Matrix Games Forums

New screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!Space Program Manager will be launching on Steam
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Endless phase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Endless phase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Endless phase - 11/16/2009 12:39:25 PM   
Templer

Hello I am new to the game.

After played and having great fun with the Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm demo I purchased Panzer Kommand: Kharkov.
The tutorial and the boot camp have made a lot of fun so I wanted to play the scenario "German Kursk North" with the German side.

Unfortunately the phase of the AI Planing in conjunction with the simulating turn is endlessly. Together 1 min 50 sec!!!

Am I doing something wrong? Have I overlooked a setting?

Or do I get 40 sec action then have to wait 1 min 50 sec for again 40 more sec action and so on?
If, thats a no go!

So the game is absolutely no fun!
Post #: 1
RE: Endless phase - 11/16/2009 5:15:16 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templer

Hello I am new to the game.

After played and having great fun with the Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm demo I purchased Panzer Kommand: Kharkov.
The tutorial and the boot camp have made a lot of fun so I wanted to play the scenario "German Kursk North" with the German side.

Unfortunately the phase of the AI Planing in conjunction with the simulating turn is endlessly. Together 1 min 50 sec!!!

Am I doing something wrong? Have I overlooked a setting?

Or do I get 40 sec action then have to wait 1 min 50 sec for again 40 more sec action and so on?
If, thats a no go!

So the game is absolutely no fun!

I dont recall how long the phases were for that one when i played it. I do know that it can become long if there are a fair number of enemy units to check. I also know that in some of the battles, it will start out long, then taper down as the battle progresses.

I'll go back and try that and see how my time compares to yours.

EDIT: Well, I have a moderately low -end system, and it took mine just a bit over 3 min to process the AI and simulating turn phases for Turn 1.

So I'm sorry to say, it doesnt appear your have any setting wrong with yours.

If it's any consolation, the time does vary even within a battle, and I guess those times don't bother me so much. You might spend that time looking over the map for or checking units statistics, and it will pass much much faster (When I was checking time I almost missed it as I was busy checking out some of the map).

In any event, I'm sorry those time delays are too long for you.

Rick

< Message edited by Rick -- 11/16/2009 6:11:05 PM >

(in reply to Templer)
Post #: 2
RE: Endless phase - 11/16/2009 6:44:53 PM   
Mobius

It seems to me that the turns to go a little faster if you save the game and reload it.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 3
RE: Endless phase - 11/16/2009 7:30:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

Templer,

It varies by scenario based on how much there is to calculate. Kursk is the most calculation-intensive campaign, IIRC. I'd suggest trying the base Kharkov campaigns and some random battles if your system is taking too long for you on the big ones. We actually improved the calculation time from Winterstorm to Kharkov on same-size battles, but some of the scenarios in Kharkov are much larger.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Endless phase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI