Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Graphical Glitches

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> Graphical Glitches Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Graphical Glitches - 9/24/2009 6:27:10 PM   
DavidR

Erik ,

Similar to graphical problem with WITP AE please find screenshot attached showing terrain "picked up " by mouse and dropped in random places . The glitches remain as long as the screen is static but disappear when the mouse is scrolled causing the screen borders to move.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Graphical Glitches - 9/24/2009 6:52:04 PM   
Hard Sarge

when, how, are you doing that, I have never seen that

(in reply to DavidR)
Post #: 2
RE: Graphical Glitches - 9/24/2009 7:05:58 PM   
DavidR

Hard Sarge ,

Problem occurs by just moving the mouse accross the map. Seems that it might be linked to disabling Direct Draw acceleration which I tried in order to speed up the game as per Erik 's suggestion.

I have just re-enabled DD acceleration and at first sight there appears to be no graphical glitches.

Davidr

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 3
RE: Graphical Glitches - 9/24/2009 7:06:26 PM   
Erik Rutins

Is this in Full Screen or Windowed mode? Can you post a DxDiag please?

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 4
RE: Graphical Glitches - 9/24/2009 7:08:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidR
Problem occurs by just moving the mouse accross the map. Seems that it might be linked to disabling Direct Draw acceleration which I tried in order to speed up the game as per Erik 's suggestion.

Ah, ok. Yes, we saw that on some systems with WITP where DirectDraw acceleration was disabled as well. Some systems don't seem to like that as much. One thing that may help with that in some cases is also setting the process priority to the highest setting (in the Ctrl-Alt-Del process menu).

In general though, if you're having this issue, re-enable Direct Draw acceleration to get rid of it and wait for the first update. You may also want to try Windowed vs. Full Screen mode to see if either works better for you with DirectDraw acceleration disabled.

One last thought - if you have anything unusual enabled on your mouse (like cursor trails or some such) try disabling that to see if it helps with this.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to DavidR)
Post #: 5
RE: Graphical Glitches - 9/25/2009 2:21:12 AM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidR

Hard Sarge ,

I have just re-enabled DD acceleration and at first sight there appears to be no graphical glitches.

Davidr

okay, I understand, that is why I never seen it, I also have trouble with the DDA turned off with graphics

(in reply to DavidR)
Post #: 6
RE: Graphical Glitches - 4/23/2010 5:13:49 PM   
Rosmarus

I had these glitches as well but when I disabled DDA emulation from game options menu they disappeared. I have the actual DDA enabled from dxdiag menu.

< Message edited by Rosmarus -- 4/23/2010 5:14:29 PM >

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 7
RE: Graphical Glitches - 6/20/2010 12:31:18 PM   
ool

Just got the game as a fathers day gift and am having this issue. How do you deal with direct draw enabling disabling? I have no Idea. I have Xp pro OS. Appreciate your assistance.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: Graphical Glitches - 6/20/2010 11:26:36 PM   
mikkey

I had the graphical glitches and I tried the DDA, but the graphical glitches remained. But after installing 1.02 patch and selecting "Set DirectDraw emulation software" is all without any problems.

(in reply to ool)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> Graphical Glitches Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI