First let me say I love this game. I have only played from a bomber perspective. Any of my suggestions would just make the game slightly better IMHO.
1. During the planning phase I can't find an easy way to assess the aircraft still remaining to be assigned to missions. There is the review missions but not a review of unallocated aircraft. As a result I don't know if I am only sending out 20%, 50% or 75% of my planes.
2. When you go into Modify Raid within the Mission Review on the right it lists the various units with a button you can highlight. Not sure why the buttons are there. It appears that you can't modify anything to one of the individual units. Anything you do applies to the entire mission. It would be nice to be able to modify one of the units in a mission or cancel a unit from the mission without affecting all.
go to modify mission and modify it ? you can add, delete bombers, fighters, targets, way points, just the same as if you were plotting the mission ? Below is a screenshot inside Modify Raid. The only buttons available are on fighter units. When chosen there are no options to change just that unit. At the top are options that affect all units in the mission. I can only add bombers or fighters. I may be missing something, but as I see it I cannot adjust or cancel any one unit within the mission. Bomber units don't even have a select button beside them. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2672/3996524908_7fa5dc614b_o.jpg
3. Being able to do more directly on the map would be great. For example, I have the system plan the recons. When I review the recon missions, some are going places that are worthless. It would nice to be able to go into Mission Review, Show Paths and click and drag a recon to another area. Same goes with bomber raids. The more planning that could be done graphically the better. This could also apply to waypoints, click and drag, versus having to click through buttons. for way points at least, go ahead and click and drag, that is how I do most of my missions ? you got to be in modify mission though I have not been able to click and drag waypoints in any mode whether waypoints have been previously set or not. I have tried a mouse left click on one of the boxes, also shift left click, control left click as well as the same combinations with the right click. I searched the manual for "waypoint" and it is only listed once with no mention of dragging them. If there is a way to do it could you expand on how to do it? Are you in windowed or non-windowed mode?
4. I tend to plan my raids from a TOT (time over target) standpoint yet all planning is by departing time. As a result I have to go to review missions and sort by TOT to see how the raids will actually hit, then modify them. This is time consuming. Can there be an option in the planning phase to use TOT instead and let the system calculate departure time?
5. Another thing I find confusing in the planning phase is the "show all paths". It would be great if this were separate review path buttons for Bomber, Fighter Sweep, Recon, etc. To see all just check them all or any combo you want.
6. If you click on a unit within an airfield what if it drew a circle around the base to show its extent of operation? I am wondering if some of my units are not being utilized as they are too far from the front and I need to move them forward.
hassle is, only base that means anything is the form up base that the mission flys/joins up at, you can use a fighter that is 100 miles away from the form up base, and that fighters is going to use up 100 miles worth of gas on the way there and on the way back, so, it has lost 200 miles of fuel before the mission leaves the form up point
7. Can the game be made to ignore screensaver settings?
< Message edited by StkNRdr -- 10/9/2009 10:06:35 PM >