Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carrier sorties remaining.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Carrier sorties remaining. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carrier sorties remaining. - 9/22/2009 5:20:31 PM   
Remenents

I was uner the impression that as long as a Carrier TF can get to a port with fuel and supplies, it will replenish its "sorties". Apparently this is not the case. I have 3 Air Combat TFs protecting Wake right now (and doing one hell of a job) with 3 Surface Combat TFs as back up incase they get attacked by other surface ships, well, one of my Air Combat TFs is out of sorties and another one is getting close, when I sent them to replenish at Wake, nothing happens. The fuel goes back up, but the sorties stays at 0. Can someone explain this to me why this is? Thanks.

Avenge the U.S.S. Houston (CA 30)
Post #: 1
RE: Carrier sorties remaining. - 9/22/2009 5:32:44 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Remenents
I was uner the impression that as long as a Carrier TF can get to a port with fuel and supplies, it will replenish its "sorties". Apparently this is not the case. I have 3 Air Combat TFs protecting Wake right now (and doing one hell of a job) with 3 Surface Combat TFs as back up incase they get attacked by other surface ships, well, one of my Air Combat TFs is out of sorties and another one is getting close, when I sent them to replenish at Wake, nothing happens. The fuel goes back up, but the sorties stays at 0. Can someone explain this to me why this is? Thanks.

You might try looking at the rearm table 20.1.2.2 in the manual. Sortie rearm requires a port-6, or a smaller port with lots of NavSup. Torp Sortie rearm requires a port-7, or a smaller port with lots more NavSup.

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to Remenents)
Post #: 2
RE: Carrier sorties remaining. - 9/22/2009 5:35:59 PM   
Remenents

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Thanks. I tried to find it in the book, guess I didnt look in right place. That will help alot. :)

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 3
RE: Carrier sorties remaining. - 9/22/2009 5:39:10 PM   
JWE

quote:

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Thanks. I tried to find it in the book, guess I didnt look in right place. That will help alot. :)

Alternatively, if you want to use a smaller port as a base, you might think about loading up a couple AKEs and putting them in port. An appropriate tender is a reasonable alternative (as described in the manual, as well).

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to Remenents)
Post #: 4
RE: Carrier sorties remaining. - 9/22/2009 6:15:10 PM   
Remenents

Thats not a bad idea. So I would basically just set up a TF with them and send it into Wake (without disbanding) and they could resupply the Air Combat TFs?

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 5
RE: Carrier sorties remaining. - 9/22/2009 6:57:08 PM   
JWE

quote:

Thats not a bad idea. So I would basically just set up a TF with them and send it into Wake (without disbanding) and they could resupply the Air Combat TFs?

With, or without disbanding. There is a tweak being applied in patch-2 so I don't wish to be definitive at this stage. Either-or, you can easily figure it out.

The only thing that's really important, is that tenders need on-board supply to perform rearm, so after you load them up, you must hit the "Do Not Unload" switch. Otherwise, they will just dump their stuff on the beach, and you are SOL.

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to Remenents)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Carrier sorties remaining. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI