Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft stats and some other reference lists

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Scenarios and Modding >> Aircraft stats and some other reference lists Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft stats and some other reference lists - 10/1/2009 6:48:45 AM   
Baron von Beer

Here's a few odds and ends I threw together for anyone interested.

Attached zip has 4 XML files, aircraft stats for each side of each "period" (BOB/BTR), and also a couple .docs that have some of the charts from the manual condensed onto single pages. Added a reordered CH/CHL list too, starting from NW to Scapa Flow.

Aircraft spreadsheet also has combat & extended radius added for all types, and the dates and few's alt performance Hard Sarge gave in that stickied thread. Hopefully we'll get more of that info in time.

Might be typos in the xmls, didn't go over with a fine tooth comb so feel free to point 'em out.

Will add an Airframe/Engine/Parts list too, as soon as I finish it.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Baron von Beer -- 10/1/2009 6:41:06 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft stats and some other reference lists - 10/1/2009 8:23:18 AM   
Creeper

Great work!
Thank you!

(in reply to Baron von Beer)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft stats and some other reference lists - 10/1/2009 11:43:44 AM   
JudgeDredd

Excellent...thx

One question...I couldn't see the "recovery rate" of airfields?

(in reply to Creeper)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft stats and some other reference lists - 10/1/2009 1:22:27 PM   
mikkey

excellent work, thanks!

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft stats and some other reference lists - 10/1/2009 6:17:14 PM   
Baron von Beer

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Excellent...thx

One question...I couldn't see the "recovery rate" of airfields?

Do you mean for repairs? On the repair&CIL.doc they are at the bottom, Communication, airfield service & runway. I forgot to label the two listings though.. one on the left was the BOB part from the manual, one of the right the BTR.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft stats and some other reference lists - 10/1/2009 6:25:50 PM   
MajorDude

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baron von Beer

Here's a few odds and ends I threw together for anyone interested.

Attached zip has 4 XML files, aircraft stats for each side of each "period" (BOB/BTR), and also a couple .docs that have some of the charts from the manual condensed onto single pages. Added a reordered CH/CHL list too, starting from NW to Scapa Flow.

Aircraft spreadsheet also has combat & extended radius added for all types, and the dates and few's alt performance Hard Sarge gave in that stickied thread. Hopefully we'll get more of that info in time.

Might be typos in the xmls, didn't go over with a fine tooth comb so feel free to point 'em out.

Will add an Airframe/Engine/Parts list too, as soon as I finish it.

You da man!!!

I had started on it, but you really did a cool job there, bravo!!!

p.s. guys, be sure to 'select the pages' you want to print using print preview, and don't just hit the print button or you may end up printing more pages than you think - lol

< Message edited by MajorDude -- 10/1/2009 6:27:09 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft stats and some other reference lists - 10/1/2009 6:43:23 PM   
Baron von Beer

Hmm, yeah just checked and one of them said print pages 1-1500 something. Ooops     Attachment replaced, now it should only print pages that have data on them....  

(in reply to MajorDude)
Post #: 7
BTR German Campaign Tools - 2/21/2010 11:29:33 AM   
vimconfused

This is a spreadsheet that attempts to do three things:

> A (basic) production planner for assigning parts/engines among the possible assemblies.
> A database of all the LW aircraft.
> A timeline of all the turns to enable plotting and easier viewing of future events.

The first part of the spreadsheet has similarities to the production planner produced by Tuk. Tuk's one is very good but I wanted a sort of cut down version with fewer variables, even if I had to compromise on detail. As a newbie I might of course have completely missed the point! This is also very much draft 1 and am very happy to incorporate suggestions into future versions (and hear if any of the basic data is wrong!)

The main compromise in this worksheet is that is is "driven" only by the factor of assembly (not engines or parts), mainly because this is the one unique component that determines aircraft type. It then does a simple calculation for requirements of the other two components. The calculation is dependent on the figures you use for assemblies, so you decide how "accurate" you want to be. You may want to reflect changes on a daily basis, perhaps to include bomb damage etc, or perhaps not worry if a new production line is ten days away. This means you will not have the same totals as the games "show requirements" screen (which in any case seems to calculate on a different basis).

Hopefully later versions will be clever with delays and have some kind of automated feature based on excel formulas. Unfortunately I'm not an excel expert but given enough time I could probably work out some sort of formula here based on the game date and days delay for production lines. I did initially have formulas for entering parts and engines based on the number of assemblies entered, but excel doesn't do a good job of sorting cells with formulas. You'll therefore have to put all the numbers in yourself (and particularly remember the ones with multiple engines!)

I could have used formulas if the worksheet was not going to be sorted, but I think sorting allows for the best functionality. Basically you can sort the production information any way you choose. I have included suggestions that I use (available aircraft on top, research in a separate section and assemblies no longer produced but still in service in another).

The second part is an aircraft database, based on the lists seen in the forum (I have used the one provided by Hard Sarge - many thanks). I've included a couple of columns for research, but this is very much a work in progress until I think of a way (and moreover have time) to do it.

The third part is a timeline of the full campaign, showing all the known events (ie, new production and arrival of new groups) on the turn they occur, which hopefully makes all this easier to follow and allows you to add whatever date-based information you want.

All feedback welcome!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 8
RE: BTR German Campaign Tools - 2/21/2010 8:04:57 PM   
pompack

neat vim!

Thanks

(in reply to vimconfused)
Post #: 9
RE: BTR German Campaign Tools - 11/11/2011 6:25:05 PM   
npsergio

Very good work, mate!

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 10
RE: BTR German Campaign Tools - 12/6/2011 1:17:31 AM   
bcgames

Thank-you for taking the time to produce this. Outstanding!

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 11
RE: BTR German Campaign Tools - 1/11/2012 2:18:17 PM   
Denniss

Thanks for this data compilations, that's a nice source to compare with WitE data.
Shows several data errors like a too slow Bf 109 F-4, Bf 110 C-4 too fast, Bf 109 E-4/B looses too much speed/max alt compared to E-7/B, too much load for the Do 217 E-2 (max load is stated as 3.5t with max 3t internal, at 3.5t fuel has to be reduced), too much load on the Ju 88 A-4 (max 3t and only with sacrifying lots of fuel), Ju 87B with ~4000lbs load (may be datasheet error) but endurance is an error - impossible with just 500l internal fuel. Ju 87D had 800l fuel but could only carry 1.2t with max fuel

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 12
RE: BTR German Campaign Tools - 1/13/2012 3:38:21 AM   
bcgames

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss
Thanks for this data compilations, that's a nice source to compare with WitE data.
Shows several data errors like a too slow Bf 109 F-4, Bf 110 C-4 too fast, Bf 109 E-4/B looses too much speed/max alt compared to E-7/B, too much load for the Do 217 E-2 (max load is stated as 3.5t with max 3t internal, at 3.5t fuel has to be reduced), too much load on the Ju 88 A-4 (max 3t and only with sacrifying lots of fuel), Ju 87B with ~4000lbs load (may be datasheet error) but endurance is an error - impossible with just 500l internal fuel. Ju 87D had 800l fuel but could only carry 1.2t with max fuel

Denniss,

I'm glad to see someone of your caliber devoting your limited research time to the data base contained in this game. Your knowledge of WWII aviation is second to none--without question. Good luck here.

v/r

bcgames

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 13
RE: BTR German Campaign Tools - 1/15/2012 1:09:50 AM   
Denniss

I'm sure the BTR devs invested a lot of time into researching the stats used here. It would be interesting to compare their data with the WitE data and the stats of WitW. I can't do this without owning the game however. I don't know how recent or how correct the Excel files are.

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 14
RE: BTR German Campaign Tools - 1/17/2012 2:33:28 AM   
JeffK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

I'm sure the BTR devs invested a lot of time into researching the stats used here. It would be interesting to compare their data with the WitE data and the stats of WitW. I can't do this without owning the game however. I don't know how recent or how correct the Excel files are.

The problem is that 10 different books will have 9 different ratings, same based on UK or US tests using worn out and unfamiliar aircraft, different fuels etc etc. There are also difference dependent on the paint job or natural metal finish, I've heard of 10mph+ differences.

I dabble in the PTO and its hard to find a perfect book for IJAAF & IJNAF aircraft, some many different numbers.

I'm sure Hard Sarge made them meet a standard which he was happy with.

What I dont like in BTR is that I cant change something which I believe is wrong, either aircraft stats, targets, experience/morale numbers, upgrade dates (even to be made a manual choice)

< Message edited by JeffK -- 1/17/2012 2:35:34 AM >

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Scenarios and Modding >> Aircraft stats and some other reference lists Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI