Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

US Amphibious force off the coast of Japan (1/1942)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> US Amphibious force off the coast of Japan (1/1942) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US Amphibious force off the coast of Japan (1/1942) - 9/2/2009 1:52:28 AM   
jomni

I'm playing Japan vs. AI and it's Jan 1942. I spotted a US amphibous TF about 8 hexes from Shihoku Island. Composed of 4 AK's and 2 DD's. My planes were not ready to bomb since most of them are just in search mode. But I changed one of my ASW partrols to surface combat and engaged briefly. Sank an AK with the troops on board. Now the heading to the Philippines. What's the AI planning to do?
Post #: 1
RE: US Amphibious force off the coast of Japan (1/1942) - 9/2/2009 2:29:12 AM   
paullus99

Dirty Dozen: The First Mission

Lee Marvin & a cast of characters race to Tokyo Bay in an attempt to kidnap the Emperor of Japan & force an end to the War in the Pacific before it really gets started!

Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 2
RE: US Amphibious force off the coast of Japan (1/1942) - 9/2/2009 2:39:04 AM   
jomni

Yeah, I was wondering if they were planning to invade one of the little Japanese islands. Or these forces were enroute to the Philippines only to be diverted by some odd path finding logic. Like when I send a force from Badlebob (dunno the spelling) to Mindanao using default path finding and it kinda makes a U turn at some point and not the direct route.

Anyone else seen this AI behaviour.

(in reply to paullus99)
Post #: 3
RE: US Amphibious force off the coast of Japan (1/1942) - 9/2/2009 2:41:27 AM   
Peever

Someone's been drinking in the pilothouse.

"Sergeant the Spanish bullet isn't made that will kill me," Bucky O'Neil seconds before receiving a fatal shot to the head at the battle of San Juan Hill.

(in reply to paullus99)
Post #: 4
RE: US Amphibious force off the coast of Japan (1/1942) - 9/2/2009 3:00:54 AM   
StoneAge

Had the same thing happen in my game against the AI but he got to pre invasion stage at Osaka where they where all destroyed! Other than this have had no problems with the AI doing stupid things.

(in reply to Peever)
Post #: 5
RE: US Amphibious force off the coast of Japan (1/1942) - 9/2/2009 6:47:27 AM   
Pascal

you should report this, with saves, in the sticky forum on AI issues.

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 6
RE: US Amphibious force off the coast of Japan (1/1942) - 9/2/2009 7:14:57 AM   
tacfire

I had the same thing happen in my game - 4 AKs and 2 Destroyers in January 42. I was playing Japan vs. AI in Dec 8th Grand Campaign scenario. Although Japan's airforce was in training at the time and didn't do anything about it. The US suicide invasion was shredded by the Jap Coastal Guns near Kobe, and I had a midget sub in their too that also got a torpedo hit on them - sending them limping back to sea :)

< Message edited by tacfire -- 9/2/2009 7:15:38 AM >

(in reply to Pascal)
Post #: 7
RE: US Amphibious force off the coast of Japan (1/1942) - 9/2/2009 7:18:11 AM   
Andy Mac

It was a script error corrected in patch 1

(in reply to tacfire)
Post #: 8
RE: US Amphibious force off the coast of Japan (1/1942) - 9/2/2009 10:12:48 AM   
TheTomDude

Had a similar thing. Allied AI landed 1 batallion on Etorofu Jima in Mai 42. Home Island!
How bold is this. Needless to say, no allied soldier or sailor went back home.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> US Amphibious force off the coast of Japan (1/1942) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI