From: Rijeka, CRO
Is there a way to delete the database (or in any way make it smaller... after couple hundred turns it gets really slow because of the huge file), but without deleting my region assignment data?
When I delete the trackerdb files, database is purged, Tracker runs much faster, but I also lose all of my regions, since all the bases are now assigned to "Japan".
Also, is there a way to delete all the turns in it, except the last one, so I can still track the changes etc.?
EDIT: nvm, got it sorted chaps.
Here's how I did it (!!! it's CRUCIAL that you follow the 1st two steps carefully, or else you could lose the save files !!!):
1) backup your old save file from previous turn, that should be your first in a new database, eg. I did it for 30th/31st of previous month (let's say, 12/31/42),
2) backup your current save file from this turn, eg. 01/01/43,
3) in the old, slow Tracker, backup your regions assignments by going to the File -> Export Base-Region Definitions...,
4) close the Tracker, delete the 4 trackerdb files in it's folder,
5) copy your old (12/31/42) save file to the current SAVE folder, or wherever you set up your Tracker to read it from,
6) run the Tracker and let it initialize the new database, it will automatically read the 12/31/42 turn,
7) restore the regions by going to the File -> Import Base-Region Definitions...,
8) close the Tracker and copy your current save file (01/01/43) to the SAVE folder, or wherever you set up your Tracker to read it from,
9) run Tracker again, and read the new turn. Voila! New, clean, fast database with just last 2 turns loaded and regions defined.
< Message edited by Lord_Calidor -- 9/5/2017 8:40:09 AM >
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage.