Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v1.094beta & v1.084 Continuous Play - Reports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> v1.094beta & v1.084 Continuous Play - Reports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v1.094beta & v1.084 Continuous Play - Reports - 12/3/2009 3:32:34 AM   
dr. smith

Downloaded the 1.094 public beta and thought it would be great to do an AI vs. AI game and write up a short AAR on it. I started Scenario 1 with Computer vs. Computer and 3 day turns. I was hoping I'd only have to advanced the turns every 3 days but it was more frequent.

Finally searching, found the manual mention of it (p. 26), found the Continuous Play option, so switched from 3 day to Continuous Play on the 18 December turn. Solved my problem, let it run until April '42, then started going through the reports to see how the AI vs AI turned out.

After 18 December, every Combat Report echoed the December 18th report!! All the way to April '42. I had stopped, and saved twice during the course of the run. After every save, every echoed Combat Report had the same time stamp as when I reloaded. Deleted the all the reports and started over with Computer vs. Computer, Continuous Play - this time all the Combat Reports were blank. Also, after hitting F9 to halt Continuous Play, it would halt at beginning of next day, but no buttons for access to ANY report appeared on the top menu bar - no Sigint, Ops, Combat.

Reinstalled WitP AE, thought to determine if Continuous Play was OK before the 1.094 beta patch. So I reinstalled WitP and the 1.084 patch plus hotfix. Set it to Continuous Play, Computer vs. Computer. Looked at the SAVE directory, no combat reports were being generated. So I hit F9 to interrupt, got message saying "Will stop at end of this turn". Cycled over to next day, no stop. Aborted. Retried it with Head to Head, and Allied AI. Same, same.

I've tried Computer vs. Computer, Head to Head, Allied Computer; if Continuous Play is chosen, no Combat Reports. No access to reports.

Had a save of the first instance, but thought the switch from 3 day to Continuous made it flawed. All my other tests are easy to re-create, just try Continuous Play from any variety of setups.

The manual seems to state I should have not had any adverse affects:
quote:

2.5.8.1 CONTINUOUS PLAY
If the Continuous Play option is selected for the Turn Cycle, at game start the players (human and AI) issue orders during their Orders Phases. The system then executes all orders simultaneously during the Day and Night Resolution phases. The game will continue to progress without stopping until a player interrupts the game (by pressing F9). When interrupted, the system finishes the current day’s Day Resolution Phase and then starts the Orders Phases. This mode allows the player to quickly resolve a period of many days when nothing important is happening (particularly convenient during a campaign game).

Maybe I missed something earlier about this, but I would think Continuous Play would have been used alot in testing

< Message edited by dr. smith -- 12/3/2009 3:34:51 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: v1.094beta & v1.084 Continuous Play - Reports - 12/3/2009 5:21:00 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr. smith
I would think Continuous Play would have been used alot in testing

It has been and it is used a lot in testing!

AE Project Lead

(in reply to dr. smith)
Post #: 2
RE: v1.094beta & v1.084 Continuous Play - Reports - 12/3/2009 7:44:35 AM   
michaelm

Check that the option "Combat Reports" is ON.

If that is OFF, then the combat, operation and signal reports don't get build/updated.
And buttons for these reports does not show on map

< Message edited by michaelm -- 12/3/2009 7:45:26 AM >

Michael

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 3
RE: v1.094beta & v1.084 Continuous Play - Reports - 12/4/2009 12:38:26 AM   
dr. smith

that's probably it, thanks.

stupid and simple problems are the best, since they're easily solved.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> v1.094beta & v1.084 Continuous Play - Reports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI