twitter updates on SoP

The creators of WW2: Time of Wrath move to the Pacific theater with Storm over the Pacific. Depicting the epic conflict between Japan and the United States, players choose from 26 available countries with historically accurate orders of battle including land, sea and air units and leaders. Concentrate on directing one country or command several to lead an alliance of nations. Engage in battle over the vast Pacific with 16 unit types modelled with an intuitive supply system and more.
gwgardner

twitter updates on SoP

Post by gwgardner »

for want of a better place to mention it, the latest peek at the SoP map (link on the Wasteland's Twitter page) is OUTSTANDING. The ideal is realized, of a hex-based map with graphics that are not hex-shaped cookie-cutter templates. Very impressive.

axisandallies

RE: twitter updates on SoP

Post by axisandallies »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

for want of a better place to mention it, the latest peek at the SoP map (link on the Wasteland's Twitter page) is OUTSTANDING. The ideal is realized, of a hex-based map with graphics that are not hex-shaped cookie-cutter templates. Very impressive.
I'm sorry SoP??
Stupid rebellion, anyhow....D. Vader
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Storm over the Pacific, an upcoming game from Wastelands.

axisandallies

Post by axisandallies »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

Storm over the Pacific, an upcoming game from Wastelands.

thanks.
Stupid rebellion, anyhow....D. Vader
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

Garry I`m glad you like the idea of isometric map connected with hexes.
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

[X(] isometric map [X(] noooooooo!
I'm having a horrible flashback to the early screenies of SC2. and the forums abuzz of arguments of tiles vs hexes.
Please tell me that SOP will also ship with an alternative 'classic' top down view also.

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

Here you are:  We are planning to introduce also classic map.
I'm having a horrible flashback to the early screenies of SC2. and the forums abuzz of arguments of tiles vs hexes.

But we prefer hexes. It is possible to merge hexes and isometric view without having any tiles :) Tiles are passe ;)
Bleck

Post by Bleck »

Agent S - does it http://screenup.pl/set/09-09/ufwsbvnld.png really looks so bad? [8|] Game logic will be still based on hexes ;)
Wastelands Interactive member (Programmer)
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

oh boy here we go again....[8|]
give me a game that looks like a boardgame, not Civ !!!
[:'(]

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

Classic board like map is also under development.
Bleck

Post by Bleck »

I understand you, everyone has different taste ;) I'm sure there will be also a boardgame-like map skin :)
Wastelands Interactive member (Programmer)
Haplo_Patryn

Post by Haplo_Patryn »

Poor programmers...they're always in the middle of the storm (struggling between grodnars' and fancy boys's desires) [;)]

SeaMonkey

Post by SeaMonkey »

Don't fret Wasteland guys, just give me a basis of movement, my mind can cope with it.  Something about being part of this dominant species, I can adapt!

And a beautiful map, just remember that logistical/communication layer that needs to reside beneath it.
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

ORIGINAL: Haplo_Patryn

Poor programmers...they're always in the middle of the storm (struggling between grodnars' and fancy boys's desires) [;)]

People always want to have a choice so we give it to them so it is quite comfortable situation for us. At least in this particular situation.
ORIGINAL: SeaMonkey

Don't fret Wasteland guys, just give me a basis of movement, my mind can cope with it. Something about being part of this dominant species, I can adapt!

And a beautiful map, just remember that logistical/communication layer that needs to reside beneath it.

After we will test it I will tell you, ok? :)
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

you wastelands dudes are setting the bar in developer communications.[&o]
when can I pre-order SOP? is there a release date in mind, or do we wait for the anniversary of another spaceflight? [:'(]

Anraz

Post by Anraz »

ORIGINAL: Agent S

when can I pre-order SOP? is there a release date in mind, or do we wait for the anniversary of another spaceflight? [:'(]

So you are the first one :) I`m not sure whether Matrix makes preorders. Speaking of other possibilities would not be loyal to Matrix, who guest all of us on the forum.

Considering release date I would say cautiously: “in less then six months”.
SeaMonkey

Post by SeaMonkey »

Any chance we'll see amphibious assaults from a sea/beach hex?
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

Are you wanting to recreate the career of the 36th AIB ("Ike's Marines") who made a practice of beach-hopping along the northern coast of New Guinea http://www.awm.gov.au/units/unit_11954.asp ? Nearly all their amphibious embarkations were from unprepared coastal sites.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction
SeaMonkey

Post by SeaMonkey »

Actually I'm wondering how an amphib might get ashore when all the island hexes are occupied by enemy forces. Seems like there will need to be a way for them(amphib) to assault the beaches from a sea hex.
Anraz

Post by Anraz »

ORIGINAL: SeaMonkey

Actually I'm wondering how an amphib might get ashore when all the island hexes are occupied by enemy forces. Seems like there will need to be a way for them(amphib) to assault the beaches from a sea hex.

Directly from see.

Return to “Storm over the Pacific”