I have some problems with the tactical game: my mass of ships fights his mass of ships, until someone wins. Not very exciting (though mercifully quick), nor is there any tactical depth.
Therefore, I have a mini-mod here designed to significantly change the tactical game. Let me know what you think, or if anything important was missed.
The following changes are made:
1) All armed warships, and planet defense, with 2 exceptions, are 5x cost and upkeep. Build times are x2.
* This will reduce the number of ships fighting on the tactical map, and help avoid the 'ship cluster'.
* Scouts and survey ships have been increased as well.
* I am curious how the AI will handle this, since this also pulls the emphasis towards needing ground troops or specialty planet-attack ships for effective invasions.
2) Transport ships and arks have not received this increase.
* This is because I don't want to throw off the invasion mechanic.
3) Ships types now have variable top speeds, acceleration and turning speeding. This variation is quite significant; with only a few exceptions all ships previously defaulted to 1200 top speed, 300 accel and 180 turn. Now, it ranges from fighters III with a 1500, 600, 240 all the way down to much lower numbers for large heavier ships.
* Note that turning appears to be semi broken, as user clicks can cause even the slowest ships to turn 180 degree instantly, sometimes.
* Note that