Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor country HQs?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Minor country HQs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor country HQs? - 11/8/2009 4:59:50 PM   
demoss

Is it simply impossible to restore minor country (Bulgaria/Romania) HQs once they have been used? Even with a pile of industrial points available (7 saved up for Bulgaria in my current game), nothing happens when I press the "Buy HQ" button.
Post #: 1
RE: Minor country HQs? - 11/8/2009 5:54:36 PM   
von Schmidt

I think that minor countries need 9 points to buy a HQ point rather than 3.

Regards,
-von Schmidt

(in reply to demoss)
Post #: 2
RE: Minor country HQs? - 11/9/2009 6:36:57 AM   
demoss

As if it wasn't hard enough being the Bulgarians or Romanians.... At that price, it would essentially never make sense to buy an HQ point! It would be cheaper to buy an HQ from scratch for an allied nation and rail it over. I can see making it somewhat more expensive to curb potential abuse, but three times as expensive?

Their national morale seems to drop like a stone with the slightest reverse as well. After the Bulgarians took Constanta and Bucharest in my current game, suffering virtually no losses, their morale was at 100%. Suddenly, the Russians kick them out of Constanta, doing around 8 or 9 casualties, and morale drops to 38%!

Never mind that they're still partying in Bucharest and Salonika. On second thought, maybe it's the wave of VD cases coming home from Salonika....

(in reply to von Schmidt)
Post #: 3
RE: Minor country HQs? - 11/9/2009 10:31:03 PM   
von Schmidt

Yeah, the morale drops can be killer - they're pretty variable. Haven't seen a drop a precipitous as you describe; that's quite lethal.

I think the limits on a Minor's power of endurance is by design: they've got one bolt - and once they shoot it, it is (and stays) gone. Any further action depends on bigger allies for support, like in the real Great War.

So the best course of action is probably to ship any resources to a Major Power who can use them (also since Majors tend to have industrial multipliers which inefficient Minors lack) and ship arms and pre-filled HQs back to the Minor.

Cheers,

-von Schmidt

(in reply to demoss)
Post #: 4
RE: Minor country HQs? - 12/3/2009 10:08:56 PM   
FrankHunter

Actually minor HQs are not 3 times as expensive, its just that their production points represent a third of a major power's point.

So nine Romanian production points is actually the same as 3 German production points. 

As for morale, they have less resiliency and they lose the same amount of morale for different actions.  So a 5 morale hit to Romania will be much harsher than a 5 morale hit to Germany simply because Germany as a nation can take more punishment.

(in reply to von Schmidt)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Minor country HQs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI