From: El Paso, TX
Okay, the 7 day limit should be gone by now, so here's the screenshot. Any/Automatic/Any setting combo, full supply, in range of an Air HQ. 25 planes, 12 pilots, and the game does not add new pilots as turns go by. Anyone?
I ran a few small tests, far from comprehensive, just to see if this does work. And it does, at least with the settings I tested.
To begin, I had a newly arrived P-40B in San Fran that came with no airframes and one pilot. I split it in three and used 3 variations of the auto pilot selection (more on that below). And the result was, "no pilots".
Next I split up a 3 airframe, single pilot B-18A in Boise and used the same pilot retrieval settings that didn't work with the P-40B, and in one turn, a pair of pilots arrived.
You can see the settings and pilot results in the graphic appended below, but to summarize:
- The Automated Pilot Selection System will provide pilots, but not more than the number of "unpiloted" airframes (hence no pilots were delivered for the B-18/A unit, since it already had one pilot and one airframe)
- The specified retrieval pool IS used (but perhaps not if it's left at "Any")
- When pilots arrive as unit leaders, they are promoted
- Even though I specified that one of the pilots be "Trained 50+", the chosen pilot did NOT have overall experience of 50+, but then neither did any of the pilots in the reserve pool. Interestingly, he was chosen even though his status was "WIA" (probably because he had more experience than anyone else in the pool, although the choice of a wounded guy is probably a bug)
- The requested pilot with "Any" level of experience was just that - not the most or least experienced of those available
Anyway, I suspect your issue came from requesting that pilots be pulled from a pool called "Any". Since that doesn't exist (it's a combination of named pools), perhaps the Automatic Selection code doesn't recognize it for some reason.
< Message edited by Kull -- 6/4/2018 6:35:11 PM >