Suggestions for future patches

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

Fallschirmjager

Suggestions for future patches

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Maybe this can be stickied? Here can be a place to suggest future additions to the game in the form of updates and patches. It can help keep the forum clean and tidy and help the developers know what we would like and what is needed.

Here is my first suggestions
On the top pilots screen, the pilots roster screen for each squadron and for the squadron honor roll screen, list the pilots who are WIA days until they return.
Right now the game does list them as WIA but there is no number of days until they return to action so you are left guessing.
It would be useful to have a number in () to know when these pilots will return to the war.
Derfel

RE: Suggestions for future patches

Post by Derfel »

Please List in the overview or in the Campaign TO&E the number of pilots in the unit.
Please list the number of pilots that came as either this day or yesterdays replacements.
Please list the number of parts/engines that are avaiting assembly in the poolss
palocfarkas

Post by palocfarkas »

BTR:
If it's possible, please increase the daily maximum numbers of allied missions from 200. I think it's not too much in a massive day..... (many NI, some night bombing, tons of REC, FS, etc.)

Thanks!
My English is better than your Hungarian.
joey

Post by joey »

I would like to see the railroad/area bug fixed. It is of little value bombing railroads if they are not taking damage in some locations. And I second all of the above suggestions concerning pilots!
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

that is fixed Joey
joey

Post by joey »

Great! You are on top of things! Now when do I get the have mine fixed?
palocfarkas

Post by palocfarkas »

Another thing:

It can be useful to make some filters:

- BTR: airfields attached to Luftflottes for Axis; BOB: Group airfields for British
- As I wrote it earlier there can be a borderline to separate the Axis urban areas that "produce" terror points from the occupied cities that useless to bomb

I think this is one of the best wargame I hope it becomes better and better.

Thanks for the great work!

My English is better than your Hungarian.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

A delete function for removing old saves?

Being able to get a list of bombers and fighters which made up a raid when looking at the end of day report. I saw a screen (sorry, name escapes me) and it showed my raids for the day and the damage done, as well as my fighter and bomber losses. If you click on the location the raid took place, it highlights it on the map. I would also like to see the make up of that raid. The reason I would like this is so I could see whether the raid that lost 11 bombers was a JU-87 raid or a JU-88 raid.

In fact, quite a bit more info could be used here, like what aircraft took the hits (if I had a mix of bombers, this info would be useful). Also what the makeup of the raid was like (was fighter support close/high (how high), weather over target, time of raid, time on target etc)...it would let me see effective tactics...(or not!)

I'm just going through what I thought of when I was looking at my debriefing for the day...I found myself wanting more info...and whilst it might be there in other windows, tying them together for "meaningfulness" proved difficult.

Anyway...just "nice to haves"...in case your bored and want to through more stats at us [:D]
Alba gu' brath
Ditdat

Post by Ditdat »

The ability to adjust the map scroll speed would be handy. Mine moves just a bit too quickly.

Overall, this release is a very nice update to one of my favorite wargames. I'll be playing this for years to come. Great job, gents! It was worth the wait.
TechSgt

Post by TechSgt »

I play as the BtR Allied, this could also pertain to Germans in BoB.

1) Ability to save approximately 10 missions or raid groups. Then I could plug them in again on future days.
2) Better UI on single night intruder missions.
3) Workable shuttle missions.
4) Selectable unit RCM, and pathfinder nav. Similar to upgrade.
5) WIA return to duty status. 4a) WIA commanders return to command.
6) A toggle to enable/disable fighter sweeps from attacking airfields, ground units, etc.
7) Day of knowledge of when ground attacks/invasions are going to occur, so I can support them.
8) Click on targets, to get a more detailed briefing. The general types of planes, AAA, what is being produced at targets, etc. Within limits, of course!

TS
Baron von Beer

Post by Baron von Beer »

Big +1 on 6.

I'm about to write off fighter sweeps in BoB, tell them to go near London with the intent of engaging the several hundred RAF fighters that are in the air, and instead they strafe the empty grass fields of Hawkinge, Manston or Lympne the instant they go feet dry. Even when at 20,000 feet.
AttuWatcher

Post by AttuWatcher »

ORIGINAL: Ditdat

The ability to adjust the map scroll speed would be handy. Mine moves just a bit too quickly.

Overall, this release is a very nice update to one of my favorite wargames. I'll be playing this for years to come. Great job, gents! It was worth the wait.

1) I agree on both counts. The scrolling is super fast and touchy for me. And the game is great!

2) It would be nice if "highlight target damage" had 2 levels: lvl 1 how it currently is. lvl 2 only the damaged targets are highlighted (targets that are undamaged are not highlighted at all)

3) ability to move multiple squadrons at once (when moving them to the same airfield) w/o having to restart the whole menu process for every single squadron.

4) zoom in/out with mouse wheel

5) range circles displayed on map from planes/squadrons when you highlight them (like in WITP or like with radar ranges) . Saw this in bunyap462's AAR but I have not be able to find it in-game.
mattpenfold

Post by mattpenfold »

I would like a facility whereby you can plot night intruder missions more easily.

Maybe highlight the airfield you want to target, the squadron to use, select the altitude and start and end times you want and the program will create missions using the available aircraft to ensure you have continuous cover.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: palocfarkas

BTR:
If it's possible, please increase the daily maximum numbers of allied missions from 200. I think it's not too much in a massive day..... (many NI, some night bombing, tons of REC, FS, etc.)

Thanks!

that is a slot issue, in other areas, changing slots was a major deal, and did major damage

and in the long run, it is normally kind of HARD to need more then 200, testing to kill off a old bug on this, it was a pain, trying to find enough missions to fly to hit the total

JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Can you show in the mouse over tooltips whether a radar site is CH or CHL? I accidentally bombed two CH radar sites instead of CHLs. It's not too hard to tell just by looking at the rings and finding the centre, but it's particularly tricky over on the South East coast
Alba gu' brath
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

I would also like to add country borders would be nice...I don't care how accurate they are, but I'd like to know where the countries finish an start. This didn't become appararent to me before because I only played BoB section of the game but I fired up BTR last night and I was in awe at the size of the map, but was confused as to where germany/france/italy all started!

I'd also like to see sector markings on the map for BoB portion.
Alba gu' brath
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

I would like to see the mods " sticky" this as well. Reasonable requests from experienced players will hopefully be considered..[:)]

I would like to see the ability to scroll the map with the arrow keys.

A FAQ would be good.

“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

ORIGINAL: Richard III

I would like to see the ability to scroll the map with the arrow keys.

You can do this already
E

Post by E »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

I would also like to add country borders would be nice...I don't care how accurate they are, but I'd like to know where the countries finish an start. This didn't become appararent to me before because I only played BoB section of the game but I fired up BTR last night and I was in awe at the size of the map, but was confused as to where germany/france/italy all started!

Ummm, actually it's all Germany at that point. *grin*

I'd like the ability to select even slower speeds than allowed now. I'd also like each speed hotkeyed (as opposed to the current cycling through them). Before any appreciable activity is going on, the game runs too fast for my liking when reacting to radio activity and the first couple minor raids, etc. It's running at several game minutes per real second here.
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
Steamfish

Post by Steamfish »

It would be great to have some kind of message aggregator that would collect the event text displayed as the turn played out and format it as a plain text file, or perhaps as a comma-delimited file. This would allow us to let a turn play out unattended and not miss a thing. If this is a bit much to ask as an integrated part of the game via a patch, maybe it could be a stand alone utility. Is the text generated during a turn saved in a temporary file?

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”