Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CTDs loading old scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia >> CTDs loading old scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CTDs loading old scenarios - 10/16/2009 11:28:54 PM   
rosseau

I have been getting CTDs every time I try to load a scenario in the Editor that I had created before the new patch was released. And yes, I know I need to post the error files and serve as a beta tester.

Perhaps I am the only one using the Editor? The devs should try to load some of their older scenarios to see.

Also, I never had a problem with the double-clicking issue. But now with the patch, the single clicking is more imprecise on menus. Fix one thing and find another. I know!

Nothing huge, just disconcerting.
Post #: 1
RE: CTDs loading old scenarios - 10/17/2009 7:19:53 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

I have been getting CTDs every time I try to load a scenario in the Editor that I had created before the new patch was released. And yes, I know I need to post the error files and serve as a beta tester.

Perhaps I am the only one using the Editor? The devs should try to load some of their older scenarios to see.

I have heavily used the editor loading old maps with every version including the patch and did not experience a single CTD while loading scenarios.

Is it one particular scenario or does none of your maps load anymore ?

What about the scenarios that come with the game, do they load into the editor ?

Ronald Wendt
Phobetor website
Phobetor on Facebook

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 2
RE: CTDs loading old scenarios - 10/18/2009 2:25:42 AM   
rosseau

Thank you for responding, Ronald. I never cease to be amazed by the developer interest and support Matrix customers receive. Congrats on a solid game, and thanks for those extra Romanian units!

It's happened on a couple of saved games and loading a couple of user scenarios into the editor. Everything else is good. Let me document this a little better and get back to you if needed.

Thanks again.

(in reply to Ronald Wendt)
Post #: 3
RE: CTDs loading old scenarios - 10/19/2009 10:55:47 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

quote:

Thank you for responding, Ronald. I never cease to be amazed by the developer interest and support Matrix customers receive. Congrats on a solid game, and thanks for those extra Romanian units!

Thanks you, its always nice to see that the things one does are appreciated.

quote:

It's happened on a couple of saved games and loading a couple of user scenarios into the editor. Everything else is good. Let me document this a little better and get back to you if needed.

Thanks again.

do the scenarios happen to have Romanians on the map ? Just a guess as the new units are the only thing i can think of that could affect the maps. Anyway it would be helpful to have more details.
Another thing: as you seem to do some maps, will we see some of them in the future or are they for personal use only ? I am looking forward to play maps i have not solved or played yet.

Ronald Wendt
Phobetor website
Phobetor on Facebook

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 4
RE: CTDs loading old scenarios - 10/24/2009 7:01:34 AM   
rosseau

Hi Ronald,

Sorry for delay in responding. Only two scenarios crashed on loading into the editor and/or upon loading during a campaign game. Sorry, I deleted them or would have let you take a look. My Romanians are fine in other old games so don't think that's it.

However, your game is so flexible I merely re-created the lost scenarios quickly and popped them right back into my 10-scenario campaign!

If I ever create something I am proud of, I will gladly post. Right now, just experimenting and having fun.

Thanks again for your help.

(in reply to Ronald Wendt)
Post #: 5
RE: CTDs loading old scenarios - 10/26/2009 11:58:51 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

quote:

Hi Ronald,

Sorry for delay in responding.
However, your game is so flexible I merely re-created the lost scenarios quickly and popped them right back into my 10-scenario campaign!

No problem, good to hear all is fine.

quote:

If I ever create something I am proud of, I will gladly post. Right now, just experimenting and having fun.

Thanks again for your help.

You are welcome, and don't hesitate to share

Ronald Wendt
Phobetor website
Phobetor on Facebook

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia >> CTDs loading old scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI