Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This looks like it might be a fun game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Medieval] >> Conquest! Medieval Realms >> This looks like it might be a fun game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This looks like it might be a fun game - 8/18/2009 2:55:09 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

I like the look of this title and could see this filling those times when I just don't want to wade through tons of rules and detail. Am I correct to assume that this is a fast-paced game that a battle could be played and finished in a single evening?

Do some of the larger battles take considerable more time?

Is Tcp/ip supported or does this game not benefit from such a structure?

That last question is probably in the products info. I should look.

Anyhow, I'm nibblin' at the bait.

BTW, the screens look great. Very nice color coordination and clean looking screens.

mo reb

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Post #: 1
RE: This looks like it might be a fun game - 8/18/2009 3:39:42 AM   
FAsea

Link to the demo

http://www.illustrious-software.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=333

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 2
RE: This looks like it might be a fun game - 8/18/2009 3:11:51 PM   
Erik Rutins

Just one note on the demo - it's old and really not the ideal scenario to show off the game, but it should certainly give you an idea of what the basic gameplay is like.

This is basically a "Euro" style wargame, more about abstract strategy and strategic "puzzles" than detail. It's a great introduction to strategy gaming, IMHO and you can play through a scenario in very little time. Very easy to learn to play as well, I think if you want to introduce wargaming to your kids, this is a good game to use for that. With that said, it is not an easy game to master and should prove a good challenge to anyone's strategic thinking.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 8/20/2009 5:07:36 PM >

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to FAsea)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Medieval] >> Conquest! Medieval Realms >> This looks like it might be a fun game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI