Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retail box confusion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Retail box confusion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retail box confusion - 12/9/2009 12:32:04 PM   
Rosmarus

I ordered this game a bit more than a week ago and retailbox arrived yesterday. I'm a bit confused about the inside's of the retail box. Mine only has CD, no manual or anything else. Is there supposed to be anything else, if not I'm perfectly happy with the way it is but it feels a bit empty at the moment =D.

E: I was apparently suffering from blindness. I just noticed that product info in EDTBTR's page says clearly that manual is in pdf. format. Sorry for bothering, nothing to see here anymore

< Message edited by Rosmarus -- 12/9/2009 1:06:37 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Retail box confusion - 12/9/2009 1:05:48 PM   
Hard Sarge

Welcome

Welcome to the Matrix Games Online Store. We are always working to bring you the best purchasing and shipping experience we can. We offer many different methods for you to use for payment and delivery of our products. Matrix Games values every one of our customers and we work hard at making sure you are happy. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us through our Help Desk.
How to Get Our Games

What is a Digital Download?
Our Digital Download service sends you a download link to the master game file once your order is complete. You can use this link to download the game directly to your computer over the internet and start playing right away. The download is available to you for thirty days after your order. No shipping is involved and the game is immediately available for you once the order is complete.

What is a Physical Shipment?
If all you want is a copy of the game without any digital download, select this choice. If you select "Physical Shipment" you will be billed to have the game shipped to you. Our Physical Shipment provides you with a printed CD with your serial number enclosed in a printed DVD case.

The Best of Both Worlds Digital Downloads and Physical Shipment!
When you select this option you can use our digital download option to get the game right away and start playing. Then have a boxed copy of the game shipped to you as a backup for permanent storage. With a backup, you'll be prepared for whatever comes your way-whether it's a system crash, a computer virus damaging your files or the software simply no longer functioning as it should. You will be billed to have the game shipped in a printed DVD box with a printed CD and your serial number.
Our Physical Editions and Printed Manuals...

We give each game an "edition" logo to tell you what the physical boxed copy will contain. Once you know these definitions, you can know at a glance whether a game comes with a PDF or printed manual in the boxed copy.
Digital Express Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed CD (with your order number and serial number printed on it) and a PDF E-Book indexed manual.
Standard Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed CD (with your order number and serial number printed on it), a Printed grayscale manual and a PDF E-Book indexed manual.
Collector's Edition: This edition comes with a full color printed box, full color printed CD (with your order number and serial number printed on it), a Printed full color manual and a PDF E-Book indexed manual.
You can see more details regarding the size of the manual for each game by clicking on "More Info" next to that game's entry in our catalog and reading through the description and the game and system requirements.

(in reply to Rosmarus)
Post #: 2
RE: Retail box confusion - 12/9/2009 1:07:29 PM   
Hard Sarge

okay, see you seen that part

that is the way things are now a days

for what it is worth, I not a big fan of PDF manuals either

< Message edited by Hard Sarge -- 12/9/2009 6:17:39 PM >

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 3
RE: Retail box confusion - 12/9/2009 3:46:46 PM   
MajorDude

There are numerous helpful players on the forums who do provide different types of info using spreadsheets, etc.

What would be really nice would be to have a Compendium of those various documents stickied on the forum website for easy access and printout. I know some are buried in the forum pages and some are in Scenarios and Modding, but some players will not go to Scenarios and Modding looking for Manuals, so something like Player Made Game Manuals or Player Made Game Aids and Documents would better direct players looking for help, and be a better repository for these really good and helpful documents. Heck, they could even have sub-menus to separate the different types within.

The easiest format would obviously be .pdf, but not everybody has a full copy of acrobat. An open source doc might work well too. The main problem would be the formatting that could be lost, messed up, or inexistent when switching between file formats - e.g. .doc 07 versus .doc 03, .doc 03 opened with worpad or notepad, etc.

I, for example, would love to see a colour manual with 1, 2, or more planes per sheet with the picture of the aircraft and it stats. The stats could also indicate how the planes can progress over time and with add-ons, etc. While the pages in the game are helpful, nothing is better than being able to see it all on paper. For those acquainted with the TW series, I am kind of referring to something like the FAUST http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=143664 (mediafire).

However, I do not possess all the skills necessary to do this, so I have to bow to those who do and could maybe do these wonderful documents, or at least make sure they get stickied with the name Game Aids or Manuals, or something similar.

Thanks again to all those who help in these areas!

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 4
RE: Retail box confusion - 12/9/2009 6:39:55 PM   
TechSgt

I'm in agreement with MajorDude.

If there was a Read Only sticky section where the manual was placed then we could reference neebie questions to that particuar section.

When a member posts a good tutorial or explanation, then an administrator could move/copy that post to a sub-menu in the ruleboook section, also.

If an upgrade was published, with rule changes, then the latest-greatest copy of the manual would be posted in this section.

TS

(in reply to MajorDude)
Post #: 5
RE: Retail box confusion - 12/10/2009 12:39:32 AM   
bairdlander

I have posted a few questions and got no response.What they need is a wiki for this game,listing tips,data on planes,targets etc.

(in reply to TechSgt)
Post #: 6
RE: Retail box confusion - 12/10/2009 1:00:59 AM   
TechSgt

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

I have posted a few questions and got no response.

Be patient. When the BOB Axis players get a chance they'll answer or direct you to a thread where the Axis Offensive strategies & tactics were being discussed. Swifty & Kevin have a good AAR going, check out that section.

What they need is a wiki for this game,listing tips,data on planes,targets etc.

What I see as a Wiki problem is, who is going to write the correct article? This simulation is filled with many correct methods, and what might work in Oct '43, might not work in Oct '44. Heck, what worked today, may not work tomorrow. There is alot of variables going on.

I guess this makes me an offensive Ally

TS

(in reply to bairdlander)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Retail box confusion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI