WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

floydg

WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available!

Post by floydg »

Now that you've had a little time to enjoy the first AE patch, Damian and I are proud (relieved?) to annouce Release 1.0 of WitPTracker AE.

The web site to get it from is here: http://sites.google.com/site/witptracker. The documentation is quite sketchy right now, but we will flesh it out soon.

We adapted the "classic" WitPTracker to work with the AE save file format, added critical things that were new for AE, but we still have a long way to go.

If you have problems and/or suggestions, post them to this thread or send e-mail to witptracker@gmail.com.

Enjoy!

Floyd and Damian
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
GB68

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0

Post by GB68 »

Great! Thanks to both of you for your hard work.

This will be very useful!
"Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?"
- Spike Milligan
floydg

Post by floydg »

We certainly hope it will be useful. Let us know if it works for you -- I'm not 100% sure I packaged it up properly.
P.Hausser

Post by P.Hausser »

VERY GOOD !!! THANKS A LOT
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Whoo-HOO!!! THANKS!
Pax
P.Hausser

Post by P.Hausser »

@floydg

Hello, I have installed ALL the required programs, and do have latest version.
I have Vista 64 btw..

I start Tracker via the Jar, and it generates the db's, I then dubbleclick on the Jar to open it but nothing happands.

Is it suppose to be compertible with Vista and 64 bit ?

floydg

Post by floydg »

If the file downloads without a .ZIP extension, just change the filename to add it. I updated the attachment name, so anyone downloading after I post this message should not have an issue.

Sorry...
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: P.Hausser

@floydg

I have Vista 64 btw..

I start Tracker via the Jar, and it generates the db's, I then double click on the Jar to open it but nothing happens.

Is it suppose to be compatible with Vista and 64 bit ?
Neither Floyd nor I have a 64 bit OS, but it should theoretically work ... I don't understand Mr Hausser, you start Tracker, it generated the DB's, and then opens ? Why are you double clicking the Jar again ?

--Damian--
P.Hausser

Post by P.Hausser »

ORIGINAL: n01487477

ORIGINAL: P.Hausser

@floydg

I have Vista 64 btw..

I start Tracker via the Jar, and it generates the db's, I then double click on the Jar to open it but nothing happens.

Is it suppose to be compatible with Vista and 64 bit ?
Neither Floyd nor I have a 64 bit OS, but it should theoretically work ... I don't understand Mr Hausser, you start Tracker, it generated the DB's, and then opens ? Why are you double clicking the Jar again ?

--Damian--

Thanks for fast replay.

I do this:

1. dubbleclick once on Jar.... It generates the db's ... and nothing happand... I wait and wait... and after 12 min i dubbleclicked on the Jar agian... nothing happands, no windows and nothing... (PS: I do have ALL needed programs installed, and WITP Tracker works on this system, WITPSTAFF also works on it).

Paul

romanovich

Post by romanovich »

Looks good!

Under REGIONS, you write: "When the game is initialized, the bases are assigned as they are read from the save file. This initial assignment is not optimal, so it is advised that you assign the regions on your own." Obviously, it's neat to be able to create custom regions, but I'm not sure that I would succeed right away in creating regions that are more "optimal" than what the Devs gave us. Just curious, what would you consider to be an "optimal" region, or at least a region that allows for better tracking/management than the pre-set regions? An example might help here. If you could maybe paste just one sample region you'd be, or are, using, and its composition (i.e. the bases its comprised of)? That'd go a long way towards giving me pointers how to think about setting up new regions w/ Tracker.

Thanks!
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: romanovich

Looks good!

Under REGIONS, you write: "When the game is initialized, the bases are assigned as they are read from the save file. This initial assignment is not optimal, so it is advised that you assign the regions on your own." Obviously, it's neat to be able to create custom regions, but I'm not sure that I would succeed right away in creating regions that are more "optimal" than what the Devs gave us. Just curious, what would you consider to be an "optimal" region, or at least a region that allows for better tracking/management than the pre-set regions? An example might help here. If you could maybe paste just one sample region you'd be, or are, using, and its composition (i.e. the bases its comprised of)? That'd go a long way towards giving me pointers how to think about setting up new regions w/ Tracker.

Thanks!

You can use the import function and import the one Damian made. The file is in the region-mappings folder.

Floyd
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: romanovich

Looks good!

Thanks!
It also says that you can:
There are two ways you can do it: manually, base-by-base; or by reading in a customized mapping file (and then manually adjusting, if needed).
This file is included with WitpTracker. The problem is that some bases are not initially set up under their correct regions, and if you load, you will note that many Japanese bases are regioned as Soviet. Use the Regionfile included and it fixes these problems. I'll talk later about optimal region settings.

--Damian--
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

First, thank you very much. Now maybe I can understand what is happening in this game.

Now, for my first error report!!

In the Aircraft Comparison, the P-40E is listed as available 12/42. That is the date that the Chinese version becomes available. You may have to look at expanding the aircraft list if you want to show when everything is available.

I really haven't spent enough time to evaluate, but most everything looks like the original for WitP and that is good.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Now that both the first official patch and Tracker-AE are out, I don't have an excuse to to postpone re-started my WITP games with AE.

Thanks guys!! [&o]
[center]Image[/center]
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Nomad

First, thank you very much. Now maybe I can understand what is happening in this game.

In the Aircraft Comparison, the P-40E is listed as available 12/42. That is the date that the Chinese version becomes available. You may have to look at expanding the aircraft list if you want to show when everything is available.

I really haven't spent enough time to evaluate, but most everything looks like the original for WitP and that is good.

It is there Nomad, but it is further down the list, I guess we will have to differentiate nationality for the Allied player... the stats are also on the aircraft drop down

--Damian--
romanovich

Post by romanovich »

Ah, cool. So the regionFile_Full.txt file is one which shows your take on more "optimal" regions. Required reading for the analytical-minded. Good stuff.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Just to clarify,
the file is not to be "read", but to be imported into the program via the File -> import base region definitions [:D]
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Ugh! The scenario has several P-40E's. Slot 14 (Chinese) and Slot 342 (US Army). When you select something from the menu, I just find the first one that matches the name. I'll need to do something to the name to make them unique.

Thanks for bug report #1.

Floyd
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

Many thx for ur great work.

I've got a vista64 bit system too. I've got it up and working sorta. Had to use the vcredist_x64.exe naturally. Actually i used both, but the program seems to work.

Only problem is no matter my settings in the properties file. I can only get info from jap side. Even after changing the side to 1 instead of the 0. That said its 5am so its prolly just me. ill trouble shoot further tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I can find all three entries, but all of them report that the arrival date is 42/12

the first one is Chinese and should be 42/12. The second is Dutch and should be available 42/3.
And the third on is USA and should be available 41/12. But when I look at them they all say
42/12.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”