We have a new Beta Patch v1.02 for Members to try. It is available in the Members Club, and, if all goes well, we will make it official next week. You will need to register your game, if you have not already. Then click on Registered Downloads on the right-hand side of the screen. Please try it over the weekend and give us your feedback.
v1.02 – Dec. 9, 2009
- Created new drawing method for target and aircraft highlights, now a bazillion times faster.
- Stopped Random Seed from being the same every time the game is executed
- Added tag to prevent at-start pilots from being overwritten if they are killed with no kills to their name
- Set raids hidden by Jammers to random estimated altitude, rather than 0
- Reworked the Critical Hit system to lower the CH chance and damamge for smaller calibre weapons, but increase damage for larger calibre weapons.
- Lowered the chance of mis-claims in the raid report
- Changed production needs display to count only sites with less than 50% damage, and estimated output for those with some damage
- Lowered crash chance for damaged level bombers
- Added morale and Fatigue checks to AI interceptions. Units with low readiness, low morale or high fatigue may refuse to fly.
- Increased maintenance times based on time in air.
- Factories on delay now do not produce
- Campaign Summary, Weapons Database and Continuous Play (AI v AI games only buttons being difficult to click)
- Fixed Time over Target display not updating correctly.
- Fixed issue with Ta152c and Fw190A8 factory upgrades being free in some situations
- Lowered "Extra Recon" message to level 3
- Fixed issue that stopped some interceptors from climbing, causing mass casualties at night
- Fixed issue where some following flights did not register passing a waypoint, causing turnbacks
v1.01 – Oct. 19, 2009
- Added Dual/Quad Global Core Performance Options
- Waiting Cursor in new games fixed.
- Added a set mouse-cursor function after editing game comments. This should correct the issue of losing the cursor when hitting enter.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some ground forces from being created.
- Fixed the non-responsive buttons in playback.
- Fixed Raids hanging in late game.
- Added production stockpile to the "Production Requirements" screen.
- Added code to top the "review mission" scrollbar in react phase, or focus on mission if one is selected.
- Stopped not-yet-in-production airframes from affecting the requirements. This only applies to post-dated factories, not to production lines changing over.
- Increased research requirements - now operates on a scale from 100 per month if the Aircraft is close to production up to over 800 for very late models in the early game. Basically, the reward for effort is greator the closer you are to production.
- Stopped the "top Pilots" list from being insanely large - limited to 500.
- Stopped AI from upgrading FACs on human control.
- Changed the way the AI finds new Aircraft to upgrade to - it now does NOT skip a generation if there are sufficient Aircraft, it does skip a generation if the first order upgrade is either used once that turn, or has insufficient aircraft. It then tries all Aircraft in the upgrade path, not just the first and second order upgrades. This is to stop the AI from stockpiling late Aircraft while some units were still flying at-start Aircraft.
- Completely rebuilt AI production system. The AI is now more attentive to what's in use, what's in stock and what's in deficit. The AI will now ensure that production in old types continues till there's enough spares to support the existing units, though it does convert a limited number of Facs to get the critical mass. It also makes smart decisions on Parts and Engines, to ensure that there are stocks, and appropriate amounts being built. It will take production away from anything with a huge pool to something that is lacking. It is no longer constrained by brand (not that it really ever was).Finally, it will convert excess production in type to research, AND will convert unneeded production (Like Macchi FACS not in use after the Italian Surrender) to other more needed types.
- Reversed the font load order to ensure the default font was the "normal" weight. You'd see the light font after an alt-tab redraw.
- Fixed a bug preventing flight/intercept lines from showing up.
- Fixed the tops and roundels when swapping between BOB and BTR.
- Fixed a hanging scrollbar in reaction phase - review raids.
- Added buttons to choose your scroll speed .
- Added buttons to choose your max game time per RL second. This is the MAX, not a constant speed setting.
- Added code to re-draw after alt-tab.
- Fixed sorting top pilots by mission.
- Fixed side images of RAF Aircraft.
<edit - harley> fixed the new highlight description
< Message edited by harley -- 12/12/2009 12:25:08 AM >