Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Units on WC to China/India

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Units on WC to China/India Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Units on WC to China/India - 9/19/2009 12:17:31 PM   
cantona2

Can units still be sent from the WC to China or India by changing their HQ like it was possible in WitP?

< Message edited by cantona2 -- 9/19/2009 12:19:06 PM >

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Banner by rogueusmc
Post #: 1
RE: Units on WC to China/India - 9/19/2009 12:39:14 PM   
Smeulders

No, but you can transport them with the off-map bases.

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 2
RE: Units on WC to China/India - 9/19/2009 1:02:18 PM   
cantona2

ok thanks

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

Banner by rogueusmc

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 3
RE: Units on WC to China/India - 9/19/2009 2:15:40 PM   
Grognerd

I was watching the times on transports out of the east coast. 27 days from the east coast to cape town. 14 days to reach on map from cape town. How ever many days to whatever you set the final destination to be. So it seems less than or pretty close to the 60 days it used to take changing the HQ. Good route to get US units to India. Maybe even Perth. You can even go west coast throught panama then cape town, although I have not checked the times. Certainly bypasses subs and hunter killer carrier groups  (for the most part).

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 4
RE: Units on WC to China/India - 9/19/2009 2:30:09 PM   
Smeulders

Notice that the time between off-map bases is a function of the speed of the TF, so quicker xAP may do it in less time.

(in reply to Grognerd)
Post #: 5
RE: Units on WC to China/India - 9/19/2009 2:36:59 PM   
Grognerd

Yes I shunt mostly the faster AK's to the east coast. They have more endurance too. Although I'm not sure they use endurance off map.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 6
RE: Units on WC to China/India - 9/19/2009 3:56:11 PM   
medicff

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognerd

Yes I shunt mostly the faster AK's to the east coast. They have more endurance too. Although I'm not sure they use endurance off map.

Why would you send any On Map ships to the East Coast USA? You can move land units and air by rail to west coast or use OFFMAP shipping (not physically there) to capetown/panama. You can send supplies to West Coast via supply buttons and use ships to pick up on West Coast.

(in reply to Grognerd)
Post #: 7
RE: Units on WC to China/India - 9/20/2009 11:27:33 AM   
Grognerd

AK's that arrive at the Panama Canal I shunt some off to the East Coast (I try to keep about 15 - 20 AK's in the east, The west usually has a 130ish anyway, more than enough). Air units scheduled to go to Southeast Asia I send via Cape Town, they do not travel through sub/CV infested waters. So far I have used the West Coast to embark the LCU's. Even going to Aust. from the East Coast with Air Units is safer to route through the canal from the east coast. Just my preference to limit the amount of units that are subject to attrition while in route. It does not seem to take that much longer either. I have not used the route from Cape Town to Perth yet.

(in reply to medicff)
Post #: 8
RE: Units on WC to China/India - 9/20/2009 12:41:44 PM   
Smeulders

I'm using Cape Town to Perth quite a lot for supplies to OZ, seems shorter then from the West Coast and also a less likely spot for enemy submarines.

(in reply to Grognerd)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Units on WC to China/India Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI