Historical Events and Stuff

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

LexLegis

Historical Events and Stuff

Post by LexLegis »

Hello everybody!

1.) Historical Events
I am just playing the campaign COG EE 1803. Strangely enough, there are no historical events any more (and I am playing France, so there should be lots of them). I have arrived at 1808 without a single historical event.

2.) Colonies
I have a question on colonies:
What are they for? I keep on to trade them away to the AI. They seem to be keen for it. But loosing them does not hurt my econony at all. I just lose 1 Money per colony. So what good are they for?

3.) Great Britain will never surrender
How is it that Great Britain does not surrender even though I have destroyed most of her fleet and conquered most of England and Scotland? Are they lead by Churchill???

Ok, I will admit, that all of Europe hates me, because I have reached Glory 1200 while England and Prussia are following at Glory 600 (and falling)... But honestly, there should be someone who wants to join the winning side...
montesaurus

RE: Historical Events and Stuff

Post by montesaurus »

Depending on which country you have decides how valuable the colonies are. For example, I'm playing Turkey, which I believe has 20 colonies. Thats $20 per turn, which for Turkey is significant money!
In addition I believe the colonies provide 1/2 Spice resource for each colony that you own.

Why won't GB surrender? Whats it's National Morale? I believe you have to get it down to the negative levels(I think Negative 250) before there is a chance they will surrender. They have so many colonies that they probably import enough spice to keep their people happy!
So, you might have to invade them to convince them of the need to surrender!
montesaurus
French Player in Going Again II 1792
augustus

Post by augustus »

I also want to add my own "Huh??" to the historical events question. I'm three years into the 1792 scenario as france and haven't seen a single event.
Mus

Post by Mus »

10 colonies are worth 1 empire point.

Colonies give you 1 money and 1/2 spice per unit as well.

So for spice and money they are pretty handy, plus to get to or maintain empire status they are pretty useful for the smaller countries.
Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Are you doing PBEM?  There are no historical events in PBEM games.

If you park your army in London long enough, Britain should surrender.
lucr41

Post by lucr41 »

I have also come across issues with Historical Events.

The resolution can be found in these threads:
How to Fix Historical Events Failing to Trigger Part I
How to Fix Historical Events Failing to Trigger Part II

Return to “Tech Support”