an artillery unit despite having 0 moral. I am almost positive that this same unit was routed in the prior turn and routed into the same hex as 2/CR12. When the next turn and activation took place, the engine let me select the unit w zero moral and charge the artillery unit... I did not rally any units... At this point saved and closed the game.

Hope this helps and thank you for taking the time to check out the issue!
Cheers

(in reply to Tim Coakley)
Post #: 5
RE: Beta 1.12 Bug - 1/8/2010 4:32:27 PM   
jackx

0-morale units behaved oddly prior to the patch already, tbh. Mostly, they wouldn't automatically fall back/rout when they were supposed to, but I've also seen 0-morale infantry launch an assault (and due to being high quality, actually losing no morale in the process :x)...

Disengaging also seems to not work reliably, sometimes I can, sometimes I cannot disengage. While this is actually quite reasonable from a historical POV (as a unit hotly engaged with the enemy would be extremely hard to control, probably unaware of what was going on elsewhere, and maybe not even aware how badly it was suffering at the hands of the enemy), the sheer randomness of it can sometimes be frustrating from a gameplay POV.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with the beta patch so far. Not sure if I'm just imagining this, but the AI seems a tad smarter, too, it now skips the firing phase when doing so would put it at a disadvantage (i.e. it'd take multiple defensive fires in return),  instead using assault only, or not engaging at all but merely blocking with ZoC.

no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Beta 1.12 Bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI