Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie Question on Night actions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Newbie Question on Night actions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie Question on Night actions - 12/28/2009 3:26:42 AM   
seaforth7

I'm playing Japanese in the Guadalcanal scenario and I'm trying to run a fast transport TF from Shortlands to Guadalcanal but during the night, ends up still being there the next day, not a good thing with overwhelming Allied forces in the area. Can't seem to see what I have to do differently based on the manual, can someone explain how to get a TF to sneak in at night, unload and retire before the day? or is there no way to do that?

Enjoying the game a lot, thanks to those who replied to my question on game complexity prior to buying it, there is a lot ot learn but lots of fun,

cheers

Post #: 1
RE: Newbie Question on Night actions - 12/28/2009 3:52:00 AM   
DivePac88

Do what the Japanese did historically; that is to loiter for a day just outside Allied strike range, an make a full-speed run on the next turn. Thats what I do in the DEI as the Allies, and it works, just ask Ramjet or Shark7 what the results are

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to seaforth7)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie Question on Night actions - 12/28/2009 5:26:09 AM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Do what the Japanese did historically; that is to loiter for a day just outside Allied strike range, an make a full-speed run on the next turn. Thats what I do in the DEI as the Allies, and it works, just ask Ramjet or Shark7 what the results are

Carrier battles are won by the side with the best looking search arcs. DP.

DP -

This is most informative. I will take it to heart.

Quote: Carrier battles are won by the side with the best looking search arcs. DP.

I would have to agree

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbie Question on Night actions - 12/28/2009 12:55:02 PM   
DRF99

This is how I did it:

Day 1
- Create task force of DD or E at Shortlands. Speed must be above 30, range per pulse should be 9 at full speed.
- Load supplies but do not set a destination.

Day 2
- Set destination of Tassafaronga, speed full, direct movement, retirement allowed (I think that Lunga is 1 hex too far to make it)

During day 2 the TF should sail from Shortlands to Tassafaronga, drop off supplies, and be out of range by the daytime pulse.

Cheers,

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Newbie Question on Night actions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI