Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

unitSS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods >> unitSS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
unitSS - 9/22/2009 2:32:42 PM   
Agent S

okay,
so I have currently turned slovakian units into SS.
anyone care to suggest what changes I should make to the country.csv file to make them more powerful, but equally a little more expensive.
or am I wasting my time on this?

Attachment (1)

"Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. Whatever the cost." -Dr. Who (#1)
Post #: 1
RE: unitSS - 9/22/2009 10:07:47 PM   
NefariousKoel

You may be opening a can of worms, there. 

Someone will next clamor for Soviet guards units, and it'll just keep going.

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 2
RE: unitSS - 9/22/2009 10:35:06 PM   
Uxbridge

Finally some use for the Slovaks.

For a moment I thought you had a splendid idea there. Why not change Slovakia into an SS-part of Germany, give it Bratislava, Nürnberg and Leipzig as cities. These locations will be SS-territory. The rest goes to Germany, all other Slovakian territory included. This will create a small SS-nation within Germany, with it's own units and it's own production. Then the efficiency rating for these units will rise rapidly, giving them combat values out of all proportion from 1942 onwards. And they will be black!!

There's just one snag. They will be unable to co-ordinate attacks with other German units.

< Message edited by Uxbridge -- 9/22/2009 10:50:13 PM >

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 3
RE: unitSS - 9/22/2009 11:27:56 PM   
cpdeyoung

There is a small amount of logic in that. The Army and Waffen SS did not always see eye to eye.

Chuck

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 4
RE: unitSS - 9/23/2009 12:19:20 AM   
axisandallies

quote:

ORIGINAL: cpdeyoung

There is a small amount of logic in that. The Army and Waffen SS did not always see eye to eye.

Chuck

Chuck you ar 100% right. How would you feel if the Waffen-SS always got the new equipment, first. I think the biggest resentment however was the fact the SS officers were younger and less experience then their army counterparts.

Stupid rebellion, anyhow....D. Vader

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 5
RE: unitSS - 9/23/2009 3:42:32 AM   
Agent S

I realised that the SS units will not be able to combine attacks with their grey clad counterparts, but I was thinking they could be used as shock troops.
Small in number, but a headache for the allies.
Germany could transfer PP's to Slovakia as a way of keeping numbers down.
Slovakia makes sense, as being landlocked, the A.I. is not going to be producing SS-subs for example.
anyways I just wanted to see some of those evil black little squares running amok in my games.
Brings back a nostalgic shudder.

Q: Is anyone actually modding the scenario and country values here, or are we just playing the vanilla version of the game.
I think of all the user a.i. tweaks that were made in Advanced Tactics to the betterment of the game experience and wonder if it will happen here also.

"Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. Whatever the cost." -Dr. Who (#1)

(in reply to axisandallies)
Post #: 6
RE: unitSS - 9/23/2009 4:44:41 AM   
Agent S

#Important! Ids must follow sequence (1,2,3...etc);;;;;;;;;;;;;;Tech levels;;;;;;;Points;;;;;Points max/used;;;Tech investments;;;;;;Tech research progress;;;;;;Capital coordinates on diplomacy bmp image;;DoneDelayWarEntry;DoneHasteWarEntry;DoneParliamentaryElections;DoneTurnInOrientation;;;Data for settings screen only;Data for settings screen only;;Nuclear;;Months to reach new level of land warfare doctrine (cumulated);;;;;DoneExertPressureAxis;DoneExertPressureAllied;DoneExertPressureComintern;;;Weather modifiers;;;;

#ID;IsActive?;Name;Color1;Color2;Color3;Color4;Alliance;Orientation;Zone of Influence;Alliance entry;Polit. Str.;Finished turn?;Human controlled?;Artillery;Tanks;Land warfer doctrine (0-5);Aircraft;Subs;Navy;Nukes;PPs;DPs;SMPs;STPs;AIPs;SMP;STP used by convoys;AIP;Artillery;Tanks;Aircraft;Subs;Navy;Nukes;Artillery;Tanks;Aircraft;Subs;Navy;Nukes;X;Y;0/1;0/1;0/1;0/1;Social unrest;WarEconomy(%);Power (1-major, 2-minor, 3-other);Region (1-africa, 2-asia, 3-europe, 4-n. America, 5-s.america);Difficulty level (0-v.hard, 1-hard, 2-normal, 3-easy, 4-v.easy);Nuclear bombs;DP growth per month;Lev 1;Lev 2;Lev 3;Lev 4;Lev 5;0/1;0/1;0/1;PBEM Player ID;Unit upkeep cost modifier;Winter battle;Winter move;Mud battle;Mud move;Country type special flags

29;1;SS;0x00000000;0x00000000;0x00000000;0x00000000;2;1;2;100;20;0;0;1;1;0;1;1;1;0;0;0;1;0;0;1;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;827;726;0;0;0;0;0;10;3;3;2;0;0;24;60;90;120;140;0;0;0;0;0.5;100;100;100;100;0
-okay who wants to get the ball rolling on this one...

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 7
RE: unitSS - 9/23/2009 4:51:18 AM   
Agent S

quote:

Someone will next clamor for Soviet guards units, and it'll just keep going. -N.K.

• soviet guards
  • mountain troops
  • commando units
  • lots of angry farmers with pitchforks

you're probably right.
still no harm in trying

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 8
RE: unitSS - 9/23/2009 7:26:29 AM   
Uxbridge

Here's a trial. Pick "1939 WAFFEN SS" and click on "Ladda ner":

Scenario

Waffen-SS is a separate state within Germany with it's own economy. There's no units at start, they have to be produced. They can only be placed in Bratislava, Munich or Frankfurt. SS-units have greatly enhanced combat abilities, but can't co-operate with German units in combat. Slovakia is no more.

There's no specially made counters (Agent have to make his own), but the scenario will work with Uxbridge-graphics.

Note that this is just for testing and fun. Its no serious scenario.

< Message edited by Uxbridge -- 9/23/2009 7:29:38 AM >

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 9
RE: unitSS - 9/23/2009 7:47:49 AM   
Agent S

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 10
RE: unitSS - 9/23/2009 7:49:30 AM   
Agent S

Q: which .csv files have you tweaked with here ux?

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 11
RE: unitSS - 9/23/2009 9:04:56 AM   
Uxbridge

Countries.csv. Changed colour to black; changed industrial war level to 90; changed efficiency to 3, rising to 4 in 2 months and 5 i 2 years; also raised some tech (can't remember which now since it was made in a few seconds); SMP should be 4, but that didn't seem to work when I tried it; changed name of country to "Waffen SS".

Misc.csv. Changed the scenario name to "1939 WAFFEN SS".

Land units.csv. Moved German units out of Frankfurt and Munich; changed country and name of the three Slovakian units, making them German.

Air units.csv. Removed Slovakian air unit.

Map. Changed ownership of Frankfurt, Munich and Bratislava to Waffen SS; changed all formerly Slovakian hexes to German.

Think that's about it!

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 12
RE: unitSS - 9/23/2009 10:38:13 AM   
Agent S

Q: Is it possible to restrict the a.i. to only build infantry and armor?

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 13
RE: unitSS - 9/23/2009 10:47:30 AM   
Uxbridge

No, you can't do that.

I would strongly recommend that you play both Germany and Waffen SS. There's no end to the mischief the AI could be up to otherwise.

< Message edited by Uxbridge -- 9/23/2009 1:01:12 PM >

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 14
RE: unitSS - 9/24/2009 10:25:22 AM   
Agent S

Perhaps I should rephrase the question.
Can a country be prevented from building certain unit types, by altering one of the .csv's
(there has to be some way otherwise Switzerland may have delusions of creating a navy.)
same thing applies to my Slovaks, (SS).
only so I can play allies against them, rather than always playing the bad guys.

(in reply to Uxbridge)
Post #: 15
RE: unitSS - 9/24/2009 2:28:53 PM   
gwgardner

yes, look for the build preferences line, but I forgot which csv. maybe consts.csv

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 16
RE: unitSS - 9/24/2009 8:21:05 PM   
Uxbridge

Yes, GW is right. It must be the AI.csv. This is the one file that I have almost never opened, so I can't help you here. But maybe you can fix this by simply remove naval units and such in the build preferences.

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 17
RE: unitSS - 9/25/2009 10:39:18 AM   
Michael the Pole

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S

quote:

Someone will next clamor for Soviet guards units, and it'll just keep going. -N.K.

• soviet guards
  • mountain troops
  • commando units
  • lots of angry farmers with pitchforks

you're probably right.
still no harm in trying

Clamor, clamor. clamor!

Why not carve out a new country deep in the Urals or the Urals or the Caucuses to be the origin poin t of the fierce Soviet Gaurds?

"One scoundrel is a disgrace, two is a law-firm, and three or more is a Congress." B. Franklin

Mike

A tribute to my heroes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRU2tlE5m8

(in reply to Agent S)
Post #: 18
RE: unitSS - 9/30/2009 10:27:34 PM   
doomtrader

Use other country than Slovakia (something from South America?).

The only way that comes to my mind is to change upkeep cost.

(in reply to Michael the Pole)
Post #: 19
RE: unitSS - 10/2/2009 12:09:51 PM   
axisandallies

Thank you for this mod

Stupid rebellion, anyhow....D. Vader

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 20
RE: unitSS - 10/2/2009 9:10:36 PM   
Uxbridge

Oh, say nothing of it ...

(in reply to axisandallies)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Scenarios and Mods >> unitSS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI