Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Repairing major damage

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Repairing major damage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Repairing major damage - 10/8/2009 9:48:55 PM   
Admiral Scott

I noticed after the raid on pearl, that major damage needs to be repaired somewhere other than at pearl harbor.

How big does a port have to be to fully repair major damage on capital ships?

How many bases do the allies have to do this kind of work?
Post #: 1
RE: Repairing major damage - 10/8/2009 9:55:44 PM   
Deerslayer

They have a lot on the West Coast but so does Pearl. I have a number of ships doing major repair at the Pearl Shipyard unless your Shipyard is damaged severely. Have you tried changing the Repair mode at Pearl to "Shipyard"?

(in reply to Admiral Scott)
Post #: 2
RE: Repairing major damage - 10/8/2009 9:59:31 PM   
Central Blue

wait for them to get their system damage down to 0. They can do that pretty fast if you place them pier side.

Then check out Frisco, Alameda, and Mare Island. Also Seattle. They all have lots of drydock space for fixing the major problems. But the Bay Area hexes are closest, and should be sufficient facilities, unless you got really bad dice rolls.

USS St. Louis firing on Guam, July 1944. The Cardinals and Browns faced each other in the World Series that year

Post #: 3
RE: Repairing major damage - 10/8/2009 10:27:26 PM   
John Lansford

Pearl can repair major damage; you have to put them in shipyard mode for major damage to be repaired though.  If you just put them in pierside or repair ship mode, the major damage won't be repaired.

(in reply to Central Blue)
Post #: 4
RE: Repairing major damage - 10/8/2009 11:23:22 PM   
FOW

For your typical US BB I allow a 'Repair Shipyard' rating of 50 per BB (allowing for the high setting rather than normal). PH has a repair shipyard rating of 100 (=100,000 tons of shipping can be accommodated). Time to fully repair is dependent on the extent of the damage to the ship, NOT just the size of the shipyard.
So as others have said, send to US West Coast ports, once ALL Sys damage and ALL MINOR Flotation damage has been repaired.

< Message edited by FOW -- 10/8/2009 11:30:25 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Repairing major damage - 10/9/2009 3:48:02 PM   
rockmedic109

And if you cannot put the ship into the shipyard initially, it is probably due to there being fires.  Once the firese are out, the ship will be able to enter the shipyard.

Also, Ships with more than about 60% Sys damage seem to suffer from flooding when sent out of port.  Really ugly when your Battleship gets halfway to the west coast and suddenly springs a {or several} large leak.

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 6
RE: Repairing major damage - 10/9/2009 3:58:22 PM   
kaleun

quote:

Also, Ships with more than about 60% Sys damage seem to suffer from flooding when sent out of port.  Really ugly when your Battleship gets halfway to the west coast and suddenly springs a {or several} large leak.

Yeah, lost a couple that way. The learning cliff.....

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 7
RE: Repairing major damage - 10/10/2009 4:40:16 PM   
byron13

You all seem to be implying that major damage will work off faster if all of the minor and system damage is worked off first. Do you actually KNOW that this is the case?

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 8
RE: Repairing major damage - 10/10/2009 5:27:51 PM   
PaxMondo

That isn't what I see.  What I do see is if I repair the minor damage at pier and then switch to shipyard or repair ship I get better utilization of those assets.  My challenge in the GUA scenario is that I have only Truk to repair at and of course a lot of ships to repair.  I'm trying to get a lot of them through ASAP.

Pax

(in reply to byron13)
Post #: 9
RE: Repairing major damage - 10/10/2009 6:55:04 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

That isn't what I see.  What I do see is if I repair the minor damage at pier and then switch to shipyard or repair ship I get better utilization of those assets.  My challenge in the GUA scenario is that I have only Truk to repair at and of course a lot of ships to repair.  I'm trying to get a lot of them through ASAP.

A very asture observation.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Repairing major damage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI