Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestions for next game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Suggestions for next game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestions for next game - 8/31/2009 1:16:26 PM   
killroyishere

No matter how much I play I just cannot get used to all or nothing on the infantry death animations. Is there hope in the next game the hand of god like in the Tin Soldiers series can become a part of this series and take out individual infantry units as damage decreases the power of the stand? I don't mind a limit to the number of little men per stand if this can be implemented, but, if I got a preference then 10 would be nice but I would accept 5 or 6. It just seems silly and silly looking to have 10 men on the stand and they all fall dead at once at the same time.
I don't want to read a text box down in the left hand corner of the window. I want to be able to quickly tell the strength of my unit by what I see on the screen.

Also can we have some tooltips on these icons and buttons on the screen? Like if in or out of command control? I don't want to have to memorize what each little icon represents on the screen.
Since this is suppose to be a minatures type game I would also like to see bases on these units like in Tin Soldiers or at least have it as an option. I enjoyed Tin Soldiers series very much because it had the feel of minature gaming. This game does not.
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestions for next game - 9/1/2009 3:37:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

power of the stand? I don't mind a limit to the number of little men per stand if this can be implemented, but, if I got a preference then 10 would be nice but I would accept 5 or 6. It just seems silly and silly looking to have 10 men on the stand and they all fall dead at once at the same time.
I don't want to read a text box down in the left hand corner of the window. I want to be able to quickly tell the strength of my unit by what I see on the screen.

Yes, having the casualties represented by a gradual decrease in the models in the squad is one of our planned enhancements for the next game in the series.

quote:

Also can we have some tooltips on these icons and buttons on the screen? Like if in or out of command control? I don't want to have to memorize what each little icon represents on the screen.
Since this is suppose to be a minatures type game I would also like to see bases o

Which ones exactly do you mean? Could you post a screenshot? We decided on the overhead icons instead of bases since they were more visible in the 3D terrain.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to killroyishere)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/6/2009 10:51:15 AM   
Adraeth Montecuccoli

My personal suggestion is, existing a modern combat ruleset from the developer of this game, to make a modern combat game... or, eventually a game based on a clash between Nato and Warsaw pact if an asymettrical war can't be done properly

www.histwar.fr/
---
Periods i like: age of muskets, napoleonics, modern combat.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/6/2009 2:27:52 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: killroyishere
Since this is suppose to be a minatures type game I would also like to see bases on these units like in Tin Soldiers or at least have it as an option. I enjoyed Tin Soldiers series very much because it had the feel of minature gaming. This game does not.

Many people who play miniatures don't like bases. It doesn't look real. We don't use bases on our miniature tanks and wouldn't on our minature infantry except to use to move them or keep them from falling over.
The game isn't suppose to be a miniatures game. It just uses the data from a miniatures game. I'm not sure what you would call the type of game it turned out to be.

Post #: 4
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/6/2009 2:33:32 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adraeth Montecuccoli
My personal suggestion is, existing a modern combat ruleset from the developer of this game, to make a modern combat game... or, eventually a game based on a clash between Nato and Warsaw pact if an asymettrical war can't be done properly

It could be done with a little work. New ammo and armor types would need to be added. And ATGMs movement and attack would have to be developed.

I'm not sure how helicopter attack and movement would work. That would require a bit of thinking.

(in reply to Adraeth Montecuccoli)
Post #: 5
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/7/2009 11:33:59 PM   
Lieste

Mobius, check PM please.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 6
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/21/2009 8:43:03 AM   
Adraeth Montecuccoli

Concerning Helicopters i believe that Close Combat Modern Tactics uses a good way, just like air support.. anyway the major problem should be the air cavalry sections (but they should be considered already in the map deploied and so without any helicopter to be designed)

www.histwar.fr/
---
Periods i like: age of muskets, napoleonics, modern combat.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 7
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/22/2009 3:48:30 PM   
Alan Sharif

I would love to see some modern battles using this system, Korea and Arab-Israeli spring to mind, but prefer to keep things historical rather than NATO/Warsaw Pact. But before that we have so much more of WW2 to cover. I should like to see Poland 39, France 40, Spanish Civil War and the Japanese in China prior to any modern stuff. I can dream any way:)  

A Sharif

(in reply to Adraeth Montecuccoli)
Post #: 8
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/22/2009 5:37:33 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan Sharif

I would love to see some modern battles using this system, Korea and Arab-Israeli spring to mind, but prefer to keep things historical rather than NATO/Warsaw Pact. But before that we have so much more of WW2 to cover. I should like to see Poland 39, France 40, Spanish Civil War and the Japanese in China prior to any modern stuff. I can dream any way:)  

I'm looking forward to the Poland '39 as well. I tend to be pretty linear and like to start things at the beginning.

Rick

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 9
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/22/2009 8:14:53 PM   
Lieste

Cough... Czechoslovakia?

Then Poland...

(Or even Spain, or Manchuria or China?)

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 10
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/22/2009 8:39:28 PM   
killroyishere

Cough...Western Europe early, then Africa, then Western Europe Late...then Island hopping in the Pacific...then Czechoslovakia and modern.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 11
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/22/2009 9:49:03 PM   
Lieste

Not Czech '68, but the '39 adventure by the Wehrmacht. The dress rehearsal for Poland 6 months later.

Post #: 12
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/22/2009 10:12:32 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lieste

Cough... Czechoslovakia?

Then Poland...

(Or even Spain, or Manchuria or China?)

Ok, my ignorance shows! I didn't realize that there was military opposition to the Czechoslovakia incursion. My bad

Rick

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 13
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/22/2009 10:40:59 PM   
Lieste

Not in 38, and the '39 invasion was relatively trouble free, as the planned border defences (such as they were) were on the German side of the occupied territories. The invasion was highly important to the Germans, as it greatly expanded their medium tank fleet from the captured Czechoslovakian equipment.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 14
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/23/2009 7:20:24 AM   
Bison36

I'd like to see some African and Western Front campaigns to get the Americans and Brits into the fight!

Honestly, I'd like to see infantry units get some love in the next expansion.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 15
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/23/2009 3:45:03 PM   
Alan Sharif

Be interesting to see the Italians in the fight to.

A Sharif

(in reply to Bison36)
Post #: 16
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/23/2009 4:14:16 PM   
FNG

North Africa would be excellent for more kit and more nations IMHO... and some great long range duels.

FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 17
RE: Suggestions for next game - 11/23/2009 4:50:12 PM   
JMass

NA +1 ... Germans, Italians, British, FF, Americans... tanks from the L3 to the Tiger...

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

(in reply to FNG)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Suggestions for next game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI