Matrix Games Forums

New screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!Space Program Manager will be launching on Steam
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is this game dead?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Is this game dead? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is this game dead? - 8/16/2009 8:55:22 PM   
CSS

I keep reading this forum, but nothing seems to be happening......at all? Could we at least get a monthly update?
Post #: 1
RE: Is this game dead? - 8/16/2009 9:54:29 PM   
CraigDeaton

I, for one, am very interested in the game. Hope it's still an ongoing project.

I knew and gamed a bit with Mark Walker a few years back when he was first getting started and I expect he's still either a "Lone Ranger" or has a small staff. So it probably falls to him to do most, if not all of, the work. I know he does quality work though, so I imagine it'll be great when it is eventually released.

I love Matrix for giving Mark, and guys like him, a chance to get their product out there, but I'm as impatient as the next fellow that has been spoiled by EA and the other software mega-houses and their (relatively) short development cycles.

I just have to remember the best things take time...

Semper Fi,
Craig

It's always pilot error. Sometimes the idiot just doesn't know how to fly a broken aircraft.

(in reply to CSS)
Post #: 2
RE: Is this game dead? - 8/18/2009 1:03:47 AM   
sabre100

I think Matrix should remove this forum all together as this looks like vaporware to me. I think the developer had a great idea but probably is too busy on board games and has no time. It's a shame as this game had lots of potential but no updates at all for how long now?? It's a dis-service to the potential customers I mean look at WIF forum that game has been in development for a while but at least the developer rocks and provided constant updates so you know where the project is at all the time.

(in reply to CraigDeaton)
Post #: 3
RE: Is this game dead? - 8/18/2009 1:42:37 PM   
Barthheart

I agree that there should be more updates. But on the LnL site forums the developer gives a little more frequent info.
Last we heard there was they were finishing up the last three Soviet scenarios (not sure what that entails) all the German side being done already. That was about 2 months ago.
Yes they are more involved getting board games printed etc but that's their bread and butter so who can blame them.

The game is still coming....

< Message edited by Barthheart -- 8/18/2009 10:12:52 PM >

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 4
RE: Is this game dead? - 8/18/2009 7:31:45 PM   
benpark

Bread and butter indeed, but I think the sales of the PC game will taste like steak

"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 5
RE: Is this game dead? - 8/19/2009 5:13:35 AM   
JFalk68

Count me as another waiting for this game.

On my list of games in development that I am waiting for:

War in the East
Battles from the Bulge
Hero's of Stalingrad

Make it, I'll buy it

(in reply to benpark)
Post #: 6
RE: Is this game dead? - 8/24/2009 6:47:35 PM   
killroyishere

I'm afraid this one is going to become vapor nevermadeware like Combat Leader and Black Powder Wars. Shame as I was really looking forward to this one also since it reminded me of Squad Leader.

(in reply to JFalk68)
Post #: 7
RE: Is this game dead? - 8/25/2009 2:58:07 AM   
CSS

The waiting I can live with, the lack of at least a once a month update is intolerable!

(in reply to killroyishere)
Post #: 8
RE: Is this game dead? - 8/25/2009 3:58:58 AM   
junk2drive

I was hoping for a simpler type of Squad Battles that will be downloadable.

I liked the looks of the old LnL Vietnam games but wanted a computer game.

(in reply to CSS)
Post #: 9
RE: Is this game dead? - 8/26/2009 1:38:49 AM   
Sarkus

For what it's worth Mark Walker appeared on a podcast up today at www.flashofsteel.com. It was a somewhat combative interview, but does reveal some of the details of the game, details of Walker's design philosophy, and makes it clear he still views it as a current project.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 10
RE: Is this game dead? - 8/26/2009 7:05:49 AM   
runyan99

Fun to hear gamers badger a game designer.

(in reply to Sarkus)
Post #: 11
RE: Is this game dead? - 8/30/2009 5:39:33 PM   
MikeS369

After listening to that interview, I wouldn't doubt if this game doesn't come out for another couple of years.

(in reply to runyan99)
Post #: 12
RE: Is this game dead? - 8/31/2009 5:25:09 PM   
killroyishere

Yep game is vaporware

(in reply to MikeS369)
Post #: 13
RE: Is this game dead? - 9/2/2009 9:47:47 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: killroyishere

Yep game is vaporware

I've posted a few times on the Lock 'N Load site suggesting that it's time for the developers to at least give us a target *year*, but no dice. Oh yeah...one guy, not from the staff I assume, said that I should quit griping and that they "did not owe us anything since we didn't pay anything toward the development" and that if I didn't like it that I should "move on". And that's all she wrote.

(in reply to killroyishere)
Post #: 14
RE: Is this game dead? - 9/3/2009 1:19:08 AM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: killroyishere

Yep game is vaporware

I've posted a few times on the Lock 'N Load site suggesting that it's time for the developers to at least give us a target *year*, but no dice. Oh yeah...one guy, not from the staff I assume, said that I should quit griping and that they "did not owe us anything since we didn't pay anything toward the development" and that if I didn't like it that I should "move on". And that's all she wrote.

That was me, I'm not staff, and I never said "if you don't like it move on". What I said was " Check the front page of the web site and if there's no game for sale, move on" meaning go to your next gaming site and come back another day and chceck again since it only takes like 2 seconds to read the front page.

I did suggest that griping was pointless.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 15
RE: Is this game dead? - 9/3/2009 3:48:19 AM   
Gunhawk

I posted this message at he Lock 'N Load site today.

I listened to a "Three Moves Ahead" podcast that was recorded this week with Walker at the "Flash Of Steel" web site and here's the deal. Walker says that internet play should be ready in about 6 weeks. The game is scheduled to come out *this* year, but Walker says: "Will it be out? I don't know". However, he says that "the team is very serious about "Heroes of Stalingrad". What we can obviously gather from this is that the game won't be out for at *least* a couple of months and I didn't hear anything like a push for Christmas '09. So there ya go. No need to ask about the game until November, but don't even expect a target date then. So reading between the lines? Target 2010.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 16
RE: Is this game dead? - 9/5/2009 7:02:51 PM   
NefariousKoel

That's the most I've heard in awhile.  Someone crack the whip.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 17
RE: Is this game dead? - 9/11/2009 4:18:17 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

Posted - September 11 2009 : 07:12:30
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, we will do our best. I'll post new screens, make comments, try to keep a developer diary going. You have my word...but then I ask you this...go out into the INternet world...go to Matrix...go to BGG...go to Three Moves Ahead...Quarter till Three...point everyone here. I simply don't have the time to monitor, post and update a half-dozen forums.

FYI
This was posted on the LnL forum page. And, yes the forum is open for new members.

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 18
RE: Is this game dead? - 9/16/2009 9:25:22 PM   
lparkh

True to his word he has a new screen shot up at his company's website.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Is this game dead? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI