Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Saved Game Editor Request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Saved Game Editor Request Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Saved Game Editor Request - 12/4/2009 7:53:27 PM   
Tom_Holsinger

Saved Game Editor

My personal most-desired new feature for Armada 2526 is a saved game editor similar to the Map Creator. Here is my list of minimum requirements for a saved game editor, in descending order of priority:

First, I want to be able to see a star system map of the galaxy, have the name of each star or planet appear by hovering the cursor over it, and be able to make the Star modification menu pop up when clicking on any star system. I’d also like to have a list of star/planet names, with the ability to sort it by alphabetical order, or by name of the controlling empire, available separately (say in the lower left hand corner of the screen), and be able to make the Star modification menu pop up when clicking on any star/planet name in the list.

Second, I want to be able to edit star systems, i.e., what type of star is present (normal or neutron), whether it has a planet or just an asteroid field, if it is a planet whether it also has an asteroid field and Oort Cloud, the planet’s mineral wealth, and the planet’s environment (irradiated, airless, barren, iceball, etc.). Note that this does not mean editing colonies, i.e., what population is present, Structures, etc.

Third, I’d like to be able to edit the total treasuries of the various empires.

Next I’d like to be able to edit what technology is known to each empire.

Fifth, I’d like to be able to edit colonies, but how much is open to question. I’d start with what population is present (#’s and races), their attitudes (happiness & the government’s popularity with them, etc.), & which empire controls a planet

Sixth, I’d like a one-click ability to add a player-definable set of Structures to each colony, with the default Structures being those which all empires start their first turn with (with the pre-defined default being one each of the basic Industrial, Shipyard & Research Structures) so as be certain that there is at least one industrial Structure on a colony.

Finally I’d like an ability to create a player-definable fleet of ships for each race (with each fleet differing only in the special racial variants of a given ship class) which can be made present at a given colony. The default fleet would be the ones the game starts with (three corvettes, three arks, and five transports). And I’d like to be able to add such a stock fleet of ships to any star system with a minimum number of clicks, say one to popup the Create Fleet Here menu, one click to decide which racial variants compose those ships, one to determine which empire controls that fleet, and a final click to Create Fleet.

This is what I regard as the minimum features necessary for modding of the first turn of a new randomly created game.

Beyond that my priorities, in order are:

Being able to add or remove Structures from any colony, plus units of its local defenses (troops, missile bases, orbitals, etc.).

Being able to add or remove ships from any colony, and determine which empire controls each individual ship.

Being able to delete (not create) any fleet not located at a star system.

IMO it would be asking too much for features such as creating fleets in space (as opposed to in orbit at a star system) or determining what is loaded on transports.

I really want a saved game editor optimized for editing the first turn of newly created random scenario games. Anything beyond that would be nice, but I’d rather Bob spent his limited time on other game enhancements.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Saved Game Editor Request Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI