Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

not enough memory to save

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Tech Support >> not enough memory to save Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
not enough memory to save - 11/26/2009 9:12:40 PM   
Ande

So I bought the game and thought to give myself a baptism of fire: I started a custom game and noticed that I could make the game almost limitless big. Sweet, I thought and yanked up the factioncount to 50 and set the galaxy to humogus with stars put to dense. I was convinced the game would be sluggish bordering unplayable but to my surprise everything went very smooth, even turns skipped by at 5-10 seconds, very impressive indeed.

And then, at around turn 30, when the game tries to autosave, the game claims to be out of memory and wont save the game properly. I tried to manually save but it didnt work either.

I hope this has a simple fix or atleast that there are enough will to correct this. It seams silly being able to play arbitrarly sized games perfectly fine but not being able to save them.

Post #: 1
RE: not enough memory to save - 11/27/2009 9:02:09 PM   
Erik Rutins

The basic philosophy is that the game can get as large as your hardware can support, but I agree it seems that if there's some way to check for that before you get to the save point, it would be a lot better. Bob will have to respond on the technical details as far as what is possible.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Ande)
Post #: 2
RE: not enough memory to save - 11/28/2009 7:41:12 AM   
Ntronium

I'm aware of this problem, but unfortunately there is no simple fix.
Ultimately it is going to come down to the number of star systems in the game, so use smaller less dense maps

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: not enough memory to save - 12/2/2009 11:55:29 PM   
PDiFolco

Could you at least give some idea of the max map size according to RAM - What's the "safe" max size with 1,2,4,8 gigs ?

(in reply to Ntronium)
Post #: 4
RE: not enough memory to save - 12/3/2009 2:19:59 AM   
sage

Why is it RAM limited at all? Why isn't it just using the pagefile?

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 5
RE: not enough memory to save - 12/3/2009 5:36:04 PM   
Erik Rutins

I'm not sure we know the exact limits yet or whether it's just based on one variable. I know that Bob is investigating it though so hopefully we'll have more information soon.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sage)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Tech Support >> not enough memory to save Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI