Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carrier Fighter Repair Rates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Carrier Fighter Repair Rates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/4/2009 12:12:36 AM   
pat.casey

I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is a game feature, so can somebody enlighten me on this one?

Its December of 1943. I have about 8 fleet carriers which I've been using on and off. All of them have full 36 aircraft wings of hellcats. All of them have about half their hellcats damaged. All of them are docked in a level 9 port with plenty of supply. There are 250+ hellcats in the pool.

My carriers say they have 36 pilots, 14 ready hellcats, and 22 hellcats under repair.

Mean time to repair is 6 days.

From what I can see, that means, on average, once every 6 days a single hellcat is repaired. After a month parked in port, I've gone from 14 ready hellcats to 19.

So here's my questions:

1) Why's my time to repair so low on board carriers? At this rate it'll take me 3 months to fill my wings out again and then I'll be back in the yard after a week of air operations.
2) Is mean time to repair supposed to be *for one plane*? If I have 12 damaged planes, and mean time to repair is 6 days, I'd expect to repair about 2 a day, statistically.
Post #: 1
RE: Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/4/2009 1:11:17 AM   
khyberbill

For whatever reason, my planes seem to repair much faster at sea, so I always send them on a sea cruise. Perhaps the airdales get too tipsy in port.

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to pat.casey)
Post #: 2
RE: Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/4/2009 1:44:18 AM   
michaelm

On the group screen, left-click (IIRC) on the PILOTS at the bottom of the screen.
This will show you status of the planes in the group and the repair time for each plane.

Michael

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 3
RE: Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/4/2009 1:48:41 AM   
michaelm

Repair facilities (chance to repair) on a carrier are based on the ship's SYS damage; SYS = 0 means full a/c facilities, SYS = 20 means 80% facilities.

Carrier a/c repair does not require supply.
There is no a/c repair once SYS exceeds 60.
No special "in port" a/c repair bonus. Same repair conditions for at sea and in port.
Standing down the group also increases repair chance.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 10/4/2009 2:04:57 AM >

Michael

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 4
RE: Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/4/2009 2:02:54 AM   
michaelm

Please post a save in the Tech Forum if this is still a problem

Michael

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 5
RE: Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/4/2009 4:05:51 AM   
pat.casey

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Please post a save in the Tech Forum if this is still a problem

Well that's the thing, I'm not sure if it is a problem or a design mechanic to keep me from overusing my carriers.

What's the *expected* amount of time to repair, say, 18/36 hellcats?

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 6
RE: Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/4/2009 12:45:39 PM   
FOW

quote:

On the group screen, left-click (IIRC) on the PILOTS at the bottom of the screen.
This will show you status of the planes in the group and the repair time for each plane.

WOW I never knew this - it's very handy - although it's a RIGHT mouse click on 'PILOTS'

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 7
RE: Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/4/2009 2:47:53 PM   
michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: FOW

quote:

WOW I never knew this - it's very handy - although it's a RIGHT mouse click on 'PILOTS'

Well I can't remember everything

Michael

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 8
RE: Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/4/2009 3:23:37 PM   
n01487477

Probably doesn't work in AE, but in stock I used to divide my larger units, stand them down and I'd recombine them later to get quicker repairs ...

Not sure about this in AE though, so maybe a thing to test.

--Damian--

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 9
RE: Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/4/2009 5:41:06 PM   
wdolson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: FOW

quote:

Well I can't remember everything

We also just split the planes out to their own button for patch 2.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 10
RE: Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/5/2009 7:22:11 PM   
bsq

Regardless of the port or not, why is it taking deck crews so long to repair carrier aircraft?  I am seeing similar turn around times on my fighters.  Just as well (as of May 43) the AI has made some howlers and all of the original Japanese CV's are at the bottom of the Solomon's Sea/Coral Sea.  Still it means I have to stand off islands outside of Betty range or under the umbrella of Ground based CAP until my carrier crews have sorted their lives out!

Another annoyance is that whilst en-route to a planned invasion etc my covering CV's often take half the airwing down for maintenance before a single mission is flown! (Even when I stand the airgroups down to prevent unnecessary flying).  In what reality would that happen?

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 11
RE: Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/5/2009 11:05:08 PM   
wdolson

We did find a bug with carrier aircraft repair that will be fixed for patch 2.  Unfortunately, you will have to live with the problem for a few more weeks until we can get the patch out.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to bsq)
Post #: 12
RE: Carrier Fighter Repair Rates - 10/5/2009 11:49:37 PM   
erstad

Can you provide any more details on the nature of the bug, and/or ways to stay out of harm's way?

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Carrier Fighter Repair Rates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI