Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strenght points and FirePower

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Strenght points and FirePower Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strenght points and FirePower - 8/17/2009 12:35:50 PM   
R_TEAM

Hi,

come to this question after a couple of hours thinking over this problem ...

I played much the old C64 Games "PanzerStrike!" who one tank symbol IS one tank
and one mortar/gun symbol IS one gun/mortar ...
Here on CS a tank symbol stay for a couple of tanks (the number of strenght points IS the number of tanks) and a arty symbol for a couple of guns (the same with the stenght
points) ..... (i leave the infantry out of this example - but for here it is the same behavor)

It is no problem that the individual tank is not simulated by move or positioning,it is very
unlikely that a tank platoon spread more than 250m in radius (tha size of a game Hex)
and so one is is safe to say that the platoon is distributet over the hex size ....
(the same is going for infantry)

But by battle action - it looks very unrealistic.....
So come it to an fight from a Tiger tank platoon with strenght 6 with an KV1 tank platoon with strenght 6 .. the damage is calculatet from the know datas and with know formulas.
Good and this is O.K.

---It looks after study the handbook THIS is covered with the Attack modifier---
| But come a Tiger platoon that have full Str6 and have now Str3 after an fight to an combat
| with an Str6 KV1 Platoon ...
| Tha same formulas/datas are used as by 6vs6 .. this is IMHO silly...
| 3 Tanks (thats present the 3Str Tiger platoon) cant get the same damage an 6 tanks as
| 6 Tanks !
| Dont think his 3 tank guns fire now magicaly twice the power as before ...
---But the result below is not covered ..(IMHO)--------------------------------------

The same is going the other way around....
If a 6Str Tiger Platoon fire on a weak 3Str KV1 Platoon, the result CANT the same as by 6vs6 - Its like 3 Tiger fire on the Target and 3 Tiger fire in the Air ....

I think this should changed to a more realistic way .... i played CS not for the nice GFX :P
I played it as one of the realistics WW2 Tank Battle simulations ... and all that make it more realistic is for me welcome - other i can play fun "strategic" games ...... ;)

[and i know - to change this, its open a deadly worm of problems ...]

Regards
R_TEAM

< Message edited by R_TEAM -- 8/17/2009 12:59:09 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Strenght points and FirePower - 8/17/2009 3:16:42 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: R_TEAM

The same is going the other way around....
If a 6Str Tiger Platoon fire on a weak 3Str KV1 Platoon, the result CANT the same as by 6vs6 - Its like 3 Tiger fire on the Target and 3 Tiger fire in the Air ....

I think this should changed to a more realistic way .... i played CS not for the nice GFX :P
I played it as one of the realistics WW2 Tank Battle simulations ... and all that make it more realistic is for me welcome - other i can play fun "strategic" games ...... ;)

I recommend reading Sections 5.20 Combat Explanation and 5.20.1 Combat Results.

It appears you seem to be misinterpreting how attacks are resolved.

Jason Petho

Petho Cartography

Mapping Military History

(in reply to R_TEAM)
Post #: 2
RE: Strenght points and FirePower - 8/19/2009 3:51:01 AM   
R_TEAM

Hi Jason,

thanks for you replay.
Have read the section carefull and i think i get the point ...
IMHO it is fire a tank platoon with 6SP to a 6SP tank platoon it fires 6 times.
It is firing a 6SP Tank platoon to an 3 SP Tank platoon it is firing 6 times too.
This i have missread ;) [thinked it fires only 3 times then, like the defender SP value..]

So it is sorted now - time for my next not full clear points ;)

First after reading this section i come across the density value point.
This is a nice and real bonus to the game,but i think it is a bit wrong implement.
If a hex have many units in it and have high density i dont think the respektive
platoons stand now closer at one point.So if the density value higher then the chance
to hit by an missshot of the primary target a other target that stand in the hex is the point
and not to hit the same target better .....

Second, if i get it correct a tank platoon with 6SP fires 6 times.If i fire as example with 3 tank platoons bundled on an target and the target get eliminatet after the second shot, the third tank platton stop firing and i have his AP points remaining for other stuff.
But if i fire with an single platoon with 6SP, it fires 6 times virtually, and if the target eliminated with the 3. virtual shot, the remaining 3 shots get loost.If i am correct ...
Can this be changed or is this a limit by simulating not every single tank ..?

Regards
R_TEAM

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Strenght points and FirePower Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI