Allies Aug '43 TO&E

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and modding.
TechSgt

Allies Aug '43 TO&E

Post by TechSgt »

This is the basic Word document that I use for playing as the Allies.
During a game, I update it as each month progresses. New arrivals, a/c changes, etc.
I usually list each unit's experience, also.

Maybe it can be useful?

Edit: I later discovered errors in the TO&E, sorry! It has been corrected and uploaded with a planning form, too.
Question: How can I delete the bad file, and post the upgrade -- in the original post? When I tried, I was told only 1 attachment per post.

TS

Attachments
BtR_Allied..E_Aug43.zip
(24.14 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
harley

RE: Allies Aug '43 TO&E

Post by harley »

For Shame - you committed a cardinal sin. You ought be punished. CW squadrons are "No. 237"  not 237th.

Don't worry, it's not as if I've never made a mistake. Intercept Lines will be back in patch 1
gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Nice

and it is 5-4-0, it is not fiveforty, or fivehundred forty

them CW types are touchy about stuff like that
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

Nice

Wandering off topic a bit again but, that's not always true [;)] 216 Sqn is pronounced as two-sixteen, it's to do with their previous history and transfer over from the RNAS where they were 16 squadron. When the RAF formed the RNAS air units were mostly given numbers in the 200 range, up to about 225 were all directly created from RN units iirc. The units that were XX squadron RNAS became 2XX squadron RAF. Totally irrelevant I know, but I got some bad looks when I turned up there calling it 2-1-6 [:D]

Generally:
Nos 1-200 are RAF or RFC squadrons. Up to about 150 Sqn are the former RFC sqns with the rest being RAF squadrons formed sometime after April 1918.
Nos 201-225 were formerly RNAS squadrons renumbered straight into the 200 range. Up to 274 Sqn are former RNAS units formed by combining various flights up to squadron strength.
Nos 274+ are wartime created squadrons.
Nos 300-352 are squadrons formed from personnel escaping occupied Europe.
Nos in the 400 series are Commonwealth squadrons placed under control of the RAF.
Nos on the 500 series are mostly wartime created units, many of these are special operations types (RCM, recce)
Nos 600-616 are RAuxAF squadrons.
Nos 617+ are wartime formed squadrons.
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
TechSgt

Post by TechSgt »

I discovered some errors in the prior uploaded TO&E.
I've corrected it and included a planning form, also.
Hope they can be useful?

TS
Attachments
BtRAlliedForms.zip
(39.54 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
TechSgt

Post by TechSgt »

It's awl-rat!

I was born south of the Mason-Dickson line, and we can pronounce things however we want! [:D]

TS
von Shagmeister

Post by von Shagmeister »

Technically it's an Order of Battle (OoB) not a Table of Organisation and Establishment (TOE) which deals with how individual units are organised.

The TOEs of a number of unit types in game are incorrect, hopefully this will be addressed when higher priority issues are dealt with. CW single engine day fighter Sqns in particular have too many a/c (presently 24 IE + 3 IR, instead of 16 IE + 2 IR).

von Shagmeister
Per Speculationem Impellor ad Intelligendum

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Nice

Wandering off topic a bit again but, that's not always true [;)] 216 Sqn is pronounced as two-sixteen, it's to do with their previous history and transfer over from the RNAS where they were 16 squadron. When the RAF formed the RNAS air units were mostly given numbers in the 200 range, up to about 225 were all directly created from RN units iirc. The units that were XX squadron RNAS became 2XX squadron RAF. Totally irrelevant I know, but I got some bad looks when I turned up there calling it 2-1-6 [:D]

Generally:
Nos 1-200 are RAF or RFC squadrons. Up to about 150 Sqn are the former RFC sqns with the rest being RAF squadrons formed sometime after April 1918.
Nos 201-225 were formerly RNAS squadrons renumbered straight into the 200 range. Up to 274 Sqn are former RNAS units formed by combining various flights up to squadron strength.
Nos 274+ are wartime created squadrons.
Nos 300-352 are squadrons formed from personnel escaping occupied Europe.
Nos in the 400 series are Commonwealth squadrons placed under control of the RAF.
Nos on the 500 series are mostly wartime created units, many of these are special operations types (RCM, recce)
Nos 600-616 are RAuxAF squadrons.
Nos 617+ are wartime formed squadrons.

roger, interesting

you got some odd ones in there two, offhand IIRC thought it was IX and XV
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

roger, interesting

Not sure I understand [&:]

EDIT: Unless you're referring to the seemingly random way in which squadrons use Arabic or Roman numbers.
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
TechSgt

Post by TechSgt »

ORIGINAL: von Shagmeister

Technically it's an Order of Battle (OoB) not a Table of Organisation and Establishment (TOE) which deals with how individual units are organised.

von Shagmeister
Just trying to keep it seperate from the "game's" meaning of OOB's.
I don't want players downloading something thinking it will be something it isn't.

TS
MajorDude

Post by MajorDude »

Very nice! Thanks! [:)]
TechSgt

Post by TechSgt »

Major... <Salute>

Thanks, I meant to add one for each of the scenarios, but RL has intruded.

One day...

TS
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

roger, interesting

Not sure I understand [&:]

EDIT: Unless you're referring to the seemingly random way in which squadrons use Arabic or Roman numbers.

sorry buddy, missed this one when it was posted

bad statement, didn't mean you, meant they

which yes, some of the them used letters instead of numbers, we talked about that while doing the OOB, figured it would be more confusing then it already is

JP5844

Post by JP5844 »

ORIGINAL: von Shagmeister

The TOEs of a number of unit types in game are incorrect, hopefully this will be addressed when higher priority issues are dealt with. CW single engine day fighter Sqns in particular have too many a/c (presently 24 IE + 3 IR, instead of 16 IE + 2 IR).

von Shagmeister

TOE in U.S. Military parlance is actually Tables of Organization and EQUIPMENT not Establishment

HTH [:)]

Jonathan Primm

Return to “Scenarios and Modding”