Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WITP Tracker Save Game Operation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> WITP Tracker Save Game Operation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WITP Tracker Save Game Operation - 9/2/2009 9:19:07 PM   
NAVMAN

Greetings:
Just started using the tracker. Is it required to manually copy the save game file from the
game to tracker each time to get it into tracker or does tracker get it on its own?
Seems to be required to be done manually.

Thx.
Post #: 1
RE: WITP Tracker Save Game Operation - 9/2/2009 9:49:26 PM   
floydg

It depends on what you set for the SaveMode value in the witptracker.properties file.

If you use "0" (zero), then you need to copy a save file locally.
If you use "1" (one), then the program will get it from the game's SAVE folder.
If you use "2" (two), then it will try mode "0" and if it can't find it, will revert to mode "1".

(in reply to NAVMAN)
Post #: 2
RE: WITP Tracker Save Game Operation - 9/3/2009 1:52:51 AM   
NAVMAN

floydg,
Thx for your reply. I have the save mode set to 2. I must be doing something wrong.
Is there a tuturial for tracker? When running tracker, how do I tell it to import the latest
save game file?

Thx.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3
RE: WITP Tracker Save Game Operation - 9/3/2009 9:59:59 AM   
n01487477

Navman,
IF you are trying to load a game from the save folder option 2 is ok...

Option 2:
As Floyd said, it will look in the local folder tracker first,
then it will go to the path folder indicated your properties file and see if it can find a new turn with the same name as that indicated in your properties file.

So if you load the initial turn as save slot 4 (witp004.pws), after the next combat round you need to save once again to slot 4 (witp004.pws) and then the program will look for that file in the save folder.

Hope this clears it up, otherwise I'll make a diagram ;)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 9/3/2009 10:00:08 AM >

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to NAVMAN)
Post #: 4
RE: WITP Tracker Save Game Operation - 9/3/2009 11:09:32 PM   
NAVMAN

n01487477,
Thx for the reply. For tracker to work, do you need to have it "read" the save game file each time when updating? Also, do you need to keep the save game file location
the same for each turn of the same game? In other words, if I play scen 2 or whatever,
does each save have to be made to the same save slot? I noticed that if I complete
a game and start a new one, saving to the same save game slot as a prior game, tracker will tell me that turn has already been read, even though it pertains to a previous game.
Is there a way to "clear" out previous turns/games in tracker or does one need to save in a different slot for each game?
This is an excellent tool. Thx for your help.
Regards,
navman

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 5
RE: WITP Tracker Save Game Operation - 9/4/2009 4:30:30 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: NAVMAN

n01487477,
Thx for the reply. For tracker to work, do you need to have it "read" the save game file each time when updating? Also, do you need to keep the save game file location the same for each turn of the same game? In other words, if I play scen 2 or whatever,does each save have to be made to the same save slot?

If you are using option 2, and reading from the game save directory, yes you do. If you are doing a multi-turn read then there is a different procedure.

quote:

I noticed that if I complete a game and start a new one, saving to the same save game slot as a prior game, tracker will tell me that turn has already been read, even though it pertains to a previous game.
Is there a way to "clear" out previous turns/games in tracker or does one need to save in a different slot for each game?
This is an excellent tool. Thx for your help.
Regards,
navman

1 installation of Tracker per game, so if you have multiple games going you need multiple tracker folders. To clear the DB, you will notice in the tracker folder a number of files starting with trackerdb.* ---- delete these and the next time you run tracker it will initialise a new DB.

Glad you are liking it, there is a manual which goes with tracker, so check it out and there is some more documentation in the Tracker 1.6 Thread on page 2 iirc (look toward the end of the thread)

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to NAVMAN)
Post #: 6
RE: WITP Tracker Save Game Operation - 9/4/2009 11:36:08 PM   
NAVMAN

n01487477:
Thx for the detailed reply. I'll play around with it and see what happens.

Regards,
Navman

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> WITP Tracker Save Game Operation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI