Conquer your Foes, Exercise your Brain – This is Conquest!
Matrix Games Slitherine Strategies (www.slitherine.com), and Illustrious Studios (www.illustrious-software.co.uk) are pleased to announce that Conquest! Medieval Realms is now available for purchase from Matrix Games for a download price of just $19.99.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Conquest! has just the right mix of wargaming flare and brain teasing challenge. Everyone from armchair general veterans to puzzle fans will enjoy the easy-to-learn hard-to-master gameplay found in Conquest!”
Conquest! Medieval Realms is a turn-based game that combines the pure strategic gameplay of Chess and the key principles of military strategy in a historical setting. The objective is to conquer up to 7 opposing AI or human players by defeating their armies and capturing their lands.
To gain supremacy, players will need to unite their spread out lands, build a roaring economy, and raise powerful armies to divide and conquer their enemies. Boost your income via markets and mines, upgrade your armies with stables and archery fields, or amass a large force, but sound strategy and careful thought will help you more than brute force.
Rows of castles and towers can help to stave off attacks while flanking maneuvers around mountains and terrain can surround and destroy foes. Tactics and long term strategy are essential to success as each battle will play out differently across an endless random map generator. For players looking to create their own tactical teasers, an easy-to-use map editor is also available for the creation of custom scenarios and campaigns.
Get more information on Conquest! Medieval Realms from its official product page.
- Conquest! is a simple game to learn, but you will need strategy, tactics and cunning.
- Play as the English or the French in the Hundred Years War, or fight the Wars of the Roses.
- Play games with up to 8 human players across a LAN or the internet.
- Easy to learn but hard to master, Conquest! is good mental exercise.
- Try your skill against 5 levels of AI in the campaign or skirmish modes.
- Randomly generated maps give you billions of potential battlefields to fight on.
- Use the included editors to create your own maps and campaigns
Sean Drummy Marketing and Press Relations Manager