Declaring War

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

gravey101

Declaring War

Post by gravey101 »

When I right click major powers there are a number of them that i cant declare war on. We are only 3 turns into the game to no peace exists. Anyone know why?
gravey101

RE: Declaring War

Post by gravey101 »

This is very odd. Turn 1 i can dow all countries except Sweden as we are war. Turn 2 Prussia and Russia go to war with Sweden and all of a sudden i no longer have a DOW option on those 2 countries. All the others are fine.
Dab

Post by Dab »

You are not allowed to have a three way war. You can't declare war on a country who is at war with a country you are at war with.

Since you, Russia and Prussia are at war with Sweden you may not declare war on them and they may not declare war on you or each other.
gravey101

Post by gravey101 »

Thanks! That at least explains it. I'm sure there's some sort of programming reason but this is quite a limitation on gameplay.
Mus

Post by Mus »

ORIGINAL: gravey101

I'm sure there's some sort of programming reason but this is quite a limitation on gameplay.

Unfortunately it is also easily exploitable.
Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”