Matrix Games Forums

Civil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now available
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WaW

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> The War Room >> WaW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WaW - 9/6/2009 12:29:04 PM   
british exil

Playing WaW as PBEM, Germany has Europe under it's "control". Now I have to play Japan.

Never played Japan before. Any tips on how to wage a sucessful campaign against china or Allies in the Pacific?

What should the pp's be used for? Troops, aircraft or ships?

Many questions I know, not even sure if I'm in the right room, but I'm sure someone here knows the answers.

Thanks in advance.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Post #: 1
RE: WaW - 9/6/2009 4:17:14 PM   
82ndtrooper

well as a basic rule if PP are in short supply I only tech up my most numerous units  in  japans case that would be infantry and carriers - because carriers tech up the carrier air. As for strategy i would definitely make sure i killed the USA's fleet at pearl the first turn that you can. that buys you time to take the rest of the pacific.

if your playing Explorers new version then there is also a action card available that allows GE to send PP and supply to japan if either one holds cario and the Suez canal area.

HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 2
RE: WaW - 9/6/2009 5:44:00 PM   
Grymme

As for killing china. One effective method that i have used is to build some levelbombers and destroy what little industry they have. Then methodicly take their citíes one at a time. They dont have much money to build AA or fighters.

And build some basic infantry units with infantry, MGs, mortars and horses. Ive even used Inf guns. Forget about tanks, maybe a couple of armoured cars. So infantry units with a couple of small artillery units.

Then you kill China and just wait and get invaded by 25 US battleships.

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to 82ndtrooper)
Post #: 3
RE: WaW - 9/6/2009 6:58:57 PM   
british exil

@ 82ndtrooper
Thanks for the advice.

@ Grymme
Thanks for the warning.

So it seems that Japan doesn't really have much of a chance.

If Germany crushes the West, and I really mean crush. Crush as in England, France and North Africa no longer speak their native tongue but speak German. Germany will have built an Autobahn directly to Moscow and Stalingrad. Leading their troops on to pacify china.
Only then will Japan stand a chace of winning in the Pacific?

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 4
RE: WaW - 9/6/2009 7:05:15 PM   
junk2drive

Ever play Axis and Allies as Japan?

Post #: 5
RE: WaW - 9/6/2009 7:11:52 PM   
british exil

Was just given Axis and AlLies by a collegue on friday. I haven't installed it yet, just got home from being away this weekend.

Never played the boardgame, war games not really a favortie pasttime here in Germany. Games not sold much in shops. Mostly shooters and similar games.

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 6
RE: WaW - 9/6/2009 7:31:05 PM   
junk2drive

Boardgame was my reference. I once played Japan and surmised to quickly take a city on Australia. This allowed me production ability other than mainland Japan. Eventually I controlled Africa, India, China, SE Asia, etc, and my German player could concentrate on Europe and Russia. We ended the game when it was obvious that the USA would continue to churn out units and attack mainland Japan until it was taken as the stalemate continued on the East front.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> The War Room >> WaW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI