Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied AI, Scenario 16, Patch 1.11: Operation Ichi-Ni

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> Allied AI, Scenario 16, Patch 1.11: Operation Ichi-Ni Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied AI, Scenario 16, Patch 1.11: Operation Ichi-Ni - 6/21/2002 8:28:19 PM   
Kitakami

General Tojo-sama,

After taking over from my predecessor, who commited seppuku after the disaster at Midway, I ordered my staff to make a detailed analysis as to the current and future situation in the South Seas theater. The summation is this:

1. We hold a slight but eroding material advantage in ships and planes, and parity in land forces.

2. The United States are, even as we speak, outproducing us in each and every arm.

3. The most we can hope for in carrier forces is parity, though we do hold the material and expertise advantages in carrier-based air.

4. Our current land forces are not sufficient to take the Australian base of Port Moresby at this point, and not having any carriers in the theater make the attempt suicide.

5. We must do something to upset the enemy buildup while we hold the advantage. To wait and do nothing is to wait for the executioner to strike.

My staff is currently putting some finishing touches to a bold plan I have devised, which intends to shift the axis of attack to unbalance the enemy. Due to the possibilities of code-breaking, I will send them to you via courier, not by radio.

Tenno no heika banzai!

Admiral Kitakami
Post #: 1
- 6/21/2002 8:46:14 PM   
Kitakami

General Tojo-sama,

After receiving your blessing for Operation Ichi-Ni, and doing our utmost, I am honored to report that our success was even better than we dared dream for.

As of yesterday, June 16th, we are in total and absolute control of the instalations, port facilities and airfields in Luganville. We also took over seven thousand prissoners, mostly engineers from the two base forces stationed there, but we also captured a coastal defense battalion, with all its guns.

We have confirmation of having destroyed 3 APs supplying the island, and we also have unconfirmed reports of having sunk between 2 and 4 fleet tankers. They are smaller than ours, but I am sure the enemy will be hurt by this loss.

Our own losses ammount to a severly damaged AP, the Shinkoku Maru. I am relieved we have been able to conserve our forces.

My only concern is that sigint fears there is an enemy fleet carrier on the way, and our own carrier force is still not moving this way. I humbly request they are released asap.

I also seek your council regarding further operations. Should we continue our advance and invade Efate, or should we wait until we receive reinforcements?

Please let me know what you think.

Tenno no heika banzai!

Admiral Kitakami
Post #: 2
- 6/23/2002 12:01:33 AM   
Kitakami

General Tojo-sama,

It is my duty to inform you that the first carrier engagement since I took over this theater has ocurred. Air losses are high, and morale among pilots is low. If I could let them rest, I would, but there has been no time.

Naval losses have been high, particularly around Lunga. I expected the enemy to stop bombarding Lunga after they lost their base in Luganville, but they did not. I had stationed a squadron of destroyers and some cruisers there, but they were not enough. I will later send you a report on our losses and confirmed enemy losses.

Transports are underway to invade Efate. I hope once this base is securely in our hands, the enemy efforts against Lunga will cease.

Ah, I forgot... you must want to know how the carrier battle faired. Well...

We got hit first and one of our light carriers was almost sunk. It is currently in the Luganvile yards, having severe flotation damage repaired. It seems she'll survive, though.

But we hit back, and having transfered a Zero squadron to Lunga was one of your brigthest ideas. They kept air cover over our naval forces that cost the enemy many planes, and I must agree they made the difference in the battle.

Finaly, we hit the Saratoga hard. In two days of attacks, we hit her with 3 bombs and 4 torpedoes, and she broke in two and sank on the night of the second attack.

I can only say that although we have suffered considerable losses, and many of our ships are either in the yards or on their way there, we are pressing forward and we will succeed.

Humbly,

Admiral Kitakami
Post #: 3
Efate captured - 6/25/2002 4:40:52 AM   
Kitakami

General Tojo-sama,

Today the American installations in Efate have been captured. Resistance is still strong by a regiment of the AmeriCal Division, but I am confident they will soon surender.

This string of victories has not come without cost. The confirmed enemy losses to this point are:

CV Saratoga
CA Canberra, Chester
DD Phelps, Henley, Blue
DMS Southard
PG Swan
SC 518
AP Zeilin, Hunter Liggett, American Legion, Neville
AK Titania, Adelong
AO Cimarron, Kaskaskia, Tappahanock, Sabine, Kanawha

There were enemy land forces aboard some of the transports when they sank, but we cannot quantify them.

Our own losses, although smaller, are also considerable. Reinforcements would be greatly appreciated:

CA Ashigara, Kinugasa
CL Isuzu, Tatsuta, Tenryu
DD Ikazuchi, Minazuki, Mutsuki
AP Hokuriku M., Hokkai M., Asahisan M., Shinkoku M., Ryotaku M.

Now, sir, I beg your direction as to what to do next. We believe a large American division has arrived in Noumea, and that means we can't attempt a direct attack. We could attempt to reduce the airfields the Americans have been building in New Caledonia, but that would be risky as long as their carrier(s) is(are) operational.

It may be time to launch limited operations in New Guinea. As usual, your council would be much appreciated.

Humbly,

Admiral Kitakami
Post #: 4
- 7/6/2002 6:03:01 AM   
Kitakami

All,

Due to talking with the wife, receiving a phonecall and saving another game at the same time, I saved over this game :(

Thus I was not able to continue and I am not in the mood to repeat all I did after having been so... careless, lets say

But I would ask those of you who have read this AAR and have tried similar things, do you think this is a viable strategy for the Japanese in scenario 16? I played it against the AI, and I think it would work, but would it work against a human opponent? I am not so sure...

I would love to read you comments.

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 5
- 7/6/2002 6:38:14 AM   
UndercoverNotChickenSalad

D'OH !

The best AAR ever!

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> After Action Reports >> Allied AI, Scenario 16, Patch 1.11: Operation Ichi-Ni Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI