Gamestop shipping Armada already!

Armada 2526 continues the great tradition of space opera games. You guide your race from its first interstellar journeys, until it becomes a mighty galactic empire. Along the way, you'll explore the galaxy, conduct research, diplomacy and trade, found new colonies, maneuver mighty star fleets, and fight epic battles.

Moderator: MOD_Armada2526

Princessjj1

Gamestop shipping Armada already!

Post by Princessjj1 »

Gamestop's webpage for Armada shows that they have it online in stock for shipping, but no copies in stores. Nice option with overnight shipping--I'll be playing Armada tommorrow!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=76338
Distant Worlds:Universe--FIX IT OR GIVE US REFUNDS.
LarryP

RE: Gamestop shipping Armada already!

Post by LarryP »

Then why don't we have it here now?

Gamestop says "Usually ships in 24 hours." That's not a definite. [;)]
Wade1000

Post by Wade1000 »

That means that Gamestop says that they can receive it within 24 hours ONCE the game is released. Gamestop wants to give the impression they'll receive it soon so that people will pre-order it from them.
Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: Wade1000

That means that Gamestop says that they can receive it within 24 hours ONCE the game is released. Gamestop wants to give the impression they'll receive it soon so that people will pre-order it from them.

Tricksters!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

The release of Armada 2526 is scheduled for the 24th. This is supposed to be a synchronized retail and online release, but we unfortunately cannot control GameStop if they start selling them early. It sounds like they are not actually shipping though, but as you said just trying to convince folks to pre-order.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Princessjj1

Post by Princessjj1 »

No, that's not a pre-order page.

They had a pre-order page up on Tuesday. Yesterday it switched to the page you see now.

That's what they put up when they actually have product to ship.
Distant Worlds:Universe--FIX IT OR GIVE US REFUNDS.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Could be, ultimately that's under their control rather than ours. I can't confirm whether or not they have stock today, I can only say that they should be getting it around this time, but the planned release date for both retail and online is November 24th. That's when our release will be going live.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

Yeah, the PC front-page has it on the "Now Shipping" list Erik. Looks like they broke street-date. This happens quite often, unfortunately. Now, who knows if they actually have anything physical to ship.

SoM
"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Well, there'll be some disappointed people then. Release on Tuesday, eh? Good to know.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RedArgo

Post by RedArgo »

Since GameStop has apparently jumped the gun, Matrix should just go ahead and release it now! [:)]
scotten_usa

Post by scotten_usa »

GS is a bunch of idiots.  Them saying they have it and you actually receiving are two different things.  Especially when their retail lookup can't find a copy within 100 miles of any zip I enter.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Who's the bigger "idiot"? The successful company or the people who keep buying from them?

Anyway, enough about GameStop. That's literally not getting us Armada 2526.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

ORIGINAL: ScottenChi

GS is a bunch of idiots.  Them saying they have it and you actually receiving are two different things.  Especially when their retail lookup can't find a copy within 100 miles of any zip I enter.

I used to work for an EBGames. Usually, the "now shipping" page goes up a day before stores get them in stock. So it is quite possible that they will be shipping these out to buyers tonight (some people did pre-order from there and will be able to tell us). So naturally, they utility on the site isn't reporting any in-store, as they should arrive tomorrow (usually this sort of release is done on a Wednesday and you get in-stores on Thursday, however).

I have to semi-agree about an early Matrix release, for the principle of competitive market. If you REALLY can get this from GS, if Matrix has no compelling reason, why not compete? I know I would buy it from Matrix over GS, but some people won't wait.

Breaking street date has become a real problem recently - ask the makers of Borderlands and Stardock with Demigod (which they did release semi-early in response). In my opinion this needs to be ended!

SoM

EisenHammer

Post by EisenHammer »

I agree... just go ahead and release it now, why wait.
The sooner I get the game the better.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

If we receive confirmation that it is in retail GameStop stores, we will see what we can do. Right now, we don't have any such confirmation. The main reason for the synchronized release was to avoid a situation where our online store had it available before retail. That would really bother them, so we don't want to step on toes here, but if they are actually selling it in retail stores, then that would no longer be an issue.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
AminMaalouf

Post by AminMaalouf »

That sounds fair, thanks.
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

Well, from previous experience, I am nearly 90% sure that the "Ships in 24 Hours" and "Now Shipping" means they jumped the gun. So Erik, I would say fire away.

Amazon.com doesn't have it listed (odd).

SoM

NefariousKoel

Post by NefariousKoel »

The "now shipping" comes up on Gamestop's site when their main warehouse(s) first get them in.  There the mass order is broken down and small amounts are re-shipped to their stores along with whatever else just came out.

They also send the pre-orders from the main warehouse(s) at the same time so they usually arrive at your doorstep about the same day it arrives in their stores.  I've pre-ordered stuff from them a couple times in the past and that's how it always played out.

It has generally taken 2-3 days to show up after that point.
scotten_usa

Post by scotten_usa »

I will never buy anything from EB, unless it's something on super clearance.  Matrix Games digital download for the win!  Keeps more $$$ in their pockets and avoids the nasty middleman.
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

That hasn't been my experience NK. Usually, when I used to buy from Gamestop (been a long time now), I would get a "shipping your order" notice the day they put up the "Ships within 24 Hours" thing. I used to splurge a bit on higher shipping, back in the day, and it would get to me within 2 days of that (sometimes next day, depending on location of warehouse). Typically, they reach the stores next day - but it used to be, with EB, you didn't get very many new games unless it was Tuesday or Thursday. Could have changed, and that was back before Gamestop bought EBgames.

Anyway, I still think what Gamestop did is low class. Retailers complain about not getting "equal" opportunity to sell their boxes before or concurrently with Digital Distribution. Then they pull this sort of stunt - where they clearly are offering the product before the people who published it. Then retailers wonder why developers move more and more towards solutions like Steam, Gamersgate, and Impulse.

Well, that's my soapbox.

SoM

Return to “Armada 2526 Series”