Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Arakan II roads for Launcher/map switcher

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Arakan II roads for Launcher/map switcher Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arakan II roads for Launcher/map switcher - 12/21/2009 12:21:43 AM   
dwbradley

As a followup to this thread on the main forum:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2322562

I’ve added a preliminary Chittigong-Cox’s Bazaar-Abyab Arakan II road change to the control file (pwhexe_switch.ini). After some consideration, I decided it was more correct to downgrade the road a bit from the stock values until the upgrade for/during Arakan II kicks in. This is much the same thing as what I have done for the Tiddum Road. The effect is split across three sections with the upgrades occurring at 6 month intervals starting in November 1943. In addition, I’ve added a further upgrade to the road section coming out of Chittigong starting in November 1944.

Until the road is upgraded you should find it quite difficult to conduct and supply operations in this area and of course it will be even more difficult during the monsoon.

I’ve attached the upgraded file as a zip. If you care to try it out you can download it, unzip it and place it in the Launcher folder, overwriting the existing file (backed up first, please). Then you could build maps for various dates and observe the changes. Note that this provisional change does not provide any artwork changes so you will only see the changes by using the r key. Artwork is a to do.

I will put this on the list of items to be included in the next release of the Launcher, which I haven’t scheduled yet. I sorta want to let the feedback accumulate and then release (sooner for serious bugs or later for minor bugs) and certainly whenever matrix releases a patch that changes the baseline map.

Dave Bradley

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Arakan II roads for Launcher/map switcher - 12/21/2009 2:11:33 PM   
moonraker

Dave - Great work. Will give it a try once you bring out the next version.

(in reply to dwbradley)
Post #: 2
RE: Arakan II roads for Launcher/map switcher - 12/23/2009 12:19:34 PM   
razanon

i cant use that program, says AE pATH not found, but i installed all inside witpae folder.

(in reply to moonraker)
Post #: 3
RE: Arakan II roads for Launcher/map switcher - 12/23/2009 2:48:40 PM   
dwbradley

quote:

ORIGINAL: razanon

i cant use that program, says AE pATH not found, but i installed all inside witpae folder.

Yes, you would get that message if you installed it there. The Launcher folder needs to be one level up in the "Matrix Games" folder or whatever you have renamed that folder to (if you created a copy of the Matrix Games folder to install into, just for safety's sake). I'm sorry you had this difficulty. Let me know if this doesn't clear it up for you.

Dave Bradley

(in reply to razanon)
Post #: 4
RE: Arakan II roads for Launcher/map switcher - 12/24/2009 7:58:22 AM   
razanon

hi friend, still have the problem, i have the game installed in

C:\JUEGOS\WITPAE

so i installed launcher inside C:\JUEGOS

but same problem :S

thx in advance

(in reply to dwbradley)
Post #: 5
RE: Arakan II roads for Launcher/map switcher - 12/24/2009 2:59:14 PM   
dwbradley

quote:

ORIGINAL: razanon

hi friend, still have the problem, i have the game installed in

C:\JUEGOS\WITPAE

so i installed launcher inside C:\JUEGOS

but same problem :S

thx in advance

I am thinking that you perhaps have shortened the folder name containing AE from "War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition" to WITPAE. That would cause the result you are reporting. Shortening the folder name could make a lot of things easier but my program is fairly simple-minded and expects the stock folder. It checks to see that it is there as one of the first things the program does. Being inside C:\JUEGOS should be fine. If you have renamed the folder then try renaming back to the original and see what happens. If this isn't true or it does't help then we'll try some more.

Again, sorry for any difficulties and I will work with you to get it going. Good luck.

Dave Bradley

(in reply to razanon)
Post #: 6
RE: Arakan II roads for Launcher/map switcher - 12/25/2009 8:44:03 PM   
razanon

it works friend. superb work!!!

(in reply to dwbradley)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Arakan II roads for Launcher/map switcher Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI