Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

11th of September 42'

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> 11th of September 42' Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11th of September 42' - 2/1/2011 12:11:40 PM   
Smeulders

11th of September 42'

Burma
A nice day in the air over Cox's Bazaar, the Hurricanes (3 squadrons) and Hawks (1 squadron) first intercepted a sweep by some 30 oscars, shooting down an estimated 13 for only 1 hawk. The Sally raid following was also intercepted in good numbers, allowing me to shoot down 4 Oscars and about 20 Sallies. Total losses, including ops, are 6 Hurricanes and 2 hawks. Japanese loses are 26 Oscars and 20+ Sallies according to Joseph.

On the ground the main attack closes in on Shwebo, while in the jungle the Japanese are now advancing. Engineers are going to Mytkyina to build forts, but the Indians will stay put between Bhamo and Mytkyina, the jungle alone should be enough protection against anything under 3 Japanese divisions.

China
The situation is getting critical, very few bases still have decent supplies. I did a comparison of the supply production I have now and what I would have with the same bases in the recent patches, I've hardly got 60% of the new standard. Unless I get supplies into China quick they Japanese will just have to walk up to the starving Chinese and roll them out of the way. The low garrison requirements don't exactly help me either.

I'm expecting a new attack somewhere around Changsha or towards Kweiyang. I'd evacuate the Changsha area to shorten my lines so I can generate the mass to hold a 10+ division attack, but that would mean giving up another 50 supplies per day, something which I can hardly afford as long as I can't get supplies in overland.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 271
12th of September 42' - 2/3/2011 1:24:44 PM   
Smeulders

12th of September 42'

Burma
A large bombardment TF came in and trashed the airfield at Cox's Bazaar. 8 Hurricanes and 2 Hawks got blown up with a lot more damaged. The enemy TF was rather impressive, with 2 BB, 2 CA and a host of destroyers and smaller cruisers. I'm abandoning the field, but some LRCAP is provided so the damaged planes get a chance to repair. The RN might send a TF forward, but the danger of carrier forays into the Bengal Bay can't be underestimated.

China
In my last post I was a bit too pessimistic, it is in fact closer to 75% of supply production that I'm getting, but abandoning the Changsha area would cost me in the vicinity of 100-150 supplies instead of just 50. In the meanwhile a 22 unit stack has appeared just outside Kweilin. The defenders are just 1100 AV strong, so despite level 5 forts they may get blown out of there in no time. I think that my opponent may have close to 10 divisions in the area capable of making attacks, maybe a total of 10000 AV. With a total of only 13000 Chinese AV in the whole area between Kweiyang to Changsha that is worrisome as I have very little possibility to monitor anything but unit counts until he is upon me. As the only +, it might theoretically be possible to ship supplies from Mytkyina to Paoshan once a week, if I can make it work China might just stop starving completely.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 272
RE: 12th of September 42' - 2/3/2011 10:33:14 PM   
Commander Cody

Smeulders--Interesting AAR. It seems like your opponent is one of the least aggressive Japanese players on this board, but perhaps that will pay off for him later.

Edit: Just realized he is doing quite a bit in China, so the interesting question will be whether that pays off.

Cheers,
CC

< Message edited by Commander Cody -- 2/3/2011 10:34:52 PM >

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 273
RE: 12th of September 42' - 2/3/2011 11:27:18 PM   
Smeulders

Hey Cody, thanks for the heads up, it's always nice to see you're writing for someone.

Lemon/Joseph is indeed very conservative in his attacks. This is the first game for the both of us and we both seem rather cautious players, so it's a strange sort of game. I had expected at least one or two larger attacks after the fall of Java and e-mails made me think he was planning them, but they just never materialized. He even seems to be only lightly defending his periphery, the Gilberts are hardly even occupied, the Marshalls and Solomons have few decent airbases, etc. The problem is that this probably means a very strong defence at a few key points and despite the loss of Hiryu KB is still a very large threat if I want to attack.

China seems to be his theatre of choice and it might well be a good choice, I made an important mistake here not defending the oil areas sufficiently and it is costing me dearly. I'm not going into a rant about my problems in China, I'll save that for another time. Suffice to say that I'm very pessimistic at the moment, the pre-patch start is not very nice for the Chinese. I was hoping that the Burma offensive would open up a supply route into China to alleviate the situation a bit, but for some reason a dot hex in a jungle seemed to be the Japanese stop line instead of Lashio. My own fault that I didn't take Bhamo of course, instead of sending 2000 AV into the plains and 500 to advance through the jungle I should have switched it around and then I might have had supplies flowing into China already.

(in reply to Commander Cody)
Post #: 274
13-14 September 42' - 2/7/2011 10:33:19 AM   
Smeulders

13-14 September 42'

Burma
Some more light air attacks from the Japanese, both Kalemyo and Mytkyina get pinprick attacks, but there is little lasting damage. Nicks try to strafe my stack in the plains, but flak is murderous. Over 2 days nearly the whole 15-plane unit was either destroyed or damaged for little return.

The USAAF gets it's first P-40K group in Burma.

The 26th Indian brigade has advanced a hex and is now one hex from the plains (came from Akyab). It has however sighted units to it's North and South.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 275
RE: 11 August 42' - 2/7/2011 11:36:54 AM   
Blackhorse

quote:

USA Rifle squad 42
There is one reason this day is significant, the pool of the new rifle squads reached 91 today, meaning I can start upgrading regiments and divisions. Devices might not be as sexy as new plane types, but this does mean the squads improve their anti-soft by 30% and anti-tank by 133%. Ignore these upgrades at your own peril.

A belated "Amen!"

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 276
15th of August 42' - 2/8/2011 12:25:19 PM   
Smeulders

Blackhorse: You are probably the person I should thank for these things. The LCU devices are nice to play with, though I'm glad I have tracker as I couldn't do it otherwise. Now to find a place where I can test out the new and improved Americans.

15th of August 42'

Burma
No new bombings, the airfields are repairing. The field at Cox's might be completely repaired in 2 days, Akyab will take a bit longer as there are fewer engineers there, but only service damage remains. Katha will also go to 2 tomorrow.

The ground forces are still 2 to 3 away from Shwebo. Defences across the river at Mandalay are not clear, there might be one division there, but it might also be some regiments or even Thai. The 17th division will be taken out of the jungle and will be railed to the plains once it reaches Mytkyina. The jungle is stalemated with 3 brigades vs. a division anyway, so I'd rather make my schwerpunkt stronger still. I'll need all the man I can get to break through at Mandalay, but I do have a good chance there.

HMAS Bundaberg sunk
Bundaberg arrived in Darwin, so I tried to get her to Perth, but she was spotted and a CL and 2 DD intercepted her near Broome.

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 277
16-17th of August 42' - 2/11/2011 1:38:38 PM   
Smeulders

16-17th of August 42'

Burma
Blenheims try to recon bomb the enemies in China, but get jumped by leaking CAP from Lashio, surprising, as fighters hadn't been stationed there for a while. 2 Blenheims go down, they confirm that at least part of the 5th Division remains.

Shwebo is evacuated, the Allied spearhead reaches the town on the 17th and will take it on the 18th. Expected is that the 19th would feature strong attempts to close down Shwebo as soon as it has changed hands. I'm not planning on letting that happen, so I ordered large scale strikes to close down Magwe, the only large airbase in Northern Burma. LB-30 Liberators, B-25, Blenheims and Wellingtons will fly airfield attacks, hopefully covered by sweeps from P-40E, P-38E and Hurricanes. Recon sights only some 40 fighters there, but also 45 auxiliaries, not quite sure what those might be. Let's hope we'll do some damage.

China
A first strike on Kweilin is held, but forts drop from 5 to 4 and squad losses are again lopsided, 3 to 61 even though losses were 5400 to 3300 in the Chinese favour. Some 4200 AV is attacking here against only 1100 Chinese AV. The base is likely doomed, but will hold longer than I at first anticipated. There should be another 8 to 9 Japanese divisions in the area capable of making an attack in support.

Subs
A long time since either side has any success with those, but this time the Japanese score. The TK Seirstad is sunk by I-26.

The AE-Wiki, help fill it out

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 278
RE: 16-17th of August 42' - 2/12/2011 1:45:01 AM   
khyberbill

quote:

A long time since either side has any success with those, but this time the Japanese score. The TK Seirstad is sunk by I-26.

Your torpedoes will start exploding more often in 1/43.

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 279
RE: 16-17th of August 42' - 2/12/2011 10:10:38 AM   
Smeulders

Unfortunately it's not the torpedo problem that's keeping me from getting kills with the subs, it's plain not finding the Japanese ships. I'm guessing there is a rather elaborate shallow water route leading from Palembang/Singapore to the Home Islands, but so far I haven't risked my subs there yet. 

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 280
18th of August 42' - 2/13/2011 4:13:35 PM   
Smeulders

Burma
Shwebo falls. Mandalay now holds a little over 40k men, but they are light on guns (200) and AFV (60), if the recon is correct I might just break through here.

Huge strikes go in against Magwe, 40 Oscars are on CAP. One Hurricane squadron gets slaughtered as it went in at 100feet, a remnant from strafe training or the strike at Katha. P-40 Strikes then wear down the CAP, suffering slightly higher losses than the Oscars. The last strike that is contested is the P-38E sweep, the Japanese are slaughtered piecemeal trying to gain altitude, final results are about 25 fighters lost each. The bombers do far too little damage though, only 14 airstrip damage is seen.  I'm not too pleased with this result, I hope it was due to a bad bombing day, otherwise it'll take weeks to close the field and then the majority of my bombers to keep it closed. It does look like the Japanese have left few fighters (16+16aux) on the field, so either my follow up strikes will not be contested, or by LRCAP.  Many fighters are sighted in Rangoon.

Tongou airstrip in central Burma expands to 2, a sign that the Japanese believe they can hold ?

Darwin
Is bombed again. After a long absence the sallies are back to keep the field closed.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 281
RE: 16-17th of August 42' - 2/13/2011 9:51:19 PM   
khyberbill

quote:

I'm guessing there is a rather elaborate shallow water route leading from Palembang/Singapore to the Home Islands, but so far I haven't risked my subs there yet. 

You are going to have to set up some picket lines. There are a fair number of choke points from Palembang to HI. However, I dont spend too much time and effort with sub warfare until the torpedoes start exploding.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 282
19th of August 42' - 2/15/2011 4:22:54 PM   
Smeulders

Bill: You are correct, that is something that I'll have to look into soon.

19th of August 42'

Burma
Bombers on both sides fail to do damage. The Japanese bomb Akyab at night to no effect, the Allied bombers don't even fly, and most fighters stay grounded as well. The 2 sweeps over Magwe don't encounter resistance and no fighters are sighted on the field. The Japanese strikes were launched from Rangoon and Raheang, there seems to be some fear of using the forward airfields.

The Allied force has assembled at Shwebo and starts marching South. No clue how much AV is at Mandalay, but in 2 days a huge recon bombardment is planned.

China
The forts at Kweilin go down one more level, another 360 Japanese combat squads get disabled. A good number of those disabled do seem to be recovered rather quickly. In the first fight he should have lost 330 AV, but this attack is launched with only 275 AV less, while the Allies effectively lost 154 AV between the first and second battle.

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 283
RE: 19th of August 42' - 2/15/2011 10:34:30 PM   
khyberbill

quote:

The forts at Kweilin go down one more level, another 360 Japanese combat squads get disabled. A good number of those disabled do seem to be recovered rather quickly. In the first fight he should have lost 330 AV, but this attack is launched with only 275 AV less, while the Allies effectively lost 154 AV between the first and second battle.

I would rather have a rusty nail driven into my knee than to fight a land war in China. Against an aggressive opponent you end up fighting in the forests where your troops are miraculously receiving supply!

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 284
RE: 19th of August 42' - 2/18/2011 3:17:31 PM   
Smeulders

The AAR will be down for a week as I'm off on a skiing trip.

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 285
20-22th of August 42' - 2/27/2011 4:57:19 PM   
Smeulders

The skiing trip is over and we're back to the game.

Bill: I wouldn't go as far as to drive a nail through my knee, but I don't much care for the Chinese ground war either. More reasons for that below.

Burma
The march South is put on hold, in total about 70-80k Japanese troops are spotted all around the plains and it seems unlikely that I can dislodge that at the moment. The recon bombardment has been postponed to let the bombers concentrate on Magwe. Apart from some leaking CAP which was easily dispatched the base has not been defended, but damage seems to have been lowered last turn. FOW or lots of engineers ? We'll soon find out as the Blenheims are put on ground attack, they don't do much damage to the field anyway.

The Japanese do some light counter-strikes on the ground troops at Shwebo. I can't defend yet due to a lack of supplies in the base.

China
Back to back attacks lead to the fall of Kweilin, the Chinese rout with heavy casualties. A second line is being formed in the woods further back.

Near Sian Ankang also falls to an attack of the 6th Division, but no Chinese were defending the base.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 286
23rd of August 42' - 3/1/2011 11:03:52 PM   
Smeulders

23rd of August 42'

Burma
The Blenheims bombing at Magwe find the 18th Division. A serious setback as I didn't know it was in Burma. This makes at least 5 divisional equivalents confirmed in Northern Burma* and it is still possible that there are more, as I don't know what makes up the troop concentrations in Mandalay, Lashio and the stack on the road between the two, they might be made up of detachments from the 38th, 5th and 55th, but it is not impossible that there are still more divisions there. It seems like the short perimeter in the Pacific has freed a number of troops for the Burma front.

*38th in the jungle, 5th blocking the road from China, 18th in Magwe, 55th broken down in regiments and scattered, 33rd unknown but Sigint places it there.

SW/SPac
Amphibious ships are assembling near Noumea/Auckland, first off some base forces will be moved to Luganville, but after that an attack on Nadi is possible. Meanwhile some carriers have left Pearl Harbour for a refit on the West Coast, they should be ready to support a move into the Gilberts in early 43' or a follow-up move into the Solomons.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 287
24th of September 42' - 3/2/2011 7:34:32 PM   
Smeulders

24th of September 42'
Anyone else noticed anything strange in the above posts ? It seems like somewhere around the 15th September suddenly turned into August. Either the house rules on time travelling we're quite unsportingly broken or I made a mistake somewhere.

Burma
A Japanese task force came round again and tried to blast Cox's Bazaar. After the last attack I ordered some CD guns away from Diamond Harbour to Akyab and Cox's, but unfortunately they aren't in position yet. Either way, the attack was a failure, 2 CA, 2 CL and 4DD didn't cause a single casualty or base hit. Interesting is that he's probably showing me more ships than he should. None of the cruisers were a part of the previous bombardment group, so there are at least 4 CA and 4 CL near the bay of Bengal. Some of the destroyers were recycled from the previous TF though, so I'm guessing his fleet base is at most 6 days away, probably Singapore.

Magwe is getting hit some more, reported damage seems to fluctuate, but is at about 70 now.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 288
25-26th of September 42' - 3/7/2011 12:07:38 PM   
Smeulders

25-26th of September 42'

Burma
Time for a new map here

On both flanks the situation is very static. Both armies have enough forces to hold off the other. On the coast Japanese dispositions are unclear, by there are at least a number of tank regiments. Allied forces are an armoured brigade and infantry brigade. Near the Chinese border one division holds Bhamo, with 3 brigades holding for the Allies. The Chinese front recently saw some small action, with 5th Division failing to dislodge the 300 AV Chinese corps. The Japanese retreat into Burma and the Chinese can't follow up as the large corps is permanently restricted.

In the centre recon bombing found out that the Imperial Guards, 4th and 18th (recently transferred from Magwe) Division hold Mandalay, backed up by some RTA formations. I knew the 4th was shipped to Burma, but the Guards are a new surprise. Magwe seems very lightly guarded at the moment. Forces in Meiktila and between Lashio and Mandalay are unknown, but are at least a division.

Arrayed against this are the 18th and 2nd British divisions, 17th (light) and 39th (ex-1st Burma) Indian Divisions, 7th Australian and 2 brigade size Chinese Divisions and some miscellaneous units for 2650 AV. Another 2200 AV is on it's way, which should arrive within a month and then a further 600AV arriving on map in a couple of days (Indian Division + 2 Chindit Bde) will be sent to Burma as well.

China
A 2500 AV Stack is moving North from Kweilin, it might still get reinforces as well, but I have large forces moving into defensive positions in the rough jungle (2800 AV).

Subs
Albacore spots a large convoy near Tarawa and engages, unfortunately with duds. It seem as if Tarawa is a forward base of some sort with tenders in port. I'm thinking about a CVE raid, but it might focus his attention to the area, not good if I want to do a Gilberts invasion in the near future.
Tuna hits DD Asagao between Truk and Ponape, duds of course.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 289
27-28th of September 42' - 3/9/2011 10:57:10 AM   
Smeulders

27-28th of September 42'

Burma
Recon bombing keeps piling on the bad news, the 56th Division is spotted between Lashio and Mandalay, together with elements of the 55th Division. We're up to 7 divisional equivalents located, with the 33th still known to be at large in Burma. Taking an average Japanese Division at around 450AV he has at least 3200 - 3800 AV, plus small change from tank regiments, RTA, etc. Even assuming this is all there is, my surge will not make me that much stronger in Burma. I have to wonder how much of his combat power is in Burma, this is still scenario 1, can he really do this without short-changing other areas ?

China
Skirmishes up North near Sining, recon corps are getting attacked by a division. Interestingly enough, this remote, isolated base is the best place to be for a Chinese soldier. An automatic production of 300 supplies per day means that I actually have 2 corps expanding here and I'm still swimming in supplies, while the rest of China starves.

Subs
On the 27th, Japanese subs were active, but not very successful.
* I-20
missed an APD running a marine raider battalion to Canton from Noumea.
* Still near Noumea I-29 was attacked by an corvette ASW group, though without any damage.
The Americans had a similar day
* USS Salmon had a dud on a sub chaser near the Home Islands
* USS Skipjack was attacked by an ASW group, but got away clean.

The 28th was very nice though
* S-44 is the only sub to disapoint, but though no fault of her own. She hits DD Yakaze near Kavieng, but its a rare S-class dud.
* S-32 then hits a medium sized xAK near Guadalcanal with a single torpedo.
* S-46 hits TK Bushu Maru (converted xAK, Std-C class) three times near Flores, with two torpedoes exploding. The tanker goes down burning heavily.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 290
29th of September 42' - 3/12/2011 1:11:47 PM   
Smeulders

29th of September 42'

China
Drastic measures are being taken in China, I have decided to mostly abandon the Changsha area. Most bases, except for Changsha, are out of supply and if Sian has proven anything, it is that the Chinese can not hold a clear base without supply, no matter the fort level. Hengyang and Changsha will retain a 1000 AV garrison, forcing him to at least bring a couple of divisions together to actually take the production centres. This move will allow me to deploy about 7500 AV extra AV in a line stretching from Changteh to Kweiyang. All rough jungle, with part of it even behind a river. I am giving up 96 supply production a day though.

Burma
Bombing of the oil facilities in Magwe has begun. This has resulted in air clashes with either leaking or LRCAP from nearby Meiktila. 7 Allied planes were lost, with 8 Oscars shot down outright. The brunt of the fighting was borne by Hurricanes and P-40E, but today 2 P-40K and the P-38E squadron will join in the fray. While the Blenheims went it to suppress the airfield a bit more the other bomber did a number on the oilfields, 20% was damaged (65 out of 300). Tomorrow the Blenheims will bomb the oil as well.

Japanese fighters are becoming more active again, together with the Meiktilla CAP of 2 sentais sweeps by 20 Oscars and 20 Zeroes were launched over Shwebo.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 291
30th of September 42' - 3/12/2011 10:45:58 PM   
Smeulders

30th of September 42'

Darwin
After days of unescorted Sally raids the Hawks fly again from Fenton and Katherine, but bump into an Oscar escort. Losses are low and equal, the bomber raid gets through.

Burma
Leaking CAP is still over Magwe, but is brushed aside by the first sweep of the day. Bombers strike hard an take out another 100 oil. Total damage is 50%. After Magwe is taken down the air force will stand down for rest and refit. For the Japanese Taung Gyi and Lashio remain active airbases.

Subs
S-23 finishes off xAK Yoshida Maru #3, damaged by S-32 2 days ago.
I-24 misses a DMS escorting tankers near Pago Pago.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 292
September overview - 3/12/2011 11:13:48 PM   
Smeulders

September overview

The first amphibious attack of the Allies has been ended successfully, but has provoked little reaction from the Japanese. On land the assault in Burma has gone forward into the plains, but the Allies seem outnumbered at the moment, so the assault has stalled at Shwebo. The Japanese have started another offensive in China, this time in the South, taking Kweilin and moving North further. A large reorganization is in progress in China.

Burma
No ground battles so far, but it is the most active air front at the moment. The Allies had won control of the Northern Burmese skies and shut down the large field at Magwe and are bombing it's oilfields, but the Japanese seem to have moved in more air units. On the ground the balance of power has also shifted in favour of the Japanese, with 7-8 division present. The Allies are getting reinforcements as well, with 2500 AV moving. Heavy bomber units have arrived in Cape Town and Aden, 5 squadrons will join the medium bombers soon.

China
Starving and with strong Japanese advances. Kweilin fell, but the offensive should stall in the jungles behind. The Changsha area is getting abandoned to shorten the line.

Northern Australia
Not much change, Darwin is still living through it's own blitz, Allies are building a bit.

SWPac
Luganville is being built up and ships are moving into place to launch a regiment at Ndeni.

SPac
Baker island was invaded and taken easily. Preparations are being made for invading the Gilberts, but these plans won't be carried out until the carriers are repaired and moved into supporting positions.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 293
RE: September overview - 3/12/2011 11:19:52 PM   
Smeulders

Naval losses

Japan                     Allies
DD                            1                           0
AM                            0                           1
AO                           -1                           0
xAK                           3                           0
TK                            1                           1

Again no significant sea battles, even the subs have done little this month.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 294
RE: September overview - 3/12/2011 11:31:50 PM   
Smeulders

Air losses

Japan                    Allies
Air                      94                        31
Flak                    23                          3
Ground                  0                        11
Ops                   153                       59
Total                 270                       104

A huge disparity in air losses this month and it's all due to the durability of Allied planes. P-40K are filling out more squadrons and P-38 and Spitfires start productions this month, so it might get even better. Ops losses differences remain large.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 295
1st & 2nd of October 42' - 3/15/2011 10:29:47 AM   
Smeulders

1st & 2nd of October 42'

Burma
The Air campaign has almost bombed Magwe into dust, results on the 2nd were somewhat disappointing as a full effort only took down 40 oil points. There are 56 points remaining, which should be gone in a day or two.

The Japanese counterattack and bomb Shwebo for two days straight. A rather good joke, with combat engineer units present there are almost 500 engineers ready in Shwebo. The base might just be repaired before the Sallies can land.

Subs
Meanwhile under the sea
*KXIV misses a DD near Camn Rah Bay
*USS Salmon shoots a dud at some sub chasers near Honshu.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 296
3rd & 4th of October 42' - 3/21/2011 10:34:38 AM   
Smeulders

3rd & 4th of October 42'

Burma
Diminishing returns are starting to play a big role over Magwe. In the past 2 days I've only managed to take out 23 oil points, 29 remain.

The Japanese have stopped bombing Shwebo for the time being. The lack of any damage might have made him stop the attacks.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 297
5th & 6th of October 42' - 3/27/2011 11:26:32 PM   
Smeulders

5th & 6th of October 42'

China
The Japanese are acting swiftly and exploiting the great retreat. On the 6th, 3500 Japanese AV entered Hengyang and routed the outmatched garrison. Level 4 forts did little to level the playing field. The remnants will try to reach Changsha, where higher forts and heavy urban terrain might force a longer siege.

Burma
Bombing of Magwe has reached the point of uselessness, 8 oil points remain and bombardments have stopped. The Japanese lost some planes in leaking CAP on the 5th.

Betties have started night bombing of Magwe again, but fail to prevent the airfield and fort building. The fields has reached level 5, but forts will now get priority. The planned offensive calls for a lot of troops and Shwebo might have to be defended by a smaller force while the rest of the army circles around the flanks.

SWPac
Transports start loading for a small invasion of Ndeni. A single marine regiment will attack, with base forces and CD guns being shipped in when the base is secured. Surface cover will be small cruiser group. Defences are estimated at a single company.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 298
7th & 8th of October 42' - 3/30/2011 11:37:10 PM   
Smeulders

7th & 8th of October 42'

China
More battles around Changsha, as forces coming from Wuchang blow away a recon corps. Another 1000 AV is moving in from this direction. Another stack is moving on another recon corps, the 15 units likely contain a number of divisions, so I'm guessing it's 1500-2500 AV. Overall I have a huge force I can throw on the forest line, but supply is still a serious issue, as you can see every base on my next line is in the red. His force attacking from Kweilin is pulling back, so the danger there has passed for the moment. The problem is that all recon corps on the road have been pushed back, so I'll get little advance warning if he's moving on that part of the front.

Subs
S-30 sinks a SC near Kavieng

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 299
9th & 10th of October 42' - 3/31/2011 10:44:50 PM   
Smeulders

9th & 10th of October 42'

China
The stack coming up from the South was at the low end of the range, some 1400 AV blew away the recon corps. Leading the stack were 2 divisions, at the moment there are 17 divisions taking part in offensive actions in Southern China ....
Changsha is getting encircled, but the troops will stand firm. Most corps there should respawn stronger once killed off.

SWPac
The Ndeni invasion is stalled by a ridiculous mistake. The marine regiment did an amphibious assault on the island that was supposed to be the rendez-vous point, the natives are thoroughly confused. Re-embarkation is ordered, but in the meantime a marine defence battalion of 50AV is loading up on some freshly arrived AP. If the picking up the regiment takes too long they may just go in by themselves with the regiment landing at a later date.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> 11th of September 42' Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI