Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Note About IE8

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Note About IE8 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 12:35:21 AM   
KG Erwin

Shaun will soon make PureSim only compatible with IE8, so if you haven't converted, do so now. I've been using it for awhile, and have no issues with it. I fail to understand the reluctance to upgrade.
Post #: 1
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 12:39:40 AM   
GNDN

Microsoft's less than stellar track record perhaps?

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues....

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 1:31:06 AM   
KG Erwin

So, you have no specific complaints, GNDN? I am a previous user of IE7, and the upgrade to IE8 offered no deleterious effects to my PC.

(in reply to GNDN)
Post #: 3
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 1:36:54 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: GNDN

Microsoft's less than stellar track record perhaps?

The point I am continually trying to make is that it does NOT mean you have to use IE8 as your Web Browser. I just need IE8 to be installed because PureSim embeds it. Use FireFox or whatever you like to surf the Web.

IE is used on 95% of the screens in PureSim and I think it has served us well. I am just trying to optimize the game, and improve it's quality.

Frankly, in this case, it's no different than if I asked you to have the latest video drivers for your video card installed. I am not forcing you to use IE, just have the components installed on your computer.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to GNDN)
Post #: 4
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 1:42:56 AM   
KG Erwin

Thanks for the clarification, Shaun. I made an error in assuming that IE8 was a required browser in order to play PureSim. The components, however, need to be installed. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 1:48:51 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Thanks for the clarification, Shaun. I made an error in assuming that IE8 was a required browser in order to play PureSim. The components, however, need to be installed. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

KG, this is not just you, it is a common misconception. Believe it or not v1.0 of PureSim actually installed IE 5.5 as part of it's install! I cannot legally do this with IE7 or IE8. The good ole' days, I installed IE, nobody knew better and all was good :)

I think people hear "IE" and they surmise I am asking them to change Web Browsers. That is not the case, I just need the bits to be present.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 6
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 2:27:28 AM   
rjolley

You can't have IE7 and IE8 installed together, can you?

That would be the problem on my work laptop. I need IE7 for the Intranet sites and they don't support having IE8 installed just yet.

And I know, I know, I shouldn't have PureSim installed on my work laptop. But since I use it more than my personal laptop, I try to install what I like to use on it.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 7
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 2:31:02 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjolley

That would be the problem on my work laptop. I need IE7 for the Intranet sites and they don't support having IE8 installed just yet.

And I know, I know, I shouldn't have PureSim installed on my work laptop. But since I use it more than my personal laptop, I try to install what I like to use on it.

No, you can't, and that is a fair point. I should probably do some more testing as IE6 is the biggest culprit, IE7 and IE8 are solid.

(in reply to rjolley)
Post #: 8
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 3:58:53 AM   
Orcin

quote:

I have this problem also. It would be great if IE7 were still supported.

(in reply to rjolley)
Post #: 9
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 4:46:00 AM   
KG Erwin

deleted

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 9/26/2009 5:02:15 AM >

(in reply to Orcin)
Post #: 10
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 10:19:12 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

This may be a moot point if they have some sort of policy at work, but IE8 supports running in IE7 compatibility mode to handle this case.

(in reply to rjolley)
Post #: 11
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 10:33:36 AM   
rjolley

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

quote:

This may be a moot point if they have some sort of policy at work, but IE8 supports running in IE7 compatibility mode to handle this case.

Well, that's worth a shot. I'll have to take a look at the company's policy on IE8 and see if they've changed their stance in the last 6 months.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 12
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/26/2009 9:17:42 PM   
HotCornerDave

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

I fail to understand the reluctance to upgrade.

On my PC, IE7 and IE8 unnecessarily eat up large amounts of memory. Do a Google search on IE7/8 memory usage or memory leak and you'll see that many people have this problem. IE7/8 doesn't properly close down the program leaving behind multiple running instances, each holding on to a chunk of memory, which eventually leads to miserable computer performance. IE6 does not have this issue.

That said, I will upgrade to IE8 for PureSim. I don't have a problem with that anymore. I now use a different web browser for personal use - problem fixed.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 13
RE: Note About IE8 - 9/28/2009 2:27:30 PM   
Wrathchild

The only time I ever use Internet Explorer for anything is to view my Puresim online almanac. And I wouldn't even use it for that if Firefox would display the pages properly. Internet Explorer has never been my first choice for browsing anything.

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

(in reply to HotCornerDave)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Note About IE8 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI